A bill for the 99ers is gaining momentum - H.R. 589

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
    LOL! Does it also have polyester curtains and a redwood deck???

PLEASE P....polyester curtains...?? don't even make the suggestion! LOL!!!!!!!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
      I had to look up what a butler's pantry is. No, I don't have a butler's pantry (nor a butler . . . she said she'd leave if I called her that anymore) , but I've got a really really really really rich relative -- he's got a double-wide!! -- and his place has got one.
      Sorry. I was picturing you like that Judge in "A time to Kill" with the butler answering the door, etc.
      Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
        wife has been working part time temp jobs since April 2008 whe she lost her job. each time (twice) she qualifies for a new regular claim, they take her off the extension. She still gets up to 26 weeks on the new regular claim, but it is much less then the extension. She is losing a tem position in a month, and had 1 week left on a regular claim, but will be able to qualify again for the extension as she had at least 20 weeks remaining in a couple of the tiers, and since they extended the long term for the duration of this year. this will hold me over for the summer. the real solution is for her to find permenant employment which is tough here in California. i am fortunate to work for one of the only companies that is booming. we are hiring and a lot, good paying jobs. but not in California. the climate for business sucks here.

This sounds a lot like what is happening with me. Because I have a PT job, the agency, when reviewing my wages for what period it is that they do according to their formula, keeps readjusting me to a regular claim against my PT employer. I keep saying: NO, NO, NO, I SHOULD be on the very extended benefits based on my FT job. Each time, I am told that I have to exhaust my 'Regular' claim, before the Extended claim kicks in. I keep saying that I don't have a 'Regular' claim. They insist I do. I even went to the HR department of my PT employer trying to ensure that they at least understand that I am not claiming against them for being a PT employee.

My PT employer has been very good to me, and I don't want anything to happen where they get p-oed at me over something this stupid.

I have a telephonic hearing Thursday. I have also repeatedly requested a 'face-to-face' hearing, but no such luck....

I am in the county where the unemployment is at the highest in the state...
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
          This sounds a lot like what is happening with me. Because I have a PT job, the agency, when reviewing my wages for what period it is that they do according to their formula, keeps readjusting me to a regular claim against my PT employer. I keep saying: NO, NO, NO, I SHOULD be on the very extended benefits based on my FT job. Each time, I am told that I have to exhaust my 'Regular' claim, before the Extended claim kicks in. I keep saying that I don't have a 'Regular' claim. They insist I do. I even went to the HR department of my PT employer trying to ensure that they at least understand that I am not claiming against them for being a PT employee.

My PT employer has been very good to me, and I don't want anything to happen where they get p-oed at me over something this stupid.

I have a telephonic hearing Thursday. I have also repeatedly requested a 'face-to-face' hearing, but no such luck....

AngelinaCat...why the hearing? this morning we just re-filed our claim and it automatically went to the next tier??

i know our son in law also had to a telephone hearing...and when you can't see the person, nor look them straight in the eyes, it's rather difficult.

i really hope it goes well with it!! i'll give a bit of extra prayer time for you! i'm sure hub is eatiing you out of nails and hammers..
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

When I last called UI, because the form was so different when I was on before that temporary job I took, the person said they are doing random checks now instead of folks submitting on-line the places they'd applied to. Guess it makes sense, especially when there wasn't enough space for all the places folks like me applied to. I'm sure I'm not an only in applying to everything out there.

I just now applied for a receptionist position that is so close to home I wouldn't have to worry about the gas expense. They didn't post the salary, asked for salary requirements and I put negotiable. Really hope they call. Once the bk is done, 341 this Friday, I can go ahead and take a pay next to nothing job just to survive. Just really don't want to go the $8.00 an hour route until I seriously have no other choice. They'd probably turn me down anyway because of my experience.

That is where my problem is lying. I was paid a good salary and had a good title and now, even though I'm more than willing to go a lot lower and am applying for jobs I did years ago, they are questioning my experience I think. One asked me what I did with my days. I told her look for work, because that is what I do.

Does anyone else have a good answer for that one? That was a position I really wanted to call back and she didn't and I can't think of any other reason, outside of my old salary, that she wouldn't. I thought it was a positive telephone interview but have not heard back.

By the way tobee - I am so happy you were able to get approval for the extension. I know it really would have hurt your finances if you hadn't.

It is just soooo frustrating to want to work, have the abilities and are willing to take less pay and they still don't hire a person! And yes, I know age is a factor but you'd think they'd jump at getting a person with proven skills who is willing to work for less.

Comment

Originally posted by discouraged View Post
              When I last called UI, because the form was so different when I was on before that temporary job I took, the person said they are doing random checks now instead of folks submitting on-line the places they'd applied to. Guess it makes sense, especially when there wasn't enough space for all the places folks like me applied to. I'm sure I'm not an only in applying to everything out there.

I just now applied for a receptionist position that is so close to home I wouldn't have to worry about the gas expense. They didn't post the salary, asked for salary requirements and I put negotiable. Really hope they call. Once the bk is done, 341 this Friday, I can go ahead and take a pay next to nothing job just to survive. Just really don't want to go the $8.00 an hour route until I seriously have no other choice. They'd probably turn me down anyway because of my experience.

That is where my problem is lying. I was paid a good salary and had a good title and now, even though I'm more than willing to go a lot lower and am applying for jobs I did years ago, they are questioning my experience I think. One asked me what I did with my days. I told her look for work, because that is what I do.

Does anyone else have a good answer for that one? That was a position I really wanted to call back and she didn't and I can't think of any other reason, outside of my old salary, that she wouldn't. I thought it was a positive telephone interview but have not heard back.

By the way tobee - I am so happy you were able to get approval for the extension. I know it really would have hurt your finances if you hadn't.

It is just soooo frustrating to want to work, have the abilities and are willing to take less pay and they still don't hire a person! And yes, I know age is a factor but you'd think they'd jump at getting a person with proven skills who is willing to work for less.

My guess is some of your problem with the overqualification is their concern about how long you will stay. I do a lot of hiring, and part of what I look for is to build a stable team. I get students (both graduate and undergrad) which provides me quality people that I know will stay at least a few years. I do tend to not want to interview overqualified applicants since I am afraid they will jump ship as soon as the economy turns around.

I would suggest you address this concern if you do apply for entry level positions. I have hired a few people who committed to stay for two years before moving on and they did... despite being way overqualified. My guess is that's why you aren't getting callbacks. Also, tell them during your days in addition to seeking employment you are developing a new skill... maybe playing an instrument, gardening, anything. It shows you have initiative.

Good luck!!
              A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                AngelinaCat...why the hearing? this morning we just re-filed our claim and it automatically went to the next tier??
                I actually have never filed for the 'next' level. Once it happens that my account balance gets low or runs out, and I think I am going to have to file for the extended benefit--lo and behold--the claim automatically rolls over into a 'new' program. And so it has been for three years. Sometimes I am getting $275, then another time I am supposed to get $70. Then it goes back to $275 again. And now it is $59.

Each time I got these radically differing statements, I called and put in an appeal and ask for an IN PERSON hearing. This last time I put it in writing. I STILL can't get my face-to-face hearing. I have a five inch three-ring binder full of my paperwork.

I want to correct any perception that I may be claiming against my PT job, as that certainly is not the case. Now that this telephonic hearing is happening with my PT employer, and we have been the victims of a cyberbully/stalker that contributed to the loss of 'Hub's consulting job with the City, and my FT job with the City and who tried to kill my PT job, I am terrified that this latest bit is going to get my PT employer to consider me a 'problem employee' and all of a sudden I am not 're-hired- for the next term. GRRRRrrrrr :agress:

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                i really hope it goes well with it!! i'll give a bit of extra prayer time for you! i'm sure hub is eatiing you out of nails and hammers..
                I am gratefully accepting your offer of extra prayers, etc. The hearing is at 11:45 AM Thursday morning on March 31. Thank you.

If there is anyone out there that can explain how this Unemployment Compensation System works, and explain it in simple terms so that a person with an advanced college degree can understand it, I will be very thankful.

AC
                Last edited by AngelinaCat; 03-28-2011, 03:14 PM.
                "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Dont believe it's an agency thing. it's governed by the rules/law of the federal extension, at least here in Cal. I read it over and over extensively, and the law as passed by the congress reads that if you are eligible to file a 'New" claim, you must do so, and exhaust all benefits on the new claim, and then the old extension can kick in again. so the benefit year runs 52 weeks. after that you have to refile a new claim, and if you worked any time in that prior 52 weeks, those wages are used to determine how much and how many weeks you get. after you use those up, then UI automatically refiles the extension, if you have any additional weeks coming, and it could be at the higher rate, since the extension was based on your old claim in which you could have been makeing a higher wage. sounds stupid, but thats how it works
                  Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by discombob1 View Post
                    My guess is some of your problem with the overqualification is their concern about how long you will stay. I do a lot of hiring, and part of what I look for is to build a stable team. I get students (both graduate and undergrad) which provides me quality people that I know will stay at least a few years. I do tend to not want to interview overqualified applicants since I am afraid they will jump ship as soon as the economy turns around.

I would suggest you address this concern if you do apply for entry level positions. I have hired a few people who committed to stay for two years before moving on and they did... despite being way overqualified. My guess is that's why you aren't getting callbacks. Also, tell them during your days in addition to seeking employment you are developing a new skill... maybe playing an instrument, gardening, anything. It shows you have initiative.

Good luck!!
                    discouraged: i hear you girlfriend on that lying part. it feels terrible.

what i did was make up four different resumes highlighing "certain" areas. i didn't exactly LIE...but i just ommitted other jobs and or qualifications.

discombob1; you are right on point when you say the potential employer, make think because of ones expereince you will get bored and all the while working for them looking elsewhere to move up. i rean into that situation at least 3 times. one potential employer told me i'd be bored in a day. my response was i'm not here to have a great time, or even make a friend, i learn something from everyday, and the most important thing i know is i need to put food on my table. as you can see i'm NOT A JOB hopper. i just need a job please... of course they went with the cute 19 year old....

Comment

I actually have never filed for the 'next' level. Once it happens that my account balance gets low or runs out, and I think I am going to have to file for the extended benefit--lo and behold--the claim automatically rolls over into a 'new' program. And so it has been for three years. Sometimes I am getting $275, then another time I am supposed to get $70. Then it goes back to $275 again. And now it is $59.

Each time I got these radically differing statements, I called and put in an appeal and ask for an IN PERSON hearing. This last time I put it in writing. I STILL can't get my face-to-face hearing. I have a five inch three-ring binder full of my paperwork.

I want to correct any perception that I may be claiming against my PT job, as that certainly is not the case. Now that this telephonic hearing is happening with my PT employer, and we have been the victims of a cyberbully/stalker that contributed to the loss of 'Hub's consulting job with the City, and my FT job with the City and who tried to kill my PT job, I am terrified that this latest bit is going to get my PT employer to consider me a 'problem employee' and all of a sudden I am not 're-hired- for the next term. GRRRRrrrrr :agress:

I am gratefully accepting your offer of extra prayers, etc. The hearing is at 11:45 AM Thursday morning on March 31. Thank you.

If there is anyone out there that can explain how this Unemployment Compensation System works, and explain it in simple terms so that a person with an advanced college degree can understand it, I will be very thankful.

AC
                      we generally got the same explanation as albacore44 states...except one step further.

because collectively, we were both employed approx. 90 years, and made good amounts of money and in new jersey we contribute the our own funds, as well the fact, the employer pays, or matches our personal contributions, our amounts have not changed .... that distribution disbursement was based on what we paid in over the years.

the difference we found between the federal help and state was length of tiime...example...some are 20 weeks while others like tier 4 is i think 6 weeks. presently, we are on the "federal". tier 5, will be for an additional 20 weeks and it come from the state...or so we have been told.

now, this is just our experience from uninterrupted employment for all those years...our payout amounts didn't change because of what we personally contributed to our accounts. however, we know many from our own state that while even in tier 2 they lost maybe half of what they were getting in tier one. so, i conclude it depends on what you put in. and i believe when it goes to the federal level is when it drops.

what was a good indicator of that was this...we were asked by the UI manager...did either of you both work at other places?? we both answer YES we did....example...one of us worked 27 years, 18 years there and 10 years here....(that was 3 jobs uninterupted)....then for me...it was 13 years one, 2 at another, 20 at another and so forth. apparently, did made a difference according to the manager as we move along our extension and go back and fro from state to federal, our state amount stays the same because of the fact we pd in so much.

i will be right there with you in spirit on thrusday and pushing all the good your way you, above all deserve and earned this!!!
                      Last edited by tobee43; 03-29-2011, 04:20 AM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X