Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inthestorm View Post
    BUYING a farm???
    True, you never said anything about buying a farm. But, almost a year ago you said in this thread about finding a rental:

We're looking for a small farm, not an apartment.
    and

No, we don't want an apt. Need some storage space for tools, etc. and want to keep the animals, so we're looking for a small "farm" or house with some fenced land. Nothing fancy.
    Hopefully, your mindset has changed since then. Whether you file BK now or not, you need to focus on your families needs, not your wants. You need a roof over your head, clothing, food and healthcare. You don't need more tools than you can fit in an apartment or any animals that you can't afford to house.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by Inthestorm View Post
      How on earth would one find an attorney to take a case bro bono???? I wouldn't have a clue where to look?
      one would contact "legal aid" in their county. there are many great atty's that do bk work pro bono. really.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Maybe I'm missing the point, but if you have no income coming in, you can't afford to file bankruptcy right now. That money would be better spent on living expenses and whatever it costs to look for a new job.

Once you get some income, then file. And maybe file pro se (use the Nolo bankruptcy book and do it yourself, and save thousands of dollars right there).
        The world's simplest C & D Letter:
        "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
        Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X