Income level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Income level

I am gathering paperwork for my lawyer and wondering. When producing pay stubs what income counts gross or net? As I previously working overtime and stopped a few months ago since no longer available. Will that slight income boost be held against me?

What chapter of bankruptcy are you planning to file (7, 11, 13)? There is a process known as the Means Test that evaluates your income in the 7 months prior to filing. I say seven months because the test looks at the 6 months that ended before the month in which you file. Your gross pay is exactly your gross pay including overtime, bonuses and commissions.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

The plan was for a chapter 7. I won't submit submit paperwork until this week, for lawyer eval. I assume that after means test is completed she will know definitely know what chapter we will go. Based on information we have given it was supposed to be ch 7. However working hard to keep up may have just rolled us into chapter 13.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X