Something completely non-bk related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something completely non-bk related

Right now, I am one of the happiest people on this planet. I never share anything “personal” but this time I must because bkforum over the past 5 years has become part of my family.

In a few of my posts I have made references to having horses. Horses have always been my constant life equalizer. They are not just pets, they are my partners and have been so more than 20 years. Two weeks ago I had my vet out to check on one of them (the younger one) due to a sinus problem. The report was not good. Most likely a tumor. A few days ago I hauled her to a clinic for further diagnosis. A hole was drilled into her head and fluid was removed and sent out for pathology. The outcome could have been one of three things: 1) a tumor that may or may not be malignant (very, very bad); 2) a cyst (very bad); or 3) an infection (bad). Needless to say I have been a complete basket case for the past two weeks as I am also dealing with an ailing (human) family member.

Today I received a call from the vet. To my delight, pathology confirmed that my horse has an infection, the least life threatening outcome of the 3 possibilities. While she is not out of the woods yet since we do not know what kind of infection she has and, therefore, how to treat it, I am, for the first time, optimistic that she will pull through, even if it requires a bit of surgery to clear up what ails her.

You cannot imagine how “relieved” I am that my large furry partner does not (at least right now) have a death sentence. She may have a long road to recovery but, I am now confident that “recovery” is in the cards - something that just yesterday seemed beyond the realm of possibility.

Thanks for reading and caring (as I know you all do).

Des.

I am glad the news was good, but sorry to hear of what you are going through. Best wishes, love and healing thoughts to you and both of your ailing family members!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Des,
      What a wonderful outcome to such a scary situation. I understand totally. My dogs are my family members too, and when they have something wrong it is very upsetting and causes stress and upset. When you get results like you do life is wonderful. I'm very happy for you and extremely happy for your horse. You deserve to be the happiest person on the planet. How lucky the horses have you and vice versa. Thanks so much for sharing, you've provided an example of life being so much more important then worrying about money problems - it's about living and caring and being with all of those we love in a healthy, happy situation. I needed a pick me up like this tonight..thank you!
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Awww very cool Des. So happy it wasn't devastating news! My dd has two horses and a mini donkey! She has had horses all her life and they are her life along with a dog, and two cats too. Prayers and good thoughts coming from Fla to you for a full recovery!

Comment

Good to hear the good news. Even though there is more to overcome at least you can get your head around it and understand more what is going on with your loved one.
          11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Thank you all for your well wishes. Gotta just love bkforum!

Des.

Comment

So glad to hear this news Des! Will keep your "baby" as well as family member in my prayers.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X