Question on unemployment benefits and CH7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on unemployment benefits and CH7

I have already had my 341 and it went well, would it be a bad idea if I file for unemployment benefits. We are a family of 4 surviving of $2600 a month. I dont know if the benefit would jepordise my discharge, what are your thoughts on this? TIA

Interesting.. did u hold off on filing for UEC so your BK would look better (getting below median)? I'd be careful with that.. however, applying for UEC should be ok after the 341 "in general". Also, you didn't provide more specifics on your situation. We had been getting by on about $1k a month on a family of 6.
    Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

if you have a lawyer, ask him/her. but i think you should be fine filing for unemployment compensation, which is mostly considered exempt from bk anyway.
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

I got laid off in July while on bedrest with my pregnancy, had the baby at the end of Sept and just got the ok from my doctor on Wednesday. I couldnt file unemployment while pregnant as I wasnt fit to work. I worry that if I file now the extra income will ruin the discharge.

Comment

You will be fine to go ahead and file

Comment

thanks

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X