Use Debit Card for Telephone or Online Purchases in Place of Credit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use Debit Card for Telephone or Online Purchases in Place of Credit Card

Hi, I haven't posted in a long time, but I think this may be helpful. I finished my Chapter 13 Oct. 2014 and I still don't care to use credit cards. I prefer to use my debit cards. These last few months I've been working at a call center for an apparel company. My calls are recorded and listened to by supervisors and management. Today I was told not to accept debit cards for certain purchases only "major credit cards" should be used. Even though the "system will take it."

I had been accepting any bank card that the customer requested: debit or credit. Most of the time the debit cards would work just like credit cards. So, I'd like to just pass this along. That if anyone wants to make a telephone purchase or online purchase using a debit card, go ahead and try, but do not mention if it's a debit card.

I think the reason they want to stop using debit cards is because of fraud and the hassle to collect money. Credit card companies will pay whatever money no questions asked. Credit cards have a whole series of protections built in to limit the liability of the victim that was defrauded. I don't think debit cards have as many safeguards so merchants don't like them as much.

Comment

hadeeh, That's probably the reason, why companies dislike people using them. However, as a consumer I've gone ahead and used my debit cards as credit cards most of the time, to avoid the hassle when making purchases. Sometimes businesses have no way of knowing whether a card is debit or credit.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X