UI Extensions Fail to Pass in Congress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UI Extensions Fail to Pass in Congress

They did not get enough votes to pass with 2/3 of the house, so here we go again. We can all thank the republicans for sticking it to us again

I agree with the statement that the bush tax cuts are one of the reasons why we are in the mess today and that Clinton had the right tax balance. I also agree that Reagan cutting the tax rates from the extreme down to a more reasonable rate for the rich also helped.

Extending unemployment for the poor, especially during a recession is not welfare. Remember that those that receive unemployment had to pay this amount out of their paychecks every week (and in California the employers pay the other half). I worked for over 20 years paying a large amount of money into this system, so I am only asking that I be paid back some of that while I am out of work.

The majority of those that are unemployed are not doing so to be lazy (remember, we only collect about a 1/4 of the amount that we would get when we are employed), so we are living in poverty while collecting UI. When I apply for a job, several hundred are applying for the same job. There are only so many jobs available and far higher amounts of people applying, so there simply aren't enough jobs to fill.

As long as people are trying to find work, they deserve at least the bare minimum to help them put food on their table and not become homeless. I could not grasp this concept all those years while I was working, but now fully understand what this is like.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X