Latest News on UI extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest News on UI extensions

I was listening to the news as I do pretty much 24/7 and the latest I am hearing is both republicans and dems are up for the UI extensions, but we will likely run into the same problem that happened during the summer, whereby the republicans want it paid for with the current budget and the dems don't. So they will likely play the same game of chess and chicken with each other and it will stall in the senate.

It took many weeks during the summer when both houses played this game. This was the final push for me to BK as I thought I had lost my final lifeline.

The question now is how long will this game play out or will the dems demand passage of this bill if the republicans want some passage of their bills. I think some type of trade off for each others bills may be the only chance we have to get this passed. I just don't want this to drag out for months. Especially if there is no retro pay.

The new bill I heard about was a 3 month extension, not the 1 year or 5 month extensions I have heard about with other bills.

UI Extensions Fail to Pass in Congress

They did not get enough votes to pass with 2/3 of the house, so here we go again. We can all thank the republicans for sticking it to us again

Comment

UI Extensions Fail to Pass in Congress

Unfortunately they could not get the 2/3 amount of congress to pass the bill, so those of us hoping for that UI extension lifeline are screwed.

We can all thank the republicans for killing this bill. I hope the democrats block any republican bills until they compromise on this unemployment extension.

Don't allow tax extensions for the rich or any other republican bill until they cooperate on this simple bill to help the poor and struggling.

Comment

I am so sorry. I was lurking along and following the other thread.

Hang in there. I really feel for you all.

Comment

Originally posted by drowningNIL View Post
          I am so sorry. I was lurking along and following the other thread.

Hang in there. I really feel for you all.
          Thank you drowningNIL for the kind thoughts, that is nice of you to reply. And to any republicans on this board, please don't take my previous comments as any disrespect for you or your political choices. It is instead some angry ranting by someone that is really really really scared right now.

I am hoping like heck that i get the bk discharged as soon as possible, then I can find a job asap, then I can let go of my house, then I can find a place to rent. Then I can get my life back again.

For those losing their benefits, let us hope that the congress and senate can find a quick compromise with this bill so we can help the unemployed until they find work again.

Comment

my guess is that the R's ok it when the D's agree to extend the tax cuts for the rich...unfortunately the little guy gets screwed in the meantime

Comment

read the article on WSJ online...it's not just the repubs...it's all of them, democrats included...Not one political party cares about the unemployed. I'm a 99er.Unemployment runs out...you may have to make your own job...I still believe 10% of the country's population will be sacrificed. Even Obamacare covers about 30 million uninsured Americans..Well, Hello!!!over 50 million Americans have no health insurance...20 million off the radar...they don't count. That's why I have ceased reading the unemployed blogs and have now switched to Bankruptcy Forum...calls to my elected representatives only went so far......

Comment

While it sucks that those unemployed will not get payments at the same time I understand and somewhat agree with it. This of course hoping that in lieu of this taxes are reduced. I'm a big fan of non government run welfare. If tax cuts don't pass however, then I will be upset.
                3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
                4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
                4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
                6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

Since the dems still hold the majority in congress, this is definitely not about what the republicans did or didn't do. If the democrats really wanted this, they could've gotten it passed just like they did with other pieces of legislation.

I'm not a republican, so I'm not trying to defend them. I hate democrats and republicans equally. And some of the independents are downright batsh*t crazy. IMHO, Washington is filled with people who are more concerned about their own careers than the people they repeatedly promise to represent. It's about greed and corruption, which happens on both sides of the aisle. But... if we're collectively dumb enough to elect them into office then, unfortunately, the blame squarely lies upon a largely apathetic and uninformed voter pool.
                  OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

Comment

Originally posted by helpme2010 View Post
                    We can all thank the republicans for sticking it to us again
                    The Republicans don't take control until the new members are sworn in, which happens in January.
                    This post does not constitute legal advice. If you use my advice in place of a lawyer, God help you.

Comment

I do agree that the democrats could even use some of the extra tarp money they have sitting there in that account and pass this. Even though this has never been done before that way, I am just about getting the bill through and not about the games. I blame most of this on the republicans, but the democrats do play a small role as well. The healthcare did still leave out some people as well and is not a perfect solution to everyone either.

I just don't like the games everyone is playing. It does wonders for my already high blood pressure and stress level. I think both sides love dragging it out until the deadline or like last time, 7 weeks past the deadline (this was the final push that led to my BK filing as I was sure I was dead in the water).

I would love to reduce some of this anxiety and really have a happy Thanksgiving and a merry Christmas like the rest of the world. But this may just be wishful thinking.

Comment

Ugh, what is wrong with the most powerful country in the world that will not take care of their own yet spend billions helping other countries.

I just want to stop worrying about eveyrthing and anything
                        Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

Originally posted by DebtEnder View Post
                          While it sucks that those unemployed will not get payments at the same time I understand and somewhat agree with it. This of course hoping that in lieu of this taxes are reduced. I'm a big fan of non government run welfare. If tax cuts don't pass however, then I will be upset.
                          Why do you want tax cuts? The Bush tax cuts are a PRIMARY reason we are in the mess we are in today. The tax "rates" we had under Clinton seemed to be the sweet spot. Vibrant economy and a budget surplus. ALL of the Bush tax cuts should expire. I am not in favor of leaving my children and grandchildren a bankrupt country.

Comment

Originally posted by Fallonedward View Post
                            Ugh, what is wrong with the most powerful country in the world that will not take care of their own yet spend billions helping other countries.

I just want to stop worrying about eveyrthing and anything
                            Fallonedward, I know what you mean. I go a little crazy when I see us shell out billions to so many countries to help their citizens, yet we are fighting over shelling out some billions to help our own citizens that are living in poverty. Everytime I see homeless I want to rip out my hair thinking we can't help these people (if these homeless were the result of them being veterans I really want to rip out my hair thinking how we let down those that served in wars).

Then I get angry when I see how we are so willing to outsource jobs to China and India and programming work to Russia and I want to go insane thinking those were jobs that used to go to people here. Eventually we outsource more and more work and we can retrain only so many of those people to other jobs, but eventually we run out of new jobs to create for those people, so we create more people that are unemployed or homeless.

The richest country in the world can't even help its own citizens.

Comment

we were out all day...just got home and heard the bill didn't pass.......so many of us are up the creek without a paddle....

check your local offices if you are NOT in your 4th tier and check your state's unemployment rate...i did get word today that it still may continue for those that are NOT 99ers........IF and only IF where they live is about 9% unemployment...we are still awaiting a call back about it. but it appears to be some hope here in florida...
                              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X