Hey California, here's your answer to fiscal responsibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
    Actually, CA needs to address some of the structural reasons for the annual budget problems. Prop 13 has been great for corps, not so for the average person. Since corporate owned buildings never change "owners" they should allow adjustments to potentially go up 4% per year instead of 2% for people. They should also legalize marijuana and tax it. Then for the big bonus turn Alcatraz Island into sin city and really generate some state revenue.
    MSM, I agree with everything you have stated here. Regarding the war on drugs, this has failed miserably and especially with marajuana, has caused our country a huge loss of revenue, fueled and expanded gangs, killed so many people, and jailed so many more.

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
      We dont need a tax increase in california, we need fiscal responsibility. the Repubs in the Legislature sold us out last year when they promised to hold the line on a tax increase.

We have a Gigantic Ilegal alien problem here consuming services at an alarming rate. Millions of Ilegals are in state prisons causing a big financial burden by increasing the need for prison guards who are one of the largest and powerful unions in the state.

The Democrats running most of our state ignor the problem, as they see ilegal Hispanics as future liberal voters and key to their survival. The Repubs ignor the problem so they wont be labled Racist, and they like cheap labor for house servants.

So in the meantime the rest of us suffer. Teachers are disgusted and changing careers because they are fed up trying to teach kids who cant speak proper english, have no intererst in education and no encouragement from the family to do so. it's embedded in the culture.
      I know this, as I have family and friends in education, and that is what they tell me.

There are many, many other issues, but increasing our taxes will just open the door for them to do it again, instead of becoming fiscally responsible.

Personally, we have way more than our share of freeloaders in this state drawn here just because we wont make the hard decisions and just say "NO"
      Seriously, millions? Nationwide there are @ 1.4 million total in prison. CA has @ 170,000. http://articles.latimes.com/2010/mar...ns17-2010mar17
      There have been many studies/debates as to the actual costs vs benefit analysis of the illegal immigrants in this country. Many will argue there is a net benefit. Many pay into social security and never collect. They provide a lot of services at low rates that allow many to have a higher standard of living. The Republicans like to talk tough on immigration because it stirs up a certain "base" that wants to falsely put all of the blame for their tough times on the immigrants. The truth is they like having all of the immigrants, it helps keep wages low for their real "base". My daughter is a teacher. I have heard Nothing about teachers changing careers because of your, to be kind "biased" comments.
      I suspect more people are drawn to this state because of its progressive views, not to become a freeloader.
      For those who disagree or people more with your view, there are always states like Arizona or Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
        Seriously, millions? Nationwide there are @ 1.4 million total in prison. CA has @ 170,000. http://articles.latimes.com/2010/mar...ns17-2010mar17
        There have been many studies/debates as to the actual costs vs benefit analysis of the illegal immigrants in this country. Many will argue there is a net benefit. Many pay into social security and never collect. They provide a lot of services at low rates that allow many to have a higher standard of living. The Republicans like to talk tough on immigration because it stirs up a certain "base" that wants to falsely put all of the blame for their tough times on the immigrants. The truth is they like having all of the immigrants, it helps keep wages low for their real "base". My daughter is a teacher. I have heard Nothing about teachers changing careers because of your, to be kind "biased" comments.
        I suspect more people are drawn to this state because of its progressive views, not to become a freeloader.
        For those who disagree or people more with your view, there are always states like Arizona or Texas.
        ohh were progressive allright. Pelosi and Boxer are two wonderful examples of that.
        Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Small business owners / employed taxpayers are leaving the state in droves and are being replaced with welfare freeloaders and illegal mexicans and their extensive familys.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckconners View Post
            Small business owners / employed taxpayers are leaving the state in droves and are being replaced with welfare freeloaders and illegal mexicans and their extensive familys.

Really? Can you provide any evidence that small business owners and employed taxpayers are leaving in droves?
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X