timing of bk and job search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

timing of bk and job search

I've delayed filing chapter 7 bankruptcy for a few years. I'm currently working part-time as an independent contractor, making barely enough just to survive. I want to file bk and also look for a full-time job. I'm just not sure about the timing. Should I delay the job search a bit and wait til I've filed or some other point in the bk process? Or is getting a full-time job a much higher priority? I can survive w/o a full-time job, but I am very tired of putting my life on hold.

I looked back at some of your other posts and you have been dithering with this question since 2008. You need to make up your mind. If you haven't come across a full-time job by now, it is unlikely that one is 'right around the corner'. If you have been lugging a ton of debt around your neck for the last several years, it is time to get rid of it so that you can get your NEW START.

Not to be crass, but my MIL would say: "Either s*** or get off the pot!"

Good wishes to you!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I would have to agree with the poster above. My attorney advised me to hold off as I've been unemployed for three years (save for some temp jobs here and there.) Well.... now that I held off (It hasn't even been a year), I've been sued three times and have garnishments against me. Sure, they can't get anything now as there is no income and what little cash I have is hidden, but any future employer has no obligation to keep me with more than two IIRC in my state.

Comment

I agree with the posters above - no one has a crystal ball to help make decisions in their personal life and only you yourself know your own personal situation at the moment and what your odds are for a full time position in the future. Decisions are hard and everyone's situation is different. I would say look at your situation as it stands right now and take it from there and stop procrastinating.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I totally agree with earlier posters, only you can decide about your life, but what I want to say that first you should clear your debt as it may bothers you & also prohibits you to work properly. If you think that you can work good while clearing debts then its okay.See decision is tough & solely on you so do what you think is better

Comment

I need a good quality jobs.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X