top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think you will lose your job because of the economy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AMISLANDER View Post
    Next question, would it be alright to look online, during my work breaks or go to the library and use their computer?
    Does your company allow web surfing during your breaks? Mine (county government) forbids all Internet surfing unless it's job-related.

*If* you're being watched and the company forbids web surfing for personal purposes then this is one of the first things they would look for. The library is perfectly fine.
    BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

It's good to see that most folks feel pretty confident that they will not lose thier jobs because of the economy.
      The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

I have been laid-off before, not fun. If I lose my current job I will be homeless because I don't have a Suze Orman 9 months of emergency funds available because I'm paying 25% interest on a credit card that has always been paid on time, above or at the minimum. I know, what's wrong with this picture?

Comment

I am not really worried. The field I'm in is stable and my company is established.

Comment

Yes, I do. And sometimes it's scary because studies show how negative thinking can actually make things real. I need to work on my optimism a bit.

Comment

My job is really slow. It's just a matter of time before they lay off. I think I will probably be laid off. Right now if I get 30 hours a week I'm doing good.

Comment

The whole operation in San Diego for the company I work for is closing down on March 13th. I took a job transfer to move to LA so I won't be out of work like everyone else. I'm lucky that I can easily move where others can't. There are still no guarantees even in the new city but I feel if something were to happen I will have a far better chance of finding another job in LA than San Diego. It was hard to say goodbye to the people I've worked with for so long and know that they will be filing for unemployment in two weeks.
                12/05/08 - filed pro se
                01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
                04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
                6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mische View Post
                  Yes, I do. And sometimes it's scary because studies show how negative thinking can actually make things real. I need to work on my optimism a bit.
                  Mind over matter can definitely aide in reducing of unnecessary stresses, but it has no bearing over the inevitable realities of life. lol
                  The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

I lost everything due to the economy. Hence being a member hear and going through ch 7. I am a licensed general contractor in FL and havent had income for 12 months.
                    Filed CH7 1-28-09
                    341 3-6-09
                    Discharge 5-15-09
                    Closed 5-15-09

Comment

Yes I really worry about my job to be honest..... we are a client-based company and anytime these clients pull out their accounts with us its the end of the world....

Comment

I have been warned to be prepared to cut hours, cut pay, and then get laid off. How's that for employer strategy!

Comment

Originally posted by halelani View Post
                          I have been warned to be prepared to cut hours, cut pay, and then get laid off. How's that for employer strategy!
                          At least they are giving you some sort of heads up. So many times people arrive for work in the morning and go home that day without a job. No warning.

Comment

My husband's company had a meeting and "froze" all bonuses, pay raises, etc.....
                            I guess when they do it that way, people are just grateful to still have a job....
                            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

It'sa comin!

I work for ethan Allen. It is slow! I am newest. I already missed the can 2 times with layoffs. It is a comin. It is horrible. Everyday we wonder so is today the day they will lay off a few more. I already took a 1/2 the pay cut. Killing meeee!!!!

Comment

I just lost mine today after 9 years. Thanks Chrysler . We just closed a profitable dealership in the middle of a recesssion because chrysler pulled our franchise. Over 100 people laid off. I'm having troubles wrapping my mind around closing a profitable business. So we will be talking to an attorney about Br on thursday.
                                ch13 filed 6/26/2009 the journey begins
                                341 approved 08/13/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X