Percent To Unsecured Creditors Changed wth 2 Payments Left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Percent To Unsecured Creditors Changed wth 2 Payments Left

Hi all, I have discussed with my attorney and he said not to worry. I would like a little feed back from others anyway. So we are now 1 payment away from our 60th payment. The original percent to the unsecured was 1% and at payment 58 I noticed that the trustee changed the percentage to 100% which is far more than we will pay with the remaining payments. The attorney said that NDC only reports what is on the trustee's website and that she always shows 100%. Fast forward to today and I get my annual statement and in the past the bottom disclosure always stated 1% to unsecured. Now it states 100% and shows that we only owe 1 payment.
    the attorney stated that the remaining would be discharged but it still makes me nervous.

Anyone else have such a huge jump at the end of their bankruptcy?

As others will tell you, NDC is notoriously inaccurate about many things. I think the only things which ended up being true on my NDC readout was the posting date of each of my payments. Speaking of which, my attorney advised me to make my final payment as early in the final month as possible so as to get a jump on the Discharge process which begins the moment the final payment is posted. By doing so, my Discharge was granted roughly three to four weeks earlier than it would have been had I paid by the due date for the final payment.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

The trustee just posted payment 59 yesterday(de on the 19th). I told my wife I was going to make the final payment this week. So we could get on with it.

When I do this we will actually be $5 over the base plan. I will email the attorney again as I am a bit of a nervous Nelly when it comes to legal things, and like things to be on point. All conservation with my attorney have been via email since the confirmation and filed away in a special folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Zmhh4 View Post
        The trustee just posted payment 59 yesterday(de on the 19th). I told my wife I was going to make the final payment this week. So we could get on with it.

When I do this we will actually be $5 over the base plan. I will email the attorney again as I am a bit of a nervous Nelly when it comes to legal things, and like things to be on point. All conservation with my attorney have been via email since the confirmation and filed away in a special folder.
        I think between my 341 meeting in 2015 and my Discharge in 2020, I only saw my attorney once to sign some paperwork (probably something to do with a large tax return I got in my fourth year); all of the rest of our correspondence was via E-Mail.
        Latent car nut.

Comment

I don't know if this is quite the same as you are talking about, but over the weekend I received a semi-annual statement from my trustee that scared me half to death.

It showed the "amount scheduled to pay" as the full claim amount even though mine is 21% (finally found a document that says the %) and it said the "remaining principal due" was the claim amount minus what they've paid toward it. All that makes it appear that they are thinking it's 100% pay. I was sick about it all weekend. Downloaded all my documents from Pacer and scoured them to make sure there were no discrepancies. There was someone on here last month that got all the way down to the end and the Trustee noticed that plan base didn't match what was planned to pay to creditors, so I am now extremely paranoid and terrified about that.

Trustee's office was closed yesterday (oh the agony of the wait) so I left a message (their letter said to call them with any questions about that schedule). Called my attorney and he said it's probably just how they show it, but if they tell me different to call him back. They called back today and confirmed that it always says that - based on the full amount, and that everything is ok. Thank. Goodness. I can stomach food again!

Comment

Originally posted by Zmhh4 View Post
            When I do this we will actually be $5 over the base plan.
            Does it hurt anything to be over the base plan with your final payment? I have made every payment exactly as ordered, but I had thought about making my last payment "too much" as a cushion for the unforeseen. I split my payment on the 1st and 15th, and thought of "oopsing" the last payment to be the full payment instead of half. I heard a horror story of the Trustee moving to dismiss in my district over someone coming up $10 short somehow, instead of just contacting the attorney or debtor to quickly work that out. I don't want any trouble at the end! (Again, I am so paranoid and scared after seeing all these stories.)

Edit to add link of person who got to the end and they found errors: https://www.bkforum.com/forum/before...of-feasibility

Comment

Originally posted by mabIL View Post

Does it hurt anything to be over the base plan with your final payment? I have made every payment exactly as ordered, but I had thought about making my last payment "too much" as a cushion for the unforeseen. I split my payment on the 1st and 15th, and thought of "oopsing" the last payment to be the full payment instead of half. I heard a horror story of the Trustee moving to dismiss in my district over someone coming up $10 short somehow, instead of just contacting the attorney or debtor to quickly work that out. I don't want any trouble at the end! (Again, I am so paranoid and scared after seeing all these stories.)

Edit to add link of person who got to the end and they found errors: https://www.bkforum.com/forum/before...of-feasibility
              I emailed my attorney and I am only paying what is left on the base plan. So we should be good there.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X