This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
    what NOT YOU too scorpion!!! OUCH!!! you sting!!! NO PLEASE...what do you watch fox news with HUB ?? LOL!!

so with that in mind can you tell me where the jobs are?? please???
    the illegals took them all LOL!!!
    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Originally posted by scorpion35 View Post
      the illegals took them all LOL!!!
      they did!!!!! no way???
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Hubby's 26 weeks of UI ends next week. I so hope he is entitled to a 13 week extension, if not we are going to have to go on public assistance
        Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

I did not see an article about it ending. Where can I find it? I was unemployed for a year then got a part time contract position that will probably go until the end of December, which would give me 3 months of employment. Would I still qualify? I will be lost if I can't find a job after the 3 months is up.

Comment

I received an email about a couple of weeks ago saying "we have reviewed your application and we believe you are qualified for the gift wrap position".

I said to myself REALLY!!!! After 15 plus years of upper management jobs I am now qualified to be a gift wrapper. I got laid off a couple of years ago and decided then that I would just take the low paying job and finish my degree. I have about a year left now and then I get my nice pretty little paper that says I can have a job, but won't be able to find one

Sorry to here you benefits ran out. If you can stand being around crying children all day daycares and preschools always need people. Low pay, but it will give you the money you need.
            Chapter 7 filed on 4/23/2010
            341 meeting on 5/28/2010
            Discharged on 8/19/2010

Comment

As for FL, there's the Employ Florida link to click on from the link at bottom of this message. I'm certain most Floridians are familiar with this site. Other states must have similar centers.

I'm attending a Resume Workshop which is very beneficial because the person that is teaching this class networks with employers. This class can assist one on revising or tweaking their resume to current formats. I have to say that it's most helpful in learning how to make your resume be picked up when an OCR (Opitical Character Reader) scans resumes looking for keywords. If you don't have the right words, it's not ever going to be looked at. Also, the way you word your resume, responses to questions in an interview, etc., are tweaked as well. It's been most beneficial to me although I'm not searching for work at this moment.

My point is that if you'll attend one of these workshops, I think there's a stronger chance of landing a job since the instructor is networking with employers. I've seen a few people already receive interviews and one has already been offered a position. These have been in customer service positions though.

There are people of all ages and professions including real estate and a doctor that has an interest in another area. There's attention given to each individual's specific interest. It's even been discussed, to my surprise, how you can apply for a job in a field that is not related to your past experience just by using some of your strengths, not necessarily your previous skill. This might be worth attending. You'll learn a lot and possibly land a job since they'll be personally assisting you to find one. Of course you must follow their format for the resume. They claim many successes with it and have received postive feedback from employers regarding the format and easy/quick reading of it. We all know how many seconds it takes for an employer to choose to read it or trash it. You must *stand out* from all the other applicants and how many are there vying for one position? Hate to think about it!

Comment

I have been searching on and off all day via Google, and so far I can find NOTHING about UC ending. An emergency bill extending the emergency benefits was signed in to law and according to the Florida UC website, the people who ran out of their emergency benefits prior to the law being signed, could start filing retroactively and fill in those gaps. As far as Florida, Gov. Crist signed a law that give emergency benefits well into December....

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Here are a couple articles I found.

usfinancialpost.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, usfinancialpost.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Wow, I leave for a couple hours and this thread goes nutz.

I have yet to figure out how to multiple quote (I'm a computer analyst, software/hardware/40 years mainframes), but what do I know?

First, the red lizard tailed 'seafood' made me barf too.
                    Gators are prevalent here. We use a small stray dog on a rope to get them in, then BLAM. Got to hide the entrails though.

Deer is prevalent as well and are easy to get. A strong light at night works well. The trick is outrunning Game and Fish Commission.
                    Canadian Geese are a bit "gamy". We prefer Coot. You marinate it in Ripple for two days, throw it in a soup of vegetables, that are well cooked. Take out the coot, throw it away and eat the vegetables.

An armadillo is a delicacy here. It takes two to eat one though. One to watch for traffic.

Saw three turkeys in our yard today, didn't have enough time to get the 410 before the gators got them.

We had an abundance of Rattlesnake here. Not tried it but now there are few since the moccasins ran them off.

I have a book called "Edible Mushrooms" Found a dandy. Called the emergency room four hours later. (true story).

But, when you live in the woods and on the river, there is plenty of game. Since we are near the Atlantic, sting rays are all about. Eels too. But we do have birds. Many birds. In fact Bald Eagles are prolific. They taste a bit like the Spotted Owl, and Turkey buzzard, but you can get used to them.

So, we have no real problem when tough times come............................. What? You say tough times are here? Oh, nevermind. 'Hub
                    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Armadillo....laughing....can't....breathe!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                        Well Tobee, one of the problems is you're listening to the wrong news. Try FOX for fair and balance.
                        That was a joke right? I couldn't imagine anyone on this forum believing a word they would say.

Comment

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
                          That was a joke right? I couldn't imagine anyone on this forum believing a word they would say.
                          Could it be you voted 'Bammy? Well each their own. I prefer freedom. 'Hub
                          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by free2breathe View Post
                            Here are a couple articles I found.

usfinancialpost.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, usfinancialpost.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/mone...66/detail.html
                            The news article here is from June. I couldn't find any current articles on benefits ending. They expire in December, but there will probably be a last minute vote as there has been for the last two years.
                            You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                              The news article here is from June. I couldn't find any current articles on benefits ending. They expire in December, but there will probably be a last minute vote as there has been for the last two years.
                              That is consistent with what I found.
                              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                                Yes, the DenverChannel article is from June, but the first one is actually from Sunday, Oct 24th. The first article link pretty much just backs up what they were saying in that second link.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next month at any rate. I know people who have continued to get benefits when they probably shouldn't, and others who seriously just can't find employment and don't know what to do. It's definitely a hot topic.
                                Last edited by free2breathe; 10-28-2010, 07:40 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X