It must be getting worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It must be getting worse

Our local nbc news(toledo ohio) started "get a job Monday" a few months ago. they have a jobs bank on live tv and you can call in. Well today they didn't have that, instead they had "ask the expert". It was 3 local BK attorneys. Our Paper(toledo blade) jobs section only had 1 vertical line of jobs. I live in a city of around 300k with over 14% unemployment. Our city is 28million in the red and our soup kitchens are running out of food. And to top it all off, I can't find any 45 cal ammunition(home protection).

I thought If obama got elected I would never have to worry about money again and It was going to be peace on earth?

Originally posted by Brighterdays View Post

I thought If obama got elected I would never have to worry about money again and It was going to be peace on earth?
    that's in the next stimulus plan
    over $100K cc debt,$20K taxes,$332K mortgages/value $190K,surrendered
    Confirmed, $801/month 56 down,4 to go

Comment

[QUOTE= I thought If obama got elected I would never have to worry about money again and It was going to be peace on earth? [/QUOTE]

I am just really really curious what did Obama do pre election that gave you that idea?
      Thank you all so much for all the information I have received on this forum.
      Chapter 7 filed 04/02/2009
      341 Meeting 05/19/2009
      60 day club awaiting discharge

Comment

I think he was being a bit facetious
        over $100K cc debt,$20K taxes,$332K mortgages/value $190K,surrendered
        Confirmed, $801/month 56 down,4 to go

Comment

i was told that the unemplyment is actually higher and the numbers are skewed by those who are drawing unemployment benefits..

once a workers benefits run out, they are considered no longer looking for work and not counted in the stats..
          "it looks like i picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue"! [McKroskey, airplane]

Comment

Your not Peggy Joseph, are you ??

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

you had it twisted. When Bush got elected is when you didn't have to worry about money anymore. Cause you looked at your 401K plan and realized gosh I got no money to worry about!
              May 2008: Filed Chapter 13
              Jan 2010: Plan Amended and Confirmed! finally plan funds = total funds due!
              Jul 2013: 5 years done! Trustee set to discharge! Woo hoooo!

Comment

Originally posted by holding on View Post
                you had it twisted. When Bush got elected is when you didn't have to worry about money anymore. Cause you looked at your 401K plan and realized gosh I got no money to worry about!
                actually the DOW hit its high of roughly 14,000 in Dec 2007 - well in Bush's second term...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott50 View Post
                  actually the DOW hit its high of roughly 14,000 in Dec 2007 - well in Bush's second term...
                  Actually the DOW then plummeted to 11,000 6 months later Jul 2008. Still in Bush's 2nd term. I haven't worried about money since then

Comment

Our local nbc news(toledo ohio) started "get a job Monday" a few months ago. they have a jobs bank on live tv and you can call in. Well today they didn't have that, instead they had "ask the expert". It was 3 local BK attorneys. Our Paper(toledo blade) jobs section only had 1 vertical line of jobs. I live in a city of around 300k with over 14% unemployment. Our city is 28million in the red and our soup kitchens are running out of food. And to top it all off, I can't find any 45 cal ammunition(home protection).

Your the fourth person I head complain about not being able to find ammunition. I don't have a gun anymore. However, that does still concern me. finding ammunition shouldn't be a problem. I guess our Wal-Mart is also out of Ammunition.

Comment

Originally posted by floridian View Post
                      i was told that the unemplyment is actually higher and the numbers are skewed by those who are drawing unemployment benefits..

once a workers benefits run out, they are considered no longer looking for work and not counted in the stats..
                      I agree. It is higher. I was laid off quite a while ago so I didn't even get any extended benefits. I think I should get some. But I am still umemployed and benefits were exhausted a long time ago. My bf is also unemployed but can't get anymore benefits either. So there are a lot of people not counted in the unemployment numbers. Don't forgot about kids just out of college who didn't really lose jobs but can't any right now either but no unemployment benefits either.

It is kinda interesting the way stuff is changing like BrighterDays said- I heard they had an "Unemployed Olympics" in NYC. We now have new words for the urban dictionary like "Reccessionista".

Is there a new word for us Bankrupt people effect by the recession? We need a new word for us - It will be like Martial Status on forms you fill out.

"Financial Status" - Please Choose one:
                      1 - On the Collections Lists
                      2 - Contacting Lawyers
                      3 - Pre-341
                      4 - 341 waiting
                      5 - Post -341
                      6 - Discharged

"I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
                      http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
                      1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

Originally posted by holding on View Post
                        UH, Unless you were shorting the market, you got your facts all wrong.

As I remember after the Clinton tech bubble and 911, we had 6 years of record profits and growth(gdp). record unemployement and job creation. That was until the democrats and Nancy palosi took control of congress. as soon as those idiots took over everthing went to hell in a hand basket. Not to mention Barney franks and chris dodd's corruption of fannie mae and freddie mac. Those two are alomost soley to blame for the housing crisis.

I just love arguing with a liberal, it is just too darn easy They just never use facts

Ammunition (45 cal) went from $11.99 a box of 50 to $22. If you can find any. People aren't as scared of the deomocrats taking their guns as they are of the anarchy that the Dem's policies are going to create. Since they have taken total control of this country, it has been going towards total caos. Just wait when unemployment runs out, its going to be the wild west again.

Unemployment rate: YES our rate in toledo is stated on paper as 14%, but the real rate is around 25%, unless your actively seeking a job you don't count. Plus you have to count the part timers and the people not getting unemployment. Its just a frickin mess here!! I remember When GW was in office the rate was around 4%. Man the good ole days ;)

Now the older retiree's have lost their life savings (401k) and they owe more on their house than its worth, they can't retire either. So the college kids are really screwed. Simple supply and demand states that if there are more workers than jobs, then the salary of those jobs go down proportionally. I think we are in a death spiral, and look who we have running the show Barrack " I never had a job" Obama. But I am sure we can rely on his years of experience(oh wait, he has none). Buy gold and bullets, you will need them.
                        Last edited by Brighterdays; 04-14-2009, 12:32 PM.

Comment

UH, Unless you were shorting the market, you got your facts all wrong.

As I remember after the Clinton tech bubble and 911, we had 6 years of record profits and growth(gdp). record unemployement and job creation. That was until the democrats and Nancy palosi took control of congress. as soon as those idiots took over everthing went to hell in a hand basket. Not to mention Barney franks and chris dodd's corruption of fannie mae and freddie mac. Those two are alomost soley to blame for the housing crisis.

I just love arguing with a liberal, it is just too darn easy They just never use facts

Ammunition (45 cal) went from $11.99 a box of 50 to $22. If you can find any. People aren't as scared of the deomocrats taking their guns as they are of the anarchy that the Dem's policies are going to create. Since they have taken total control of this country, it has been going towards total caos. Just wait when unemployment runs out, its going to be the wild west again.

Unemployment rate: YES our rate in toledo is stated on paper as 14%, but the real rate is around 25%, unless your actively seeking a job you don't count. Plus you have to count the part timers and the people not getting unemployment. Its just a frickin mess here!! I remember When GW was in office the rate was around 4%. Man the good ole days ;)

Now the older retiree's have lost their life savings (401k) and they owe more on their house than its worth, they can't retire either. So the college kids are really screwed. Simple supply and demand states that if there are more workers than jobs, then the salary of those jobs go down proportionally. I think we are in a death spiral, and look who we have running the show Barrack " I never had a job" Obama. But I am sure we can rely on his years of experience(oh wait, he has none). Buy gold and bullets, you will need them.
                          Dude, get real. You took little tongue and cheek and went crazy. typical right wing talking from the wrong end.

Comment

Even lawyers are getting hit:

Breaking News, data & opinions in business, sports, entertainment, travel, lifestyle, plus much more. Newsday.com is the leading news source for Long Island & NYC.

but I'm sure not many people are crying for them . . .

Comment

Originally posted by KenInNY View Post
                              Even lawyers are getting hit:

Breaking News, data & opinions in business, sports, entertainment, travel, lifestyle, plus much more. Newsday.com is the leading news source for Long Island & NYC.

but I'm sure not many people are crying for them . . .
                              LOL, now that just made my day. maybe he should switch to being a bk lawyer!!

================================================== ===========
                              Holdingon, sorry if I offended you(i just get tired of hearing the left wing retoric), Actually I am not a right winger, I try to subscirbe to party of common sense, it lies somewhere between. I think that is the problem, people have polarized themselvesto one extreme or the other. I believe they are mostly crooks. I think we should wipe them out and start over. I mean how does a millionair politician really understand how "we the People" really feel.
                              Last edited by Brighterdays; 04-14-2009, 05:20 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X