top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think you will lose your job because of the economy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost my job and my business, my husband lost his job and business, my son lost his job and business, our employees, some of them who had worked with us for over 20 years, lost their jobs, 15 businesses and suppliers lost and have laid off workers. Two smaller banks are in distress from funding these businesses based on accounts receivable that were never paid. At least a hundred people have lost their jobs on this one large construction project that was never in default, was nearly 85% complete and about to pay back the note. All because a lawyer who had been fired by a previous owner who still had money due from the sale of his stock was still planning and manipulating his revenge and conned multiple other lawyers into doing his dirty work.

Comment

i'm in same boat... spouse lost job last year and been dealing with 1 income... company i work with filed BK last year... I really fear for the worst nowadays...

Comment

Already did. Closed down failing business after finalization of BK7.

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
          Share your feelings...
          I began losing my first job before the recession officially began. I started seeing it when I worked for a real estate software company, the real estate industry and agents were taking a huge hit. I lost another job for a software construction company as they were losing business. I lost another job in the legal software industry as clients were dropping like flies.

So I went back to school and just completed my degree. Now I need to get this bk discharged.

Comment

noway.....

Comment

Had to close down a location of my over 50 year old family business last year. My income is severely reduced. Though I don't regret it, it's just another "little thing" that has pushed me into filing bk.

Comment

Hey...Thanks for sharing this thread with us.

Comment

I put down "already did" which is partially true.

my employer gave my entire department their 6 month notice.

Comment

After over 22 years with the same company I was just laid off the first of the year. This has been the hardest blow for me and my family.

Comment

Originally posted by Me2Broke View Post
                      After over 22 years with the same company I was just laid off the first of the year. This has been the hardest blow for me and my family.
                      I am so sorry to read of this. Good wishes for you!
                      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                        I am so sorry to read of this. Good wishes for you!
                        Thank you. We really are having a difficult time adjusting to all of this. It has only been a few weeks now and my job prospects are not good. I think the shock of working for a company for 22 years without as much as a blink of an eye I was let go. I was not alone, there were others as well. Time will tell what happens or where we are going to land.

Comment

Wow Me2Broke - 22 years - that's a long time and I'm sure a shock to your system. I did 25 at one major company and when I left (took a early retirement package they had offered) I too was in shock. But the good news is there is life after a long career with one company. Take this time right now to collect yourself and know that you will get another job, at some point, and this will pass. Very cliche but true.

Comment

Sadly, our world now has over 7 billions people.... all fighting 4 jobs or else... and still luckily, we will live longer and spend more scared resources... while our dollars is dwindling, inflation gets higher, more lay-off...etc

Comment

People are getting unemployed day by day and the population is also increasing day by day so both the factors are effecting economy

Comment

suicides ratio is increasing every day mostly in the middle east and south east countries only and only due to unemployment

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X