My update on jobs and moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My update on jobs and moving

Hello everyone, I have been away for awhile, but I wanted to post something positive to motivate all of you who are unemployed, bankrupt, foreclosed, etc.

After being a 99er, I finally found a job, but it was with a very unstable company. People were quitting or being fired day after day. I knew this was a unstable situation, so I worked long hours, drove in long traffic jams, but still did phone and live interviews and job searches with my free time (those who say unemployed are lazy are full of you know what).

Well I finally landed a new job with a very stable company and paying more than I have ever made in my life. Hey that degree finally paid off too.

So now I have a couple weeks before I start, so I quit the other company so I can take this time to full time job search and pack. Fannie Mae is pushing me fast and they are about to file an eviction process. I am mostly seeing crappy places, but a few decent places have turned up and I have a couple nice places I am about to visit next.

For those who are unemployed or those who believe and vote to cut off unemployment extensions, remember, there are millions just like me that will eventually pay very high taxes to support our economy, if you just give them time. For those who are unemployed, keep interviewing, consult if you can, take on non-profit projects, keep on looking and interviewing, and eventually you will get your reward.

Oh wow that's AWSOME news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS AND BEST WISHES!!!!!!!!

You didn't have to move from LA right?

Comment

Excellent news. Many congrats!!!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

IamOld, you remember my story. Remember all the people telling me I had to leave California. Well I didn't. In fact, as soon as I landed the bad job, I started getting more people calling me for interviews. So the drive is still really bad in CA traffic, but I will be moving about 20 minutes closer, which helps some. But I am so grateful to have a high paying job and with a stable company, that I will put up with the traffic, just to work. I am now searching for a place to live fast and furious as Fannie Mae is pushing me really hard to leave as they are preparing to evict me.

Comment

helpme, good for you - you still "Love LA!" (forgive me - had to say it!) I'm a bit of a same situation - good job, decent pay, hell of a commute - 2 hrs AM about 1.5hrs pm in stop and go...BUT what the hey!!!!

(Can you tell FM where they can go for a while, or are they telling you that you need to go...)

Comment

HelpMe - Congrats on the new higher paying job!

Did you ever get a cash for keys offer for the house? Probably time to just get out to avoid eviction at this point. Good luck finding a new place. It'll work out because you'll work hard at making it right ;)
            Stopped paying 8/2010, Filed 2/2011, 341 3/2011 done, Report of no distribution . . . Discharged & Closed 5/2011!

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
              helpme, good for you - you still "Love LA!" (forgive me - had to say it!) I'm a bit of a same situation - good job, decent pay, hell of a commute - 2 hrs AM about 1.5hrs pm in stop and go...BUT what the hey!!!!

(Can you tell FM where they can go for a while, or are they telling you that you need to go...)
              You spend 3.5 hr a day commuting? WOW! Are you driving from like Hemet to the San Fernando Valley? (When I lived in SoCal, my commute to work was 1 mile each way, but about 75 miles each way to the Mountain High or Big Bear Lake ski resorts.)

Comment

Congrats on the good job, helpme. Let's hope the decent place to live follows soon.
                There are two secrets for success in life:
                1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Originally posted by jackbondlove View Post
                  you spend 3.5 hr a day commuting? Wow! Are you driving from like hemet to the san fernando valley? (when i lived in socal, my commute to work was 1 mile each way, but about 75 miles each way to the mountain high or big bear lake ski resorts.)
                  worse! :-)

Comment

Congrats on the job helpme. Gives those of us still looking hope.

Comment

helpme2010 - so glad to hear things are working out for you! I am finally getting some interviews (3) but no offers yet (kinda think the BK IS affecting me negatively, even tho in IL employers cannot use credit in their hiring decisions - I think they do. And it is very easy for the BK to be found for free just by googling my name.) But I persevere - what else can I do?

Keep us updated. I hope you get to stay in your home until you find the perfect new place. Congrats on the job, too!!!
                      Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
                      New Job 7-2011

Comment

you spend 3.5 hr a day commuting? Wow! Are you driving from like hemet to the san fernando valley? (when i lived in socal, my commute to work was 1 mile each way, but about 75 miles each way to the mountain high or big bear lake ski resorts.)
                        worse! :-)
                        OK, Indio to Lancaster?

Comment

congrats, so excited to read your story. Everyone keeps telling us the same thing that we need to move out of Michigan so that hubby can find a job but with a sick Mother and no monies really hard to move, its really not an option. Hubby has applied for many out of state jobs but has not even gotten an interview.

Originally posted by helpme2010 View Post
                          IamOld, you remember my story. Remember all the people telling me I had to leave California. Well I didn't. In fact, as soon as I landed the bad job, I started getting more people calling me for interviews. So the drive is still really bad in CA traffic, but I will be moving about 20 minutes closer, which helps some. But I am so grateful to have a high paying job and with a stable company, that I will put up with the traffic, just to work. I am now searching for a place to live fast and furious as Fannie Mae is pushing me really hard to leave as they are preparing to evict me.
                          Last edited by Fallonedward; 11-27-2011, 09:44 AM.
                          Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

Fallen, not that any area of the country is doing all that great, but Michigan isn't good....may we be nosy and ask what field your husband is in? Maybe we can suggest a few things???

Originally posted by Fallonedward View Post
                            congrats, so excited to read your story. Everyone keeps telling us the same thing that we need to move out of Michigan so that hubby can find a job but with a sick Mother and no monies really aged to move, its really not an option. Hubby has applied for many out of state jobs but has not even gotten an interview.

Comment

Hubby and I both are in Finance / Accounting.... Thanks your sweet

Fallen, not that any area of the country is doing all that great, but Michigan isn't good....may we be nosy and ask what field your husband is in? Maybe we can suggest a few things???
                              Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X