Political Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
    (Oops I meant they didn't have enough to end debate on a topic without the R during Clinton's first two years, not veto as obviously he wouldn't veto it )
    I thought you had finally lost it when I read that before. 60 votes in the Senate required to end a filibuster is the same problem the 2009 Senate could have. Although with Oregon finally getting two Democratic Senators (Bye bye Gordon Smith), it will only take 4 Republicans to side with the D's to reach the 60 votes needed. Now if Al Franken could only find another 370 votes...
    (Al Franken as a US senator - I chuckle just thinking about it.)

Hillary's health plan was defeated in 1994 despite a Democrat majority because the plan had a huge opposition orchestrated by the Conservatives, the American Medical Association, and the health insurance industry:

Opposition to the Clinton plan was initiated by William Kristol and his policy group Project for the Republican Future, which is widely credited with orchestrating the plan's ultimate defeat through a series of now legendary "policy memos" faxed to Republican leaders.[18] Conservatives, libertarians, and the health insurance industry proceeded to stage a campaign against the plan, criticizing it as being overly bureaucratic and restrictive of patient choice:

The conservative Heritage Foundation argued "the Clinton Administration is imposing a top-down, command-and-control system of global budgets and premium caps, a superintending National Health Board and a vast system of government sponsored regional alliances, along with a panoply of advisory boards, panels, and councils, interlaced with the expanded operations of the agencies of Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Labor, issuing innumerable rules, regulations, guidelines, and standards."

The effort also included extensive advertising criticizing the plan, including the famous Harry and Louise ad paid for by the Health Insurance Association of America
    So, like it or not, the reason you and many here are bankrupt can be blamed on the Republican Conservatives, the American Medical Association, and the health insurance industry.

Comprehensive reform aimed at creating universal health care in the United States has not been seriously considered by Congress since.
    As far as Obama, I think he will govern as a moderate middle-of-the-road President. Like Reagan and JFK he will try to please his core supporters but govern from the middle - may even be middle-right, just like Reagen was sometimes middle-left in his actions, despite his right-wing rhetoric. Time will tell - most Presidents change their colors once in office. (ooh bad joke, sorry)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_health_care_plan
    Last edited by WhatMoney; 11-06-2008, 01:46 PM.
    “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Have you ever considered that why the Big 3 Auto corps are on the verge of bankruptcy is the overly generous pay and benefits they've agreed to with the unions.

If Hillary's Health care had passed, most likely by this point it would have been scaled back or eliminated as most States that have tried similar health plans have had to do.

I attribute my circumstances mostly to the lack of a college education. When I was first in college my father made to much in that age for me to get help but not enough to pay for college and what I got for jobs was not really enough to pay for it. So I never finished college, despite my IQ being higher than most of the candidates this election.

Circumstances did not allow it this year but next year it is my plan to begin attending community college hopefully getting a degree in a few years.
      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
        I attribute my circumstances mostly to the lack of a college education. When I was first in college my father made to much in that age for me to get help but not enough to pay for college and what I got for jobs was not really enough to pay for it. So I never finished college, despite my IQ being higher than most of the candidates this election.

Circumstances did not allow it this year but next year it is my plan to begin attending community college hopefully getting a degree in a few years.
        I commend your plan to go to college and get the degree you need. From your post I assume that the kind of job you seek requires a college degree.

My parents could never afford to send me to college or even help pay for it. I got my bachelor's degree exactly 4 years out of high school through a combination of merit scholarships and a work/study program. I have NO idea what my IQ is, but it must have been high enough to graduate summa cum laude from high school and earn the merit scholarship, and then graduate magna from college.

It's interesting to me that you seem to know what the candidates' IQ is?

I don't know what my IQ is. And I'm past 60. In my opinion, IQ is WAY overrated. There are many other qualities other than IQ that are needed for success!
        Last edited by FLBK7; 11-07-2008, 08:23 PM.
        BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

IQ is more a relative ability of someone to do well in a testing environment.

At your age I'm not sure you were tested for IQ in school. I was. Most parents don't tell their children their IQs but I have a genius IQ, my mom told us a few years ago, she never wanted to tell us when we were kids because my IQ is about 20 higher than my brothers.

I've seen reports on the IQs of the candidates but can't be sure how accurate they are. If accurate then they all have above average IQs, Palin having the lowest of the main candidates but still well above average.

The problem is that more and more better paying jobs require you to have some sort of degree. With my back shot I can't do the manual labor jobs anymore so my only real chance of a better income is to get a degree and try to move into a better paying office or similar job.

I've also been writing a book, though only God knows when I'll ever finish it, after all I work on it sporadically.

I've considered running for political office, but honestly I see how the media treats them and I wonder why I'd want such attention. One of my high school classmates was on the county commissioner board here, he was voted out this election though. He's a good guy but health problems of his kids have affected his attendance and hampered him in recent years. I suspect his lack of attendance is what cost him his seat.
          May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
          July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
          September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Illinois Governor arrested - LOL

APFederal authorities in Chicago have arrested Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, accusing him of attempting to benefit financially from his position to appoint Barack Obama's Senate replacement. Blagojevich is also accused of threatening to withhold state assistance to the Tribune Company in connection with the sale of Wrigley Field to induce the firing of editorial board members who have been critical of the governor.
            Also: Tribune Co. Files Chapter 11

Comment

I'm in chicago twice a week on a truck delivery route and have been following this for a few weeks. This guys arrogance is unbeleivable. Some are saying this prosecutor is the next Elliot Ness because of how many big fish he's fried!
              They said 5 governors from illinois in the past 50 years have ended up in jail! They will have to build a special Governors wing on the prison there lol!
              I beleive if someone offered me that job i'd be inclined to say not on your life lol!

Comment

Yes I hate to admit I lived in Chicago, and ran a territory in Old Towne area. All run by good ole boys, Mafia. They were all kind to me and paid cash, I was compelled every year to take a big bottle of Canadian Club and I was young and drank nothing. I made a mistake once in refusing and got a glare and a remark, you refuse my gift? I took his gift and gifted it to others. You bet I gave them good service.

It is clear now that we know what our future President is what we wished for. Be careful of what you wish for. Chinese Curse, “May you live in Interesting times”. We shall I am afraid. ‘Hub
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Rod Blagojevich
                  The USA is loaded with lying crooked politicians. I have never like Blagojevich an his popularity for being a lying, backstabbing, crooked, greedy, pathetic man has gone to his head. They will need to make the jail gates larger just to squeeze that jumbo size arrogant head inside.

I hope he never sees the light of day again because people do not like him.
                  There is going to be another bloody french revolution house cleaning I am afraid. Citizens are growing weary of this as it has become week after week of stained undies in the publics face.

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
                    Aside from all the other issues this country is dealing with...I'd like to see some results over in Iraq. This conflict has been going on for years now, and for every step forward the U.S. makes there, there's a two step backwards bump in exchange! When is the administration going to take accountability/ownership for fact thier decision to engage in war, just wasn't the right one?
                    it was bushes war. bush take accountability for anything? har har
                    his rock self serving head believes he is still on track and has made no errors.

he can point the finger at people in BK and force everyone to take these finance classes forcing people into paying back debts, while he creates debt of enormous proportions with no idea of how he can ever pay it back, leaving the mess for everyone else to clean up. 8 years of a global tyrant pointing his other finger at all the 'evil doers' while his own terrorism plot would leave no excuses entering a holocaust from his dictatorship, if left to his own devices.

Comment

Rod Blagojevich
                      Yay!!! he will never be in politics again. They are moving forward with a special election.
                      What dirtball can be governer next? after all, 5 Illinois governers have all been arrested & thrown out over the years and the dems are just as crooked as the reps.

In the old days, the townspeople would just gather together and hang him.

Comment

Obama's 'gift' to africa ...setting it ablaze?

Hello all ...

I just arrived home from South Africa where there is much celebration about Barack Obama, a half-black man with African ancestry, heading for the US presidency in January.

And why wouldn't they be delighted to have 'one of their own' on the verge of becoming the man who is said, erroneously, to be the most powerful person on earth? Here is a president with African connections going back not just to centuries past, but just one generation to his Kenyan father.

Indeed, if the claims of current American law suits, and his grandmother, half-brother and half-sister are to be believed, Obama was even born in Kenya and thus should not qualify for the presidency at all. In short, Africa's man is in the White House, so applause all round from this troubled continent. Surely Obama is Africa's friend?

But as always there is rather more to know. All that glitters is not gold and, in Obama's case, all that twitters is not genuine.

As I outlined last week, Obama is a product of the black overclass that ultimately answers to the white overclass that controls America. In the end they all answer to the Illuminati bloodline cabal which decides little matters like who becomes US president.

Turkeys voting for Thanksgiving comes to mind

The race and political persuasion of the cabal's choice is irrelevant to them, in and of itself, because they control left, right and centre, anyway. The only reason that they choose a 'Republican' here or a 'Democrat' there is because it best suits their interests and agenda at that time and also they have to change around every now and again to maintain the illusion that it's the people who are making the choice.

So when you have such a momentous change in American political history with the selection of the first black president, it is naïve in the extreme to think that it has just happened by chance. As President Franklin D Roosevelt said: 'In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way'.

And oh, yes, it was certainly planned that way with Barack Obama. He's the establishment's choice and funded by the very forces that deny the kind of 'change' that will benefit the people. Their 'change' is to further enforce the centralised global control of the financial and satanic oligarchy.

Obama and his seasoned network of professional manipulators, sorry his 'campaign team', sold the lie that he had refused to take funding from 'lobbyists', those who are paid to ensure that politicians frame legislation, or block it, in the interests of their clients.

But like everything that surrounds Obama, past and present, it's a sleight of hand and mouth. They funnelled vast sums of money into the Obama accounts through law firms that represent lobbyists and lobby groups. It provided 'plausible denial' about funding from lobbyists while the money poured in from lobby interests via third parties.

The sources of Obama funding read like a Wall Street Who's Who - Goldman Sachs, UBS, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, J.P. Morgan Chase, Morgan Stanley, and so on. No wonder he went back on his pledge to accept the limitations of public funding for his campaign and instead took the no-limit option of 'private' funding.

Obama is just the latest Wall Street President and therefore any response to the economic crisis, caused by the very banks that funded him, will not be designed to benefit the population, 'His' policy will be structured to meet the demands of the bloodlines that control both Obama and the banking system.

Mr. Fraud will be calling for 'sacrifice' from the masses while pouring virtually unlimited public funds into the banking and financial industry, as with the criminal 'bail out' so supported by Mr. Man-of-the-People.

But the Obama presidency has far greater implications, well beyond the ever-more tenuous borders of the United States. Yes, he is the front man for the agenda to complete the dismantling of what is known as 'America' and its absorption into the gathering global dictatorship. But the potential consequences for Africa in the next few years are also enormous.

To the Program People holding the Obama strings, most notably Zbigniew Brzezinski and his billionaire associate, George Soros, Africa is viewed as a potential battleground for conflict with one of their major targets - China.

When he was National Security Advisor to President Jimmy Carter in the 1970s, Brzezinski initially created, funded, armed and trained the 'freedom fighters' in Afghanistan that would become the Mujahideen, the Taliban and what is alleged to be 'Al-Qaeda'.

He wanted them to undermine the Moscow-controlled Afghan government in the capital, Kabul, to entice the Soviet Union to invade and become embroiled in 'their Vietnam', to quote Brzezinski. It worked - at the cost of at least a million Afghan lives.

It is one of many great ironies of the Obama presidency that he is demanding massive troop reinforcements to be sent to Afghanistan to fight the Taliban terrorists who were initially armed, trained and organised by Brzezinski, the man behind Obama. As Morpheus says in The Matrix: 'Fate, it seems, is not without its sense of irony'.

But then, in Brzezinski's case, it is not 'fate', but cold calculation that has brought it all about. The Poland-born Brzezinski, co-founder of the Illuminati Trilateral Commission, has a fierce hatred of Russia and that is still one of his key targets, together with China.

And if they are Brzezinski's targets, they are Obama's targets.

The plan is to instigate a sequence of events that will trigger, in effect, a Third World War involving Russia and China to strip both countries of their military and financial power as a giant step towards the world government dictatorship. I am not saying that they will succeed in doing this, only that this is the plan.

This is where Obama's colour and African connection is so useful to Brzezinski and co. In my newsletter of July 27th, The New Conquest of Africa, I described how China had launched a takeover of the Dark Continent with what has been described as the greatest movement of people the world has ever seen. There are getting on for a million Chinese now resident in Africa and they want that to become hundreds of millions, both to ease the pressure at home and take control of the continent.

The Chinese government has been supporting the evil dictatorship of Robert Mugabe in Zimbabwe with both money and weapons. They built Mugabe's 25-bedroom mansion, paid for and built the headquarters of his ZANU-PF party, and supplied him with fighter jets, helicopter gunships and other weaponry to suppress dissent.

The same story can be seen across Africa in countries like the Congo, Zambia, Angola, Nigeria, Upper Volta and, most grotesquely, Sudan, where the Chinese are supplying the Sudanese government with the means to launch genocidal attacks on hundreds of thousands of people in the Darfur region in what have been dubbed 'Africa's killing fields'.

With this background, you can now see why Obama's controllers, especially Brzezinski, view Africa as the perfect place to trigger a conflict with China that can then expand to other fronts and draw in the Russians.

This can be done covertly by creating, arming and training 'freedom fighters' in various countries to resist Chinese occupation and control in the same way that Brzezinski did with the Mujahideen/Taliban in Afghanistan. So many 'civil wars' across the world have actually been the major powers fighting each other unofficially via warring factions and groups in the target country.

But the crises in both Sudan and Zimbabwe also offer the opportunity for more direct confrontation if Obama, in the name of humanitarian support for suffering African people, orders military intervention in either or both in league with his Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, another 'friend' of Africa who competes with Obama in coldness of eye and meanness of spirit.

The world has looked on as crisis has become catastrophe in Zimbabwe and Sudan because the time was not right, from the agenda's point of view, to intervene. But with Obama, the 'African' president about to assume power in the US, it could well be that this is the time they will strike. Such a move would enjoy widespread global support because of the outbreak of cholera in Zimbabwe and the 'humanitarian' justification will provide the cover-story that most people will believe.

Interestingly, the Kenyan Prime Minister and US puppet, Raila Odinga, has called for military intervention in Zimbabwe through either the United Nations or African Union. Odinga has claimed he is the first cousin of Barack Obama via Obama's father who was a member of the same Luo tribe as Odinga.

Raila Odinga who is leading a Kenyan government delegation to Washington for the Obama inauguration on January 20th.

President Bush, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and French President Nicholas Sarkozy, Illuminati puppets and operatives all of them, are also calling for military intervention in Zimbabwe and citing the outbreak of cholera in justification.

I can't say what will happen in detail in Africa, but the themes and direction are getting clearer and none bode well for the people who live there. The story of Africa has to be viewed as a whole for current events to be seen in context.

The colonisation of Africa is still a work in progress. It started with official colonisation, went into the 'independence' stage of control by corporations and black puppet leaders and then began the Chinese phase and where we are fast heading now.

The idea behind 'independence' was to use external manipulation and corrupt and incompetent black leaders (see last week's newsletter) to bring Africa to its knees and so be ripe for the final takeover of its land, people and resources by the Illuminati bloodline families who work through both China and the West.

This plan also included the systematic introduction and spread of Aids that has devastated the continent and kills an estimated 6,000 people every day. There are millions of 'Aids orphans' and some studies predict that a third of the young male population will die in some regions. In South Africa, from where I have just returned, four million people are infected and that figure is increasing by around 1,500 a day.

Africa is dying, metaphorically and literally, and now the vultures are moving in to take the spoils and advance their wider plans for global chaos and domination. It was surreal to see how Africans were so enthusiastic for Obama when he is the smiling viper for the forces that seek to destroy them.

But some can see what Barack Obama really represents and what lurks behind the cold eyes and sparkling teeth. Among them is my great friend of many years now, the Zulu shaman or sanusi, Credo Mutwa.

I wasn't able to see him on this last trip because I was on the other side of the country, but when we chatted on the phone he was keen to know as much as I could tell him about Obama.

He said he had watched Obama on television one day and had seen another man, very different from the public image, behind the vacuous words and painted smile. He read me a poem he had written three weeks ago after having this experience. Coming from a black man who so loves Africa it is a powerful statement that those who swoon over Obama need to hear:

An actor walks upon the floodlit stage of life
                        wearing a mask of an angel beneath a demon's gown.
                        Pretence smiles upon the crowded hall of life
                        holding out hope as bright as it is false.
                        Son of a woman in whose veins flows the blood
                        of ancient Ireland and dark Africa's plains.
                        You are Obama, nick-named the standing king
                        You are Barack, oh, son born to deceive
                        The suffering hoards of Africa look up to you,
                        See a black saviour where nought but a Judas strides.
                        An entrapper of nations, bringer of dismal war
                        Behind the robes and the nylon wings of hope
                        Oh, may those who look upon you, see you as you are.
                        May those who hope in you behold you as you be
                        A prince deceitful to bring down Africa's shrines
                        A siren who leads Africa's ships onto rocks of obliteration.
                        Your rule my lord will not be one of peace
                        Your reign my king will not be one of smiles
                        Even as we speak in caves both dark and dank
                        Enraged fanatics plot your dark demise
                        They will put around your head a bloodwet martyr's crown.
                        Oh black Kennedy following the one before
                        May God forgive thee and thy fiery spouse
                        As you walk in silence from the stage of life
                        Barack Obama, blessed son, Oh standing king.

How tragic, and again ironic, that of all the false hopes peddled by this man the hope that he will be Africa's 'saviour' is destined to be the most misplaced. Mr. Cold Eyes works for the racketeers. To them, and him, Africa is just another place to scam and, by design, he's the perfect man to do it.

by David Icke

Comment

No offense to Icke's flock, but it's morbidly fascinating to watch his descent into utter and total madness. WOW.
                          BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandit View Post
                            it was bushes war. bush take accountability for anything? har har
                            his rock self serving head believes he is still on track and has made no errors.

he can point the finger at people in BK and force everyone to take these finance classes forcing people into paying back debts, while he creates debt of enormous proportions with no idea of how he can ever pay it back, leaving the mess for everyone else to clean up. 8 years of a global tyrant pointing his other finger at all the 'evil doers' while his own terrorism plot would leave no excuses entering a holocaust from his dictatorship, if left to his own devices.

You can say what you will, but remember, he only could have done this with the support of congress.

Nafta Approval? Congress needs to approve
                            Want a war? Congress needs to approve.
                            Want comprehensive health plan? Congress needs to approve.

There was more then enough democrats who could have stepped up and said "No, this is not the right thing to do" but they didn't. So go ahead and point at Bush, it's easier then looking at who you voted into congress.

And what they did...

Comment

Originally posted by Genenco View Post
                              You can say what you will, but remember, he only could have done this with the support of congress.

Nafta Approval? Congress needs to approve
                              Want a war? Congress needs to approve.
                              Want comprehensive health plan? Congress needs to approve.

There was more then enough democrats who could have stepped up and said "No, this is not the right thing to do" but they didn't. So go ahead and point at Bush, it's easier then looking at who you voted into congress.

And what they did...
                              No. He flat out lied to congress & he flat out deceived the american people. It took six long years before everyone realized he was a fear mongering, good for nothing tyrant, that is how good of a liar that man is.

and I will never believe that the moron won either election. The second election we know for a fact was because his brother made the final decision.

Comment

Battle of Athens, Tennessee
                                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)

The Battle of Athens

Writing about election fraud Bandit, I am reminded of the
                                Battle of Athens, Tennessee.

During the 30's and 40's Athens Tennessee was dominated by some "good ol' boys"-the type of human waste that slicks their way into the local levers of power and keeps themselves there at the expense of everyone else. And they milked their power for all they could. During World War Two, those Athens boys sent off to war got a first hand appreciation of tyranny thanks to fighting the Germans and Japanese(and their own superiors, to be truthful) so when they came back home as Men the conditioning to accept things as they were was broken. They set up a GI ticket and ran a grassroots reform ticket to roust the b******s out. Being b******s though, those "good ol' boys" pulled a crude version of the 2000 election and stole the ballot boxes, securing them and themselves in the local jail-threatening to shoot anybody who approached!

Remembering their Heritage, those GI's went to the local National Guard Armory and borrowed some equipment they paid with their tax dollars; M-1 Garands, Carbines, and some American produced No4 Enfields, and all the ammo and dynamite they could scrounge up and laid a siege on those traitors! Fittingly trapped in their own jail they eventually surrendered... and those Patriots won because the Governor of Tennessee was wise enough to know sending in the National Guard would mean a revolt-not Civil War sized but probably on the scale of the Whisky Rebellion. Those GI's cleaned and returned their government property to the Armory they borrowed them and went on with their lives. The Battle of Athens, TN showed the proper response to tyranny in America-both from a Citizen's AS WELL AS A PUBLIC SERVANT'S POSITION.
                                -J. Croft

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X