Tier Question. Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tier Question. Please Help

Hello everyone. I have a question for anyone that has been on unemployment and in the middle of a Tier of Extended Benefits.

My husband is currently in the middle of collecting Tier 2. Tier 2 lasts 13 weeks and he is at about 4 with 9 remaining. His benefit year date ends on November 26th.

Does this mean he has to reopen his claim at that date or does that not matter since he is in EB?

Please let me know.

Thanks.
    Filed Chapter 13: 8/2006, Confirmed: 10/2006
    Total # of payments: 60 / ZERO REMAINING!!
    Case CLOSED: 01/27/2012

I'm not really understanding your question but I will try to help. If he exhausts benefits under tier 2 before the end of the year then he will automatically be pushed into tier 3. He should not have to do anything. I am in Florida. I don't know if things are different in your state. If I didn't understand your question then I apologize.
    Stopped paying creditors - August 2010....Filed chapter 7 - July 29, 2011....341 - September 2, 2011....DISCHARGED AND CLOSED - November 2, 2011

Comment

I didn't know if he had to open another claim since his benefit year expired on November 26th. I am assuming from your reply that since he is in Emergency Unemployment Tiers that is funded by the govt he doesn't need to do this. He will exhaust his Tier 2 on December 31st so he just makes the cut-off to qualify for Tier 3.

Thanks
      Filed Chapter 13: 8/2006, Confirmed: 10/2006
      Total # of payments: 60 / ZERO REMAINING!!
      Case CLOSED: 01/27/2012

Comment

Check with your UI office. In MN, when you finish the tier you are on you automatically go to EB. I really was shocked when, because I took a 4 month temp job earlier in the year, when I went to EB my benefits were cut in 1/2 and then I only received it for 7 weeks instead of 13. REALLY, really hurt. Also had to do a waiting week and received nothing the first week of the EB.

But, that's MN. The jerks didn't even tell me it would be cut in 1/2, even though I asked them before I took the temp job if that would change my circumstances. They said no at that time - apparently someone didn't know what they were talking about.

Comment

My benefit year ended on November 1st. I began tier 2 in mid October. I'm still in tier 2 until just before the end of the year so I just barely made the cut off as well to go into tier 3. So far, I haven't had to do anything. If you have to reapply, they will send you a letter but when I was about to exhaust my regular benefits I called and the lady there told me I don't have to do anything...I will automatically be rolled into the next tier. But again, this is in Florida.
          Stopped paying creditors - August 2010....Filed chapter 7 - July 29, 2011....341 - September 2, 2011....DISCHARGED AND CLOSED - November 2, 2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X