top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

moving out of state while on unemployment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moving out of state while on unemployment?

i live in CA. my company has been acquired, and i will likely not have a job in the next month or so.

i will also be getting a severance package. it will be a lump sum.
    when can i apply for unemployment if i get a severance package?
    once i am on unemployment, can i move out of state to a more affordable location and still receive unemployment?

has anybody moved from CA while on UI? what was the result? how was the process?
    stopped paying 5/16/2010
    filed 8/2/2010
    341 8/31/2010
    Report of no Distribution 9/1/2010 expected discharge 10/31/2010

You can apply anytme but it will not kick in until after the severance is, according to their standards, theoretically gone.

Example: I received a 4 month severance. I applied as soon as I was let go but UI did not kick in until the fifth month.

Comment

I realize this question was posted a few months back but I filed unemployment in NC and later moved to PA and at the NCESC they just categorized me different after I advised them of the move and gave them my new address, I just kept filing online. A few things I couldn't do in person was the job search meetings, so it meant alot of phone calls and faxes but it worked. I then moved back to NC while still on unemployment and just went down to the local office to show them proof of my new residence. Hope things have worked out for you sepiid.

Comment

They have worked out well!
        new company kept me on and have a new place in TX now! great times and lots of savings opportunities as well.
        stopped paying 5/16/2010
        filed 8/2/2010
        341 8/31/2010
        Report of no Distribution 9/1/2010 expected discharge 10/31/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X