Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, all I can say after looking and looking and reading more about this proposed end of the extensions, all I can say is be sure and study your candidates and vote next month!
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by free2breathe View Post
      Hmmm, all I can say after looking and looking and reading more about this proposed end of the extensions, all I can say is be sure and study your candidates and vote next month!
      Amen
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Fallonedward View Post
        Hubby's 26 weeks of UI ends next week. I so hope he is entitled to a 13 week extension, if not we are going to have to go on public assistance
        fallon...i believe you have nothing to worry about. i think the cut off date is like nov, 28, but do not quote me on that...so in other words IF you UI runs about BEFORE that cetain time period you WILL be entitled to the extension. our check stop the very week after!!!
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by discouraged View Post
          I did not see an article about it ending. Where can I find it? I was unemployed for a year then got a part time contract position that will probably go until the end of December, which would give me 3 months of employment. Would I still qualify? I will be lost if I can't find a job after the 3 months is up.
          discouraged we read nothing??? saw nothing on the news??? just went to fill our regular bi week forms and was told the extensions were stopping and you now only have x amount of money and weeks left...no nothing....it must have been a secret vote in the senate that's what i think ...and we were all going to find out when we go to file.

hub says it was on fox news...but i went to turn off our cnn and put fox on last night and got a snap on my fingers from dh who is the most conservation human this side of the mississippi...and he said NO....that channel it to pro obama...LOL!!!!!!!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
            That was a joke right? I couldn't imagine anyone on this forum believing a word they would say.
            well NO...but i believed HUB and almost got my fingers cut off last evening when attempting to change the channel.....

apparently HUB is awaiting my fingers for finger stew........OMG!!

Comment

Originally posted by Exployer1234 View Post
              I received an email about a couple of weeks ago saying "we have reviewed your application and we believe you are qualified for the gift wrap position".

I said to myself REALLY!!!! After 15 plus years of upper management jobs I am now qualified to be a gift wrapper. I got laid off a couple of years ago and decided then that I would just take the low paying job and finish my degree. I have about a year left now and then I get my nice pretty little paper that says I can have a job, but won't be able to find one

Sorry to here you benefits ran out. If you can stand being around crying children all day daycares and preschools always need people. Low pay, but it will give you the money you need.
              explorer ...thanks so much...not even the day cares are hiring here....although i would rather jump off a bridge if there was in fact, a bridge worthy of the my efforts located in florida...other than the keys ...i can't afford to get there to even jump!!

Comment

Originally posted by platter View Post
                As for FL, there's the Employ Florida link to click on from the link at bottom of this message. I'm certain most Floridians are familiar with this site. Other states must have similar centers.

I'm attending a Resume Workshop which is very beneficial because the person that is teaching this class networks with employers. This class can assist one on revising or tweaking their resume to current formats. I have to say that it's most helpful in learning how to make your resume be picked up when an OCR (Opitical Character Reader) scans resumes looking for keywords. If you don't have the right words, it's not ever going to be looked at. Also, the way you word your resume, responses to questions in an interview, etc., are tweaked as well. It's been most beneficial to me although I'm not searching for work at this moment.

My point is that if you'll attend one of these workshops, I think there's a stronger chance of landing a job since the instructor is networking with employers. I've seen a few people already receive interviews and one has already been offered a position. These have been in customer service positions though.

There are people of all ages and professions including real estate and a doctor that has an interest in another area. There's attention given to each individual's specific interest. It's even been discussed, to my surprise, how you can apply for a job in a field that is not related to your past experience just by using some of your strengths, not necessarily your previous skill. This might be worth attending. You'll learn a lot and possibly land a job since they'll be personally assisting you to find one. Of course you must follow their format for the resume. They claim many successes with it and have received postive feedback from employers regarding the format and easy/quick reading of it. We all know how many seconds it takes for an employer to choose to read it or trash it. You must *stand out* from all the other applicants and how many are there vying for one position? Hate to think about it!

http://www.floridajobs.org/onestop/onestopdir/index.htm
                we live in florida and collect from another state...we went into the unemployment office here and they say they cannot help us?? we thought we could use info from them and see if they had any work jobs...apparently we aren't invited...

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                  I have been searching on and off all day via Google, and so far I can find NOTHING about UC ending. An emergency bill extending the emergency benefits was signed in to law and according to the Florida UC website, the people who ran out of their emergency benefits prior to the law being signed, could start filing retroactively and fill in those gaps. As far as Florida, Gov. Crist signed a law that give emergency benefits well into December....

http://www.floridajobs.org/unemployment/hottopics.html

thanks so much angelia for that info..yes, we collect from another state who is suppose to extend IF the unemployment rate is over 6,5%...which it's close to 10%...so it makes no sense...but we finally called our old state unemployment office late yesterday afternoon and reached them...and they clarified the lack or stopping of the extension was done on the federal level...not state...these funds were coming from federal monies earmarked for the extension.

i wouldn't grip so much...but if the federal government can bale out the banks..agi....the auto industry...well...charity begins at home is what i say. throw us a few crumbs and we'll act like beggars...throw us a slice of bread so we can at least have some dignity while picking it up off the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                    Wow, I leave for a couple hours and this thread goes nutz.

I have yet to figure out how to multiple quote (I'm a computer analyst, software/hardware/40 years mainframes), but what do I know?

First, the red lizard tailed 'seafood' made me barf too.
                    Gators are prevalent here. We use a small stray dog on a rope to get them in, then BLAM. Got to hide the entrails though.

Deer is prevalent as well and are easy to get. A strong light at night works well. The trick is outrunning Game and Fish Commission.
                    Canadian Geese are a bit "gamy". We prefer Coot. You marinate it in Ripple for two days, throw it in a soup of vegetables, that are well cooked. Take out the coot, throw it away and eat the vegetables.

An armadillo is a delicacy here. It takes two to eat one though. One to watch for traffic.

Saw three turkeys in our yard today, didn't have enough time to get the 410 before the gators got them.

We had an abundance of Rattlesnake here. Not tried it but now there are few since the moccasins ran them off.

I have a book called "Edible Mushrooms" Found a dandy. Called the emergency room four hours later. (true story).

But, when you live in the woods and on the river, there is plenty of game. Since we are near the Atlantic, sting rays are all about. Eels too. But we do have birds. Many birds. In fact Bald Eagles are prolific. They taste a bit like the Spotted Owl, and Turkey buzzard, but you can get used to them.

So, we have no real problem when tough times come............................. What? You say tough times are here? Oh, nevermind. 'Hub
                    yes...HUB....and thanks for helping me to lose all my fingers with the fox news advise...

Edible Mushrooms....ahhhhhhh yes, those were the days... i have some on my front lawn as we speak...LOL!! but i don't think they are same cultivators as in the OLD days... i'm sure you learned the difference will fast after you trip to the er....

yes, and you did leave for a couple of hours and the entire place when right down the cyber tubes...LOL!!! we just got out of hand!

Comment

Nice to see that americans are busily engaged in looking down their noses on other peoples plights. Especially in a bankruptcy forum.

Let's try this on for size and see how it fits. Maybe you people here who think that unemployment should be cut off can sign up on any given forum and read the following: "I don't think people should be allowed to file bankruptcy because it would encourage them to take advantage of the situation". How would you feel reading that? If there were no way out you would have no choice but to try and pay off your debts how would you feel?

Feed the kids? Nope.
                      Keep the car? Nope.
                      Keep the house? Nope.
                      Save any money and build for the future? Nope.

All of this because a bunch of myopic mother****ers passed an opinion or a law based on their perception of you.

Now, because I am not impressed with the level of intellect in this thread, I will connect the dots for some of you idiots.

MOST OF YOU HAD OUTSIDE CIRCUMSTANCES THAT FORCED YOU TO FILE BANKRUPTCY.
                      ALL OF THE UNEMPLOYED HAD CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THEIR CONTROL THAT PUSHED THEM INTO COLLECTING UNEMPLOYMENT.
                      THERE ARE NO GODDAMN JOBS!!
                      DO YOU ****ING IDIOTS UNDERSTAND THIS!!

You brainwashed myopians here are doing the exact same thing to a group of people that you don't want done to you.

Passing judgement without knowing the totality of the circumstances.

Say hi to satan for me when you all get to hell.

Asshats.

Comment

houston7, as you yourself wrote on August 31: "If you spend your life looking to be offended you will always find what you are looking for."

Originally posted by houston7 View Post
                        Nice to see that americans are busily engaged in looking down their noses on other peoples plights. Especially in a bankruptcy forum.

Let's try this on for size and see how it fits. Maybe you people here who think that unemployment should be cut off can sign up on any given forum and read the following: "I don't think people should be allowed to file bankruptcy because it would encourage them to take advantage of the situation". How would you feel reading that? If there were no way out you would have no choice but to try and pay off your debts how would you feel?

Feed the kids? Nope.
                        Keep the car? Nope.
                        Keep the house? Nope.

All of this because a bunch of myopic mother****ers passed an opinion or a law based on their perception of you.

Now, because I am not impressed with the level of intellect in this thread, I will connect the dots for some of you idiots.

ALL OF THE UNEMPLOYED HAD CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THEIR CONTROL THAT PUSHED THEM INTO COLLECTING UNEMPLOYMENT.

You brainwashed myopians here are doing the exact same thing to a group of people that you don't want done to you.

Asshats.
                        Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
                        Attended 341 September 2010
                        Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Feed the kids? Nope.
                          Keep the car? Nope.
                          Keep the house? Nope.

Asshats.
                          well....we need a bit of ummmmmmmmmmmm....'s please.

while i'm very much in agreement with everything you state and can truly say tact may NOT be your most attractive quality...however, your point is well taken...and believe me, i'm just as angry as you,and of course, from my perspective your point of view is, in fact, very much appreciated.

however, on this forum..whether we "agree" or "disagree" we do maintain a level of respect for one another and simply understand that we agree to disagree.

that being said...your correct...we both worked our entire lives...BOTH lost our jobs after over 40 years and one of us over 50 years of working everyday of our lives with the exception of delivery of a baby or the Vietnam war....we BOTH did our best and at times BOTH worked 2-3 jobs at a time to make ends me...ONLY to be rewarded with losing our house after 33 years....and finding ourselves virtually homeless. losing my job because i became so seriously ill was not MY choice...my other half as well.....his company got bought out and he was GONE....and they didn't give him a DIME after over 15 years...(he had retired from a state job prior to this job)...so now, with NO ONE wanting to hire us...our unemployment insurance was keeping us going...food on the table, paying the rent. however, being luckier than most one of us was now able to begin collecting ss...

while we all have unique and or sad stories to be told...let's NOT lose sight of respecting each other opinions whether we agree or not.

what's an asshats????

Comment

oh...and although we can make ends meet now, i would still like us to receive the unemployment insurance that i do feel somewhat "entitled" to. after all ...in our state we paid IN.

but there are in fact many that need this money to food on the table and a roof over their heads.

Comment

Asshats.
                              What in the hellllllllllllll? Tact and class my friend go a very long way - perhaps you should practice it before posting. I have not seen one person on this thread bash anyone filing BK or receiving unemployment - only negative comments here are yours.

"Passing judgement without knowing the totality of the circumstances" how's the kettle feel there pot?

With that being said - I feel badly for everyone that isnt able to find a job, its extremely hard out there. Hubby went 8 months last year, going from over 90K a year job with paid health insurance provided for the company (which would bring his yearly salary to roughly 105K) to $0. Walmart, Lowes, pet groomer, dishwasher, in his field, out of his field... any and every job he could apply for, he did -and was turned down for having "too much experience." Really...too much experience? How much experience does it take to do dishes or work at Wally world as a cashier or floor person? Unemployment here is a max of $378 a week no matter what - after taxes, it was roughly $325 - he was about to run out of his 26 weeks when he finally got a job offer 80 miles away for about 35K a year and he took it. So that 35K job turned into a 20K job after paying for insurance, gas each way, life insurance and retirement, and thats not even taking taxes into account.

I feel much sympathy for those that cannot find a job and have to rely on UI benefits. If you're anything like we were, we didnt qualify for any assistance either because between the severance pay and UI benefits, we "made too much" - but just barely.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                                What in the hellllllllllllll? Tact and class my friend go a very long way - perhaps you should practice it before posting. I have not seen one person on this thread bash anyone filing BK or receiving unemployment - only negative comments here are yours.

"Passing judgement without knowing the totality of the circumstances" how's the kettle feel there pot?

With that being said - I feel badly for everyone that isnt able to find a job, its extremely hard out there. Hubby went 8 months last year, going from over 90K a year job with paid health insurance provided for the company (which would bring his yearly salary to roughly 105K) to $0. Walmart, Lowes, pet groomer, dishwasher, in his field, out of his field... any and every job he could apply for, he did -and was turned down for having "too much experience." Really...too much experience? How much experience does it take to do dishes or work at Wally world as a cashier or floor person? Unemployment here is a max of $378 a week no matter what - after taxes, it was roughly $325 - he was about to run out of his 26 weeks when he finally got a job offer 80 miles away for about 35K a year and he took it. So that 35K job turned into a 20K job after paying for insurance, gas each way, life insurance and retirement, and thats not even taking taxes into account.

I feel much sympathy for those that cannot find a job and have to rely on UI benefits. If you're anything like we were, we didnt qualify for any assistance either because between the severance pay and UI benefits, we "made too much" - but just barely.
                                your comments are appreciate always pandora and you have been an excellent example of strength through adversity for certain...but can you PLEASE explain to me what an asshats is??? i'm clueless......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X