top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unemployment extensions - 99ers - Any Updates?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by discouraged View Post
    Your going to take one article for proof that you are correct? What a load of c---. Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, there are other views? Or - that some of the people who 'quit looking/applying' became so scared that they started investing more time in networking, going to Workforce workshops to better improve their techniqes to GET THAT JOB. All any of us who are unemployed want is a job. At least the majority that I know. Sure, I met them all at the Workforce Center so I have no way of knowing (as you apparently do) just how many unemployed people stopped looking.

Did you once think that maybe, just maybe if there were jobs out there for all of us who are unemployed there would be no need for those surveys? They should have put the money they spent on the surveys into job creation - that is what we need, not some bs from 'experts' telling us we've quit looking.

OR - maybe a lot of folks took that job at Burger King that we all so desperately want.

Until you walk in our shoes you will have no idea how hard it is to find a job in this economy.
    the best defense is an offense...LOL!!! you just have to take things sometimes with a grain of salt......(without allowing someone to rub it in our ruins and wounds).

like i said, there are just some that LOVE to hurt and kick people when they are down...and you just need to take them at face value....or faceless value.

i know ...especially, you and a few others brilliant people here without jobs because of this economy will make it through this some way or other.

and, personally, i would hate to be around when karma comes a knockin...LOL!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by tobee43; 03-24-2011, 09:47 AM.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by discouraged View Post
      Your going to take one article for proof that you are correct? What a load of c---. Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, there are other views? Or - that some of the people who 'quit looking/applying' became so scared that they started investing more time in networking, going to Workforce workshops to better improve their techniqes to GET THAT JOB. All any of us who are unemployed want is a job. At least the majority that I know. Sure, I met them all at the Workforce Center so I have no way of knowing (as you apparently do) just how many unemployed people stopped looking.

Did you once think that maybe, just maybe if there were jobs out there for all of us who are unemployed there would be no need for those surveys? They should have put the money they spent on the surveys into job creation - that is what we need, not some bs from 'experts' telling us we've quit looking.

OR - maybe a lot of folks took that job at Burger King that we all so desperately want.

Until you walk in our shoes you will have no idea how hard it is to find a job in this economy.
      Actually, no, I simply offered a source for others to read and decide for themselves. Why do you follow in the footsteps of the angry one and make inappropriate statements such as, "What a load of crap?" My reading of your other posts don't lead me to believe you are angry like our friend from Texas.

Of course I know there are other views. Sharing of other views is healthy and I certainly don't get angry when someone's view is different than mine. Direct personal attacks are a bit different though I don't get angry about them. I recognize that in most instances angry retorts are a way of lashing back at an idea one is unable to defeat and I feel bad for that person because he sees himself as having lost the argument and it pains him.

Surveys, polls, studies and statistical tracking will always exist regardless of economic situation.

There are jobs out there. One need only look at monster or careerbuilder as two examples that jobs exist.

Last summer there was a landscape contractor in Michigan trying to hire and most of the people who applied declines the job yet had applied because that was the requirement to stay on UI. Some even told the contractor it wasn't worth it to make $100 more each week employed than they would make on UI.

I honestly hope you are successful in your job search.
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
        the best defense is an offense...LOL!!! you just have to take things sometimes with a grain of salt......(without allowing someone to rub it in our ruins and wounds).

like i said, there are just some that LOVE to hurt and kick people when they are down...and you just need to take them at face value....or faceless value.
        i know ...especially, you and a few others brilliant people here without jobs because of this economy will make it through this some way or other.

and, personally, i would hate to be around when karma comes a knockin...LOL!!!!!!!!!
        Who do you speak of with this statement? Can you be more specific or is this passive aggression?
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X