top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Assets, No Family, No Steady Job - Anyone have experience similar to my situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting of Creditors and being sued for Personal damages

Notice of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Case, Meeting of Creditors, & Deadlines

Meeting of Creditors set for 10/09/08

The presumption of abuse does not arise

Deadline to Object is 30 days after the conclusion of the meeting of creditors.

It is unnecessary to file claims at this time because it does not appear from the schedules that enough assets are available for payment of a dividend to creditors. If sufficient assets become available, you will be sent a Notice to File Claims.

Everything seems to be going great and then I get a notice that someone is suing me for Personal Injury and Personal Property Damages. I have not been actually served yet. The incident in this case is one of the reasons for my lack of work and large debt. The dates on the notice are within the statues of limitations for such cases. I have a message in with my lawyer now.

Any comments/questions/advice are welcome!
    Last edited by hopefull; 09-28-2008, 08:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    sep05 - Filed Chapter 7 | oct09 - Meeting of Creditors (341) | oct14 - Awaiting Discharge | nov17 - Last Day for Objections (set by trustee) | dec09 - Date discharged | dec12 - Date terminated - Case Closed

Comment

AutoClose Bankruptcy Case/Final Decree !

R.I.P.
      Chptr 7
      "No Distribution"
      Sep05 to Dec12

MuauahuaHAHAH !

VeGas Ba-bAy!

Dang, just a few days over three months and AutoClose!

Case Closed - Dec12 - AutoClose Bankruptcy Case/Final Decree

*thank you in advance for your acceptance of me celebrating with a gratuitous BK forum post.
      sep05 - Filed Chapter 7 | oct09 - Meeting of Creditors (341) | oct14 - Awaiting Discharge | nov17 - Last Day for Objections (set by trustee) | dec09 - Date discharged | dec12 - Date terminated - Case Closed

Comment

Very nice to hear... and... stay away from Vegas, baby.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

wow now that is awesome! congrats! i'm right where you are when you decided to file. did you ever get a new job? enjoy your fresh start!
          9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
          11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
          01/04/2010 - last day for objections
          01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

Congrats!!!! Whooohooooo!!
            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget