No announcement yet.

Political Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually heard an interview with him on the BBC - I don't think he actually put it on his website :-)

I would look at the areas where the libertarians and progressives agree...that alliance could truly move this country out of this morass.

BUT, for example, Paul's idea to return to the gold standard simply doesn't and cannot work - there isn't enough gold on the planet to cover all the outstanding $$

Originally posted by shark66 View Post
    Where did you get the "child labor" part from?

I'd like a *quote* with *the source* linked, please...

Good luck to us all.

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
      I actually heard an interview with him on the BBC - I don't think he actually put it on his website :-)

I found pieces of that (?) interview, by no mention of anything to do with child labor...once again, feel free to post the link. I'll believe it when I see it.

I would look at the areas where the libertarians and progressives agree...that alliance could truly move this country out of this morass.

BUT, for example, Paul's idea to return to the gold standard simply doesn't and cannot work - there isn't enough gold on the planet to cover all the outstanding $$
      That's exactly why *global* economy as we know it has to file BK...

Good luck to us all.
      No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

After I finish grading papers tonight (at like 2AM :-) I'll try to look for the interview on bbc.

YES I quite agree...the whole world needs to go through a BK of sort!!!!!! I think we need to reset everthing...no one owes anyone anything...
        Originally posted by shark66 View Post
        That's exactly why *global* economy as we know it has to file BK...

Good luck to us all.

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post

Actually, that statement isn't all true. If you watch some of his interviews and debates on youtube he explains it more in detail. Everyone is used to the status quo of how things are ran that's why it's so hard for people to think that we can't move into the right direction. Remember he's not here to change things overnight but to plant the seed for future generations.
          Discharged: 12/23/2008

Comment

Originally posted by sguerra923 View Post
            What Ron Paul is focused on is not putting the blame on previous administrations but how we can guide this country in the direction where we can have our liberties and freedom back... If you watch youtube videos on him it will show that his main goal is to wake people around the world to what is really causing our current situation.

Also, he has gained more military support/donations than all republican runners combined. Currently, Dr. Paul is beating out Obama in military donatations. That there should already tell people that our troops want to come home and who they're are backing..

Make your judgement on the his speeches and credibility because the main stream media will do otherwise... Let's not pick the lesser of two evils this time around..

Well said but there's no use. Too many people on the left and right are still stuck with the party loyalty and it's all they know.

Just because I happen to oppose Obama most think that I am a Bush or McCain or Palin fan which I am not.

I believe we need a new direction for the sake of putting folks back to work and balancing the budget. Since so many are so used to their entitlements (including the rich) real reforms will come only out of crisis.

The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Originally posted by banca rotta View Post
              Well said but there's no use. Too many people on the left and right are still stuck with the party loyalty and it's all they know.

Just because I happen to oppose Obama most think that I am a Bush or McCain or Palin fan which I am not.

I believe we need a new direction for the sake of putting folks back to work and balancing the budget. Since so many are so used to their entitlements (including the rich) real reforms will come only out of crisis.

I understand that people think Dr. Paul doesn't stand a chance because the mainstream media doesn't talk about him as much but he is actually leading in majority of the polls (well the ones that CNN etc. don't manipulate).

I would like to challenge people to add Ron Paul on your facebook page/watch youtube and read all the comments and watch his "likes" number. He averages about 1,000k + a day in "likes". I believe everyone will get a different view of Ron Paul compared to what you hear on TV.

Comment

What Ron Paul is focused on is not putting the blame on previous administrations but how we can guide this country in the direction where we can have our liberties and freedom back... If you watch youtube videos on him it will show that his main goal is to wake people around the world to what is really causing our current situation.

Also, he has gained more military support/donations than all republican runners combined. Currently, Dr. Paul is beating out Obama in military donatations. That there should already tell people that our troops want to come home and who they're are backing..

Make your judgement on the his speeches and credibility because the main stream media will do otherwise... Let's not pick the lesser of two evils this time around..
                I have watched him and I have read his arguments when he has voted for or against a bill. No way will I ever vote for this guy. Too many people would be hurt. He is extreme. And if he were one of the two people on the ticket, he would not be the lesser of two evils.

He's one scary politician.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
                  I have watched him and I have read his arguments when he has voted for or against a bill. No way will I ever vote for this guy. Too many people would be hurt. He is extreme. And if he were one of the two people on the ticket, he would not be the lesser of two evils.

He's one scary politician.
                  Just curious how is following the constitution, freedom, and returning our liberties scary? Also, leaving it up to the states to decide on policies? In my opinion, 30 years of our current system and foreign policy is what's hurting people around the world not just in America.

Can you please give some examples of what you think are extreme?

Comment

Just curious how is following the constitution, freedom, and returning our liberties scary? Also, leaving it up to the states to decide on policies? In my opinion, 30 years of our current system and foreign policy is what's hurting people around the world not just in America.

I would, but to be honest, extremists like Ron Paul and those who support him would find fault with anything.

One of his arguments that I disagree with strongly is his position on child support. As a person whose parents divorced and whose father was a deadbeat, I recognise how much damage would happen to children if his view ever became law. Which it won't since he isn't going to be President.

And I am very strongly pro-choice. And he's not. He's for a constitutional government, but would violate it by making abortion illegal. Even though it is constitutional, and has been ruled so several times by the U.S. Supreme Court.

What sets us apart from a third world country is that we have programs that help the neediest. He would take that away. Low taxes does not translate to jobs. That has been proven over and over. I am not a liberal, I am more middle left. And would much rather be there than the extreme right, where Ron Paul (and most libertarians) are. I used to work in a welfare office, I have seen who would get hurt the most. And having worked there has shaped my views. Views that really haven't changed much since I became voting age.

BTW, the current administration IS following the constitution. The only President that was questionable was the last administration. And to be fair to Paul, he did vote against the Patriot Act. But that still doesn't change the fact that he simply is not good for America.
                    Last edited by helpmeout; 07-25-2011, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Sadly helmeout has just proved my point. A lot of folks are so used to the handouts since FDR's "new deal", LBJ's "Great Society" and the rest from then to now that people no longer even realize just how much liberty and freedom we surrendered for free stuff.

Helpmeout is pretty much correct. A lot of people so used to the govt solving their problems will be hurt since they know of no other way.

R.P. just wants to go back to the days of a Constitutional America starting with abolishing the bankster controlled Fed and phasing out costly entitlements and expensive wars.

The bright side to this would be a sound financial free market system that doesn't punish savers nor job creating small businesses vs. the current system that's killing us all slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
                        BTW, the current administration IS following the constitution. The only President that was questionable was the last administration.

Did congress declare war in Lybia??? At least when Bush pushed Iraq congressional leaders such as Hillary and the rest told Bush "ok", "no problem".

Comment

Sadly helmeout has just proved my point. A lot of folks are so used to the handouts since FDR's "new deal", LBJ's "Great Society" and the rest from then to now that people no longer even realize just how much liberty and freedom we surrendered for free stuff.

Helpmeout is pretty much correct. A lot of people so used to the govt solving their problems will be hurt since they know of no other way.

R.P. just wants to go back to the days of a Constitutional America starting with abolishing the bankster controlled Fed and phasing out costly entitlements and expensive wars.

The bright side to this would be a sound financial free market system that doesn't punish savers nor job creating small businesses vs. the current system that's killing us all slowly.
                          Sadly, you have proven my point. Libertarians simply don't care. Go back to a constitutional America? We never left.

Comment

Did congress declare war in Lybia??? At least when Bush pushed Iraq congressional leaders such as Hillary and the rest told Bush "ok", "no problem".
                            We aren't at war with Lybia. And we aren't leading the military action there, either. We just assisted in the beginning and then NATO took over. And I didn't say that I agreed with his decision. But the Constitution does allow for him to command the military. Hence the title, Commander in Chief.

BTW, Bush declared war and acted like we were at war long before he invaded Irag and long before he went into Afghanistan so that he could let Bin Laden escape. I may not agree with everything that President Obama does, but he is far better than any of the other options. Including Ron Paul.

Comment

helpmeout, I think what is really, really getting to me on how anyone can defend this guy Obama is most here and the rest of America pretty much agree that jobs is an important issue. Actually good paying jobs are an issue.

One huge shot in the arm would be for for Obama and congress to admit we were all hosed with this free trade and to immediatly as in right now A.S.A.P impose tariffs on all imports to at least help in slowing down the hemmoraging of jobs.

Obama has the power to make this happen and he's doing nothing just as Bush did nothing.

America has a serious unemployment crisis on it's hands which is adding to the other problems and Obama is doing nothing!!! Whatever Bush may have caused doesn't matter today. This is Obama's problem now. Temporary stimulas is not a long term fix.

It's been over two years and it's gotten worse. Just visit the UE section and they will tell you.

How many years do people have to be out of work or small businesses need to suffer before the annointed one hears their pleas to put America first?

I also tend to notice statistically there's a lot of Obama supporters being hurt by this UE problem.

Comment

Ron Paul can certainly do no worse than the current administration. Some people elected a community organizer under the disguise of "Hope and Change" and that hasn't worked at all.

As Banca Rotta stated as long as people continue to vote party lines and who the media tell them to things will never "change".

You tell me how bad things really are if we are supposedly broke but continue to send billions in foreign aid ??

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X