No announcement yet.

Political Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ron Paul predictions in 2002.......Still think he's crazy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFLd_...ayer_embedded#!

Very well said Dr. Paul

I am just so sorry and ashamed that I never knew him 10 years ago. My whole paradigm would have shifted early on.

Sadly I was as stubborn and blind as so many of you still are.

We also owe the media blame for not putting the truth out there.
    The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Yep, he is still crazy and naive.

Originally posted by banca rotta View Post

Very well said Dr. Paul

I am just so sorry and ashamed that I never knew him 10 years ago. My whole paradigm would have shifted early on.

Comment

Very well said Dr. Paul

So because we don't agree with you we are stubborn and blind? I have to laugh because whenever I read your doom and gloom posts I am reminded of Bush II, you know, the guy who got in front of the UN and said "You're either with us or against us". Anyone who didn't agree with him was not only "against us" but if American, was unpatriotic. The truth? According to who? You?
        The truth is that Paul is not good for America, at all. His policies would hurt America.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
          So because we don't agree with you we are stubborn and blind? I have to laugh because whenever I read your doom and gloom posts I am reminded of Bush II, you know, the guy who got in front of the UN and said "You're either with us or against us". Anyone who didn't agree with him was not only "against us" but if American, was unpatriotic. The truth? According to who? You?
          The truth is that Paul is not good for America, at all. His policies would hurt America.

You sort of made my point. I was one of the sheep that drank Bush 2's kool-aid. In hindsight I now see the results of Bush's policies at the same time Ron Paul made pretty accurate predictions on what would happen under Bush and Fed policies.

The truth you ask? That would be the facts not my opinion. Bush and the rest of them made their own bad predictions as well as Obama and Biden saying 2 years ago we would be in recovery which we are not!

Ron Paul said many things 10 years ago, most of which have happened as he said it. I would say that's the truth.

People like yourself prefer free healthcare vs. Freedom which is the only reason you don't like RP. I promise you in the end you will get neither.

Just ask the Europeans how their free healthcare is working out for them since they are a model for most who think like you. They are going deeper in their depression due to their debt crisis.
          Last edited by banca rotta; 01-21-2012, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jacko View Post
            Yep, he is still crazy and naive.

Who is still crazy and naive??? For those of you that are having trouble understanding my point it's very simple. If you go back ten years and people whether they are politicians, or economists, authors, lawyers, etc. and they all made predictions wouldn't it be natural to see who made the best calls and trust that person?

Most of these guys made speeches and we found out they either lied or were clueless. RP called it better then everyone else I feel. As for who you vote for that's up to you. I prefer someone who's at least honest, but that's just me I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post

Since there's more then one "America" this too maybe true. For instance there's the America that you and many others cherish that like halloween you get free stuff from your neighbors. There's an America where criminals get away with murder. There's an America where banksters inflate the currency supply and bankrupt the middle class.

My favorite America is where the constitution is upheld. This is the America that RP will be good for. He won't be good for the other America's however. Too bad.

Comment

You sort of made my point. I was one of the sheep that drank Bush 2's kool-aid. In hindsight I now see the results of Bush's policies at the same time Ron Paul made pretty accurate predictions on what would happen under Bush and Fed policies.

The truth you ask? That would be the facts not my opinion. Bush and the rest of them made their own bad predictions as well as Obama and Biden saying 2 years ago we would be in recovery which we are not!

Ron Paul said many things 10 years ago, most of which have happened as he said it. I would say that's the truth.

People like yourself prefer free healthcare vs. Freedom which is the only reason you don't like RP. I promise you in the end you will get neither.

Just ask the Europeans how their free healthcare is working out for them since they are a model for most who think like you. They are going deeper in their depression due to their debt crisis.
                The problem with your premise is you are not asking the follow up question. Why was Bush wrong? Because supply-side economics does NOT work. The fact that so many Republicans are still trying to sell if shows how "naive" people are.

Why was Obama wrong about turning the economy around? Because he did not appreciate the depth of the problem we were in. The continuing growing income inequality and decimation of the middle class will turn us into a third world country. Until the foreclosures stop are economy can not fully turn around.

As to your premise about universal healthcare and Europe I believe you are wrong. Generally most Europeans are much happier with their system then we are.

As to Paul -- he is correct about our empire dragging us down and corruption with the Feds. Unfortunately, some of his other ideas are too far out there for mainstream.

Comment

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
                  As to your premise about universal healthcare and Europe I believe you are wrong. Generally most Europeans are much happier with their system then we are.

They are happier only because they don't know different, for the most part. Having experienced several European varieties of universal health care, I'd take my chances with the corrupt U.S. system any day of the week...

As to Paul -- he is correct about our empire dragging us down and corruption with the Feds. Unfortunately, some of his other ideas are too far out there for mainstream.

What exactly is "mainstream" ? The idiocy of political correctness that will be this country's grave? Sad are the times in which Mark Twain's books are removed from public school libraries because they contain "the word"...
                  Good luck to us all.
                  No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

I know. It is rather obvious from your posts that you are ultra rightwing conservative. BTW, I don't drink anyone's kool-aid. Including Paul's.

BTW, all the doom and gloom predictions during a bursting economy are bound to come true at some point. Just like all of the positive predictions during a recession are bound to come true at some point.

People like me prefer freedom. Don't ever presume to think that you know what I prefer. You can only say what YOU would prefer. The reason why I don't Paul is because he would be bad for America.

BTW, there is no such thing as free healthcare. And not all countries with "free" healthcare are going into a deeper depression.

Your opinions are not facts. And all you have spouted are your opinions.

Comment

My favorite America is where the constitution is upheld. This is the America that RP will be good for. He won't be good for the other America's however. Too bad.
                      Mine, too. Which is why I won't vote for Paul.

Comment

Healthcare is not free. They pay for it via taxes. What is exactly do you mean by 'Freedom'? Not to pay your health bill and stiff the hospital?

Comment

Disclaimer: Before anyone jumps to the wrong conclusion I believe the Banana thing is implying that we are a Banana Republic.

Last edited by banca rotta; 01-24-2012, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Don't believe anyone will jump to the "wrong conclusion" about the photo. If would be funnier though if there weren't so many people who vote that actually believe that about our president.

Comment

I don't see the connection. We don't export much anymore. What klan chapter do you belong to?

Disclaimer: Before anyone jumps to the wrong conclusion I believe the Banana thing is implying that we are a Banana Republic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_republic

Comment

I don't see Germany doing any worse than we are. Actually, the opposite is true. They are Europe's powerhouse. And NOBODY needs to file for BK in Germany due to the lack of coverage in case of an illness. Some call it welfare - I call it desirable. As you can see, federally organized healthcare can work - IF you do it right. And BTW, the debt crisis in other European countries has nothing to do with healthcare. Many countries - especially in the southern part of Europe - spent far more than they could chew. And if you combine that with low retirement ages that were suitable a century ago, you will get in trouble. The countries with the best federal health programs in Europe are doing quite well - above average.

And if you focus on "Freedom": Meanwhile, Germany overtook the US on that topic as well. The US used to be the best example for Freedom and human rights. 60 years ago, Germany learned from the US what real values are - today, they could teach us a lesson. Since 9/11, this country is everything but "free" and since Bush II, we lost that global reputation for many reasons.

It's obvious I'm going to vote for Obama (due to his HAMP-program, I still have a roof over my head) - but if I would have to vote for one of the remaining candidates of the Republicans, I'd probably vote for Ron Paul. We don't need to (and can't afford to) play the Sheriff all over the world and he seems to be the only one who got that right.
                                Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                                FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                                FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X