X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helpmeout
    replied
    Originally posted by bcohen View Post

And I am not kidding. Please remember to vote AGAINST Obama and help save our country from even worse economic collapse, and possible civil war!
    I am voting for Obama. Voting for Romney would mean voting for an economic collapse. The one that started with Bush.

Possible civil war? With the extremists who like to call themselves tea partiers and their willingness to shut down the government so their rich buddies can get a tax break? Possibly. But that's not on Obama, that's on the republicans, the party that those extremists have run under.

Leave a comment:

• msm859
    replied
    Originally posted by bcohen View Post
    .....I dislike Obama even more, and that I would vote for the Devil himself over Obama.Why exactly do you dislike Obama?

And I am not kidding. Please remember to vote AGAINST Obama and help save our country from even worse economic collapse, and possible civil war!
    What "exactly" has Obama done to cause this economic collapse you are talking about. You are asking people to not vote for him based on your personal "feelings" what facts do you have to support your position?

Leave a comment:

• bcohen
    replied
    I also don't normally vote for Republicans, and I don't like Romney, but I will be voting for him this time, as will all my family. In fact, I got a telephone call today from someone doing a political poll (they didn't say who they were calling on behalf of) and they asked me who I would be supporting for Congress--Barber or the other person (don't remember their name) and if the election were held today would I vote for Romney or Obama. To the first question, I responded that I don't like Barber, and I did not research the other person, so I have no idea. To the second question, I said that although I dislike Romney, I dislike Obama even more, and that I would vote for the Devil himself over Obama.

Leave a comment:

• msm859
    replied
    Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
    The biggest problem I have with Obama is that his EPA is trying to shut down two coal-fired generating plants in Arizona -- Four Corners and Springerville. If they shut down, Phoenix will have rolling black-outs during the summer months, and I don't need to tell you how uncomfortable that would make us here in the desert.

I don't normally vote for Republicans, and I don't like Romney, but this makes it nearly impossible for me to vote for Obama this time around.

Not that it really matters in Arizona-- one of the reddest of all the states. I doubt my vote will make much of a difference anyways.
    Well the truth is coal is bad. The good news is that with the price of natural gas now they should be able to convert the plants and actually save money. Climate changes is real and man's contribution is overwhelmingly supported. We need to get rid of all coal plants now and as an interim convert to natural gas which only produces @ 1/3rd of the CO2, until we can get to more renewable carbon free alternatives.
    Bush/Cheney use to have the 1% doctrine - if there is a 1% chance of a terrorists action we would take them out first. We should be applying that philosophy to man made global warming. It would be so helpful to this country on many levels.

Leave a comment:

• GoingDown
    replied
    The biggest problem I have with Obama is that his EPA is trying to shut down two coal-fired generating plants in Arizona -- Four Corners and Springerville. If they shut down, Phoenix will have rolling black-outs during the summer months, and I don't need to tell you how uncomfortable that would make us here in the desert.

I don't normally vote for Republicans, and I don't like Romney, but this makes it nearly impossible for me to vote for Obama this time around.

Not that it really matters in Arizona-- one of the reddest of all the states. I doubt my vote will make much of a difference anyways.

Leave a comment:

• AngelinaCatHub
    replied
    Originally posted by ohboy View Post
    ditto to : "by his own word does he finally tell the truth."

not much more to add, other than a lot of folks love the bumper stickers on our vehicles (even taking pictures of them): "bend over here comes the change".
    lol.

Leave a comment:

• OHBOY
    replied
    Ditto to : "By his own word does he finally tell the Truth."

Not much more to add, other than a LOT of folks LOVE the bumper stickers on our vehicles (even taking pictures of them): "Bend over here comes the Change".

(not really surprised to see that it seems to be Florida vs. California....I have an 'airhead' son that lives there...)

Leave a comment:

• AngelinaCatHub
    replied
    I am not displeased with this reaction to my opinion. It does not change my opinion of whom I shall vote for but I am pleased with you folks who do have a strong opinion of who you wish to vote for. You too are patriotic and have studied your candidate and unlike myself, you will be voting FOR someone. I must vote my conscience and again, vote against the worse of the bad. In all of my voting life, I only voted one time FOR a candidate. I applaud you for your strong views. 'Hub

Leave a comment:

• LadyInTheRed
    replied
    Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
    The following are not my words but HIS words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tCAffMSWSzY#t=28
    You expect people to judge Obama by a series of quotes taken out of context? At least it's consistent with your expectation that people should take a reference to a psalm out of context.

I suppose you also think that our Muslim president is a follower of Jeremiah Wright. By the way, the clips of his sermons were also taken out of context.

You bet I'll vote. In fact, posts like yours and videos like this one help inspire me to make a lot more phone calls to make sure others do too. Thank you!

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
    The carefully edited video is designed for those who have restricted access to information or limited ability to engage in critical analysis. The video does show though that we have a president who is cognizant of diplomacy and has greatly increased world respect for this country - just leave the "fox bubble" and see the real world. Remember the world gave him the Nobel Peace Prize. Obama graduated from Harvard Law School and had an open ticket to make a lot of money - instead he became a "community organizer" devoted to help people who were less fortunate then him. Romney went to Harvard Law School and has devoted his life to making as much money as possible - regardless of how many lives he destroys. He has taken tax avoidance to an art form. He unapologetically pays 13% tax rate on $20 million in income - probably less in other years he won't show us - or taking advantage of the tax amnesty program in 2009 for his Swiss Bank accounts. He hides his money in the Cayman Islands and who knows were else. He has changed his position on virtually every issue for political expediency.

Yes, I agree you should judge a person on his actions not words. And by their actions the choice is real simple. If you make under $250k, are a woman, or proclaim to be a Christian you should vote for Obama.
    Well said!

Leave a comment:

• jacko
    replied
    So you believe everything you view on youtube? The 2016 flick is pure fantasy fiction. Seriously, what is it with the Eastwood and Chuck Norris types? Seems that their world turned upside down when a person of color became POTUS.

I am told by the second highest authority of this wonderful site, that I can post my political views on this particular forum and this particular thread 'sticky'. I'll take him at his word: It is not words but actions that you should judge a person. There are too many words and too many actions that do not jibe. After seeing the movie 2016, I was anti-climatic as I heard, researched and knew all that was revealed. When you vote, you really need to know WHAT, and WHO you are voting for. But, whomever that is, please exercise your privilege to vote, as it may be short lived. The following are not my words but HIS words:

He knows so much about the Islamic Countries, yet does not know the amount of states within our Country. Heinz 57?
    'Hub

Leave a comment:

• msm859
    replied
    ....... It is not words but actions that you should judge a person. ......
    'Hub
    Anyone seriously think Obama is a "Muslim" based on his "actions"? Would that be his support for gay marriages, pro choice, support for women, going into Pakistan to get Bin Laden, drinking beer, or in fact proclaiming to be a Christian? The carefully edited video is designed for those who have restricted access to information or limited ability to engage in critical analysis. The video does show though that we have a president who is cognizant of diplomacy and has greatly increased world respect for this country - just leave the "fox bubble" and see the real world. Remember the world gave him the Nobel Peace Prize. Obama graduated from Harvard Law School and had an open ticket to make a lot of money - instead he became a "community organizer" devoted to help people who were less fortunate then him. Romney went to Harvard Law School and has devoted his life to making as much money as possible - regardless of how many lives he destroys. He has taken tax avoidance to an art form. He unapologetically pays 13% tax rate on $20 million in income - probably less in other years he won't show us - or taking advantage of the tax amnesty program in 2009 for his Swiss Bank accounts. He hides his money in the Cayman Islands and who knows were else. He has changed his position on virtually every issue for political expediency.

Yes, I agree you should judge a person on his actions not words. And by their actions the choice is real simple. If you make under $250k, are a woman, or proclaim to be a Christian you should vote for Obama.

Leave a comment:

• AngelinaCatHub
    replied
    By his own word does he finally tell the Truth.

I am told by the second highest authority of this wonderful site, that I can post my political views on this particular forum and this particular thread 'sticky'. I'll take him at his word: It is not words but actions that you should judge a person. There are too many words and too many actions that do not jibe. After seeing the movie 2016, I was anti-climatic as I heard, researched and knew all that was revealed. When you vote, you really need to know WHAT, and WHO you are voting for. But, whomever that is, please exercise your privilege to vote, as it may be short lived. The following are not my words but HIS words:

He knows so much about the Islamic Countries, yet does not know the amount of states within our Country. Heinz 57?
    'Hub
    Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 09-09-2012, 07:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• banca rotta
    replied
    Originally posted by jacko View Post
    Since when does POTUS hire for private sector jobs? The job seeker was bombarded on the phone with recruiters and yet could not get a job. That is what happens when 'we' the people got suckered into giving up our private sector work place representation and now you want to deny the public sector their rights

I agree this is no place for the POTUS to be. He was the one asking for the resume so he can look into it.

I thought Obama was going to make a phone call, get the man a job and in return the family complete with kids, puppies, kittens, white picket fence in the background will go on an Obama 2012 TV commercial and sell this boloney to anyone that believes it.

Leave a comment:

• jacko
    replied
    Since when does POTUS hire for private sector jobs? The job seeker was bombarded on the phone with recruiters and yet could not get a job. That is what happens when 'we' the people got suckered into giving up our private sector work place representation and now you want to deny the public sector their rights

Originally posted by banca rotta View Post
    Just an update on the original post that Obama couldn't get him a job.

Believe it or not I am actually surprised by this.

I figured Obama would get the man a job and use them as part of his propaganda machine on the campaign trail.

Maybe if Romney gets in he will get them a job. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were them.

Leave a comment:

• banca rotta
    replied
    Originally posted by banca rotta View Post
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ng_to_him.html

Imagine dealing with financial hardship for 3 years having a discussion with the annointed one who has no idea what he's talking about?

Just an update on the original post that Obama couldn't get him a job.

Believe it or not I am actually surprised by this.

I figured Obama would get the man a job and use them as part of his propaganda machine on the campaign trail.

Maybe if Romney gets in he will get them a job. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were them.

Leave a comment:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X