Political Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Political Discussion

This Foley scandal is something else! Kind've reminds me of that Dateline show: "To Catch a Predator"
    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Personally, I think we need to do some "political housecleaning" in Washington........ Presidents that have affairs with interns, predators approaching and trying to seduce interns, etc..... (these are OUR CHILDREN) we must protect them.

When this type of activity goes on and others "cover it up" and "know about it for several years".......... then something needs to be done......

The 'GOOD OLD BOYS CLUB' needs their butts kicked!!!! And anyone involved in it or that knew about it (did nothing), needs to be thrown out on their ears and prosecuted.

It's a "sad thing" when predators on our young people walk the halls of Congress and the Senate and make the laws WE have to live by........ and its condoned by other members.

I don't want sex predators living next door to my family nor do I want them making the laws of the land we live by.....
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Yeah, those guys are Dateline were "just stopping by to say HELLO!!!
      HUH..............

They got what they deserved........ SORRY ABOUT THEIR LUCK............

Sad part, lots of them are married....... imagine how their wives and children felt when they found out and it came across the TV screen.
      Minny

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Washington is operated by a bunch of money thieving perverts/pedaphiles.
        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Lately, a lot of politicians have been brought up on charges of all kinds.........

Accepting "free stuff"....... trips, etc......... using office and fedeal funds for personal use (paying Christmas bonuses, etc)....... vacations for their families........ getting contracts for their own family members and friends...........

Now the pedaphials have gotten into the picture.....

Many of our government officials have been in office TOO LONG......... they have "forgotten" how the other half of the world lives, especially the tax payer......

And what is sad is when they resign or get booted out of office (doesn't make any difference what for) - they still get their retirements of $150K-$200k a year that the tax payer pays for........ free medical at our expense, etc.......

I laughed when I seen Bush's and Chaney's income tax claims for the past year...... yeah, SURE........... especially Bush's. Who do they think they are fooling???
          Minny

Comment

Vote everyone out. We need to start over.

Comment

Aside from all the other issues this country is dealing with...I'd like to see some results over in Iraq. This conflict has been going on for years now, and for every step forward the U.S. makes there, there's a two step backwards bump in exchange! When is the administration going to take accountability/ownership for fact thier decision to engage in war, just wasn't the right one?

Comment

I have to agree with you on the Iraq issue........ it needs to be looked at closely and changes made.......
                It's turning into another Vietnam......

We can't stop a civil war over there......... and that's what I see coming....

These people are going to have to stand up and fight for themselves if they want their freedoms...... we can't do it all for them....... and shouldn't have too......

Iraq will NEVER be a democratic country...... that's a pipe dream of politicians.....

Their new government will be based on their religion......
                Minny

Comment

Some days I do think we need to just start over, too! While there is corruption in every administration, I think that this administration is especially corrupt! It bothers me a lot that people try to pass off being "religious" while taking advantage of others! We are doing a terrible job of taking care of our own, particularly minorities. I have so many patients that have to decide on a daily basis whether they want to eat or have the medication they need.

And the war . . . Do we REALLY think we are accomplishing anything over there? From what I understand, the Arab governments are largely theocratic and NOT democratic! (I'm not saying either is right or wrong; we are just different!) You also can't just go in there with the "We're gonna kick their butts mentality!" I support our service men and women 100% and grieve with every mother whose son or daughter who is lost because of this needless war. This could easily be one or both of my beautiful babies in a couple of years.
                  Filed: 2/24/2006
                  341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
                  Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by jane taylor View Post
                    I support our service men and women 100% and grieve with every mother whose son or daughter who is lost because of this needless war. This could easily be one or both of my beautiful babies in a couple of years.
                    It could be my own son right now....he's active Army and is currently stationed near Mosul, Iraq. Every day I pray he will be ok, that he won't be in the wrong place at the wrong time and be killed by an IED or roadside bomb. He's told me in private emails that nothing we are doing there can possibly lead to peace in the region, let alone lead to democracy. This is the biggest lie foisted on the American public since Vietnam. I never dreamed we would find ourselves in this no-win situation twice in my lifetime....shows what I know. Please pray for all our brave servicemen and women who are in Iraq and Afghanistan doing the job they swore to do at incredible personal risk to themselves.
                    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I'm disgusted with both political parties in general and wouldn't be upset if the entire congress was voted out and we the voters kept doing that until they get the message. The only problem I have is the democrats still won't stop politicizing the war on terror. It's an American problem and shouldn't be divided along party lines and they are doing that which is why they scare me. We are all entitled to disagree and debate our differences, but we can defeat foreign enemies only as Americans and not Democrat or Republican. Political debates must end at the waters edge!

Comment

Fool and his money,
                        I agree with "both political parties" leave a lot to be desired....... neither one is offering much as far as solving our problems overseas or here in the US.

We have many "at home" problems that need tending too....... medicare reform, healthcare reform, social security reform, social services reform, homeland security, job losses (going overseas), immigration, homeless and orphanced children, etc........

Elderly people should not have to make a choice between "medicine to stay alive" and their "groceries or heat"..... to help line the pockets of the health industry.

Politicians should not be allowed to vote themselves raises, WHEN they have SOLVED NO PROBLEMS..... and they should be prosecuted for their "unethical behavior" while in office and stripped of job and benefits.

Any American company that "shuts down" in the US and opens back up in a foreign country should never be allowed to ship their goods back to the USA for sale. They create great job losses here in the US.

LOTS OF THINGS need tending too right here at home........

Loss of American lives, financial strain on our govt funds, and much effort is put into religious countries trying to make them "democratic"..... THIS IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN......

I support our troops, their efforts, and them risking their lives every day to fight for "freedom".....

I work with a member of the Nat Guard that has served a year in Iraq and and a year in Afganistan.... and still may have to go back again... I am from a family of Vets....(grandparents, parents, brothers, cousins, uncles).

Personally, I would like to know HOW MANY politicians have a son or daughter in a "war zone"...... bet I could count them on one hand - IF ANY????

Yes, we have politicans that have been prisioners of war...... they seem to understand WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON OVER THERE.... yet, there are SO MANY that DON'T......

Seems in the last 5-10 years our soldiers are EVERYWHERE, fighting a battle of some kind (topplig governments and drugs)... Iraq, Afganistan, and in the past couple of years we have stirred the pot in North Korea, Lebanon, Africa, China, Mexico, etc...

The United States is a great Nation, but we cannot solve the problems of the World..... we can help, but sometimes our efforts are wasted efforts.

Rogue Nations are allowed to ship goods to the USA - no questions asked..... basically we are supporting them!!! WHY???

Yes our Nation needs reforms.... will I see it in my lifetime - probably not. The future of our Nation, its policies, values, the very words and meanings of our forefathers and the Constitution is gradually changing.

Our pledge to our American flag says "one nation under God", not "Democrats and Republicans, and Independents under God"......

Our future could very well hold a "civil war" within our own Nation..... Political parties against each other OR "the people against the government"...... or even one race against another....

Hope I never live to see that day..........

My thoughts this morning...
                        Minny

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
                          Please pray for all our brave servicemen and women who are in Iraq and Afghanistan doing the job they swore to do at incredible personal risk to themselves.
                          I will! A lot of my old Army buddies are in Iraq right now. However, I decided to separate in '02, because it was evident that the ops tempo for deployments would be extreme, and unrealistic for the armed forces as a whole.

Comment

My view on the whole Iraq thing is I think Bush wanted to set up shop somewhere in the middle east to fight terrorism and flex some muscle. And at the time, I thought it was a good idea, even though Bush and his people directly under him wouldn't admit to it.

After Saddam was captured, I thought, ok, lets start withdrawing, maybe slowly.

Then there was the whole "election" thing. Ok, I understand somewhat since I'm limited to what I hear on the news. Didn't realize there was so much hate between the different sects. Elections done! Ok, lets get our guys and gals home......But, NOOOOO!

Now it's the country will fall into civil war and the "terrorists" have won if we pull out too soon. Sorry, ain't buying it this time!! Look what is happening now!!! That country isn't used to a democracy, the extremists celebrate death by suicide (because of their religion), and this is getting out of control...been out of control for too long now.

You can only help and give a people so much.
                            We tried to free them from Saddam, we did.
                            We tried to free them with a voting majority (type of) democracy, we did.
                            We even got rid of Zarqawi....and theres one to take his place....and another to take that guys place.
                            Sorry but we can't free them of their hatred towards each other and their desire to kill each other by any means including suicide bombings. And the blood of US Soldiers are all caught up in this and I know they are doing their job, but I feel it is sooo wrong for them to be caught in the middle of this with their hands tied so much!! I've ran into some old friends on leave who can't wait to get back so they can help watch after there fellow brothers. They said some areas aren't as bad as others, but still, they are handcuffed with their abilities and shooting with one eye blinded by political veils....ARRGG!! I'm getting pissed now just talking about it, sorry.

I believe this is the big picture now and granted, Bush and some others may not have predicted this would happen, but it is what it is.
                            I'm not saying cut tail and run by no means...but do SOMETHING to help our guys out!! My exit strategy would be this:

Use the spy sattelites and drones to identify the main areas where the extremists of all parties live, and on the last few days that we are pulling out, carpet bomb the "you know what" out of them. And say we did all we can do.

This will be worse than Vietnam if we don't do something soon. I mean just look at the US Soldier death toll for this month so far! We have much bigger problems on our hands now (N. Korea) and need to give our guys and gals a rest break, and reserve ourselves and our WAR budget for the near future like N. Korea and Iran! JMHO.
                            When it all boils down to it, its just numbers! Your credit score, your interest rate, your bank account, and your net worth if you're fortunate enough to have one......is your happiness really defined by numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by Credit Hater View Post
                              the extremists celebrate death by suicide (because of their religion)
                              This is the topic that Americans, and the world hears, time and time again. A lot of which is derived from what "our" media wants us to hear and believe. The basic mindset that has been implanted into the minds of many Non Arabs/Muslims, is that those, people are commiting suicide based attacks, bombings, etc...because of of thier religion. I kept asking myself, could this be true? Does the religion of Islam really suggest that it's believers/followers, die in the name of Islam, and harm innocent people, and kill themselves in support of Islam. This theory simply didn't make any sense to me. So I took it upon myself to research the writing, and preachings of the of Islam's holy book, the Koran. What did I find out?, Islam clearly states that suicide, murder, and harming innoccent people is forbidden!

The bottom line is, Americans and many, many other people simply associate Muslims/Islam with the Middleeast, Iraq, etc...it is true that the bulk of the worlds Muslim population reside in the Middle East. But the world should be told, and know that, the people that are killing, and exploding themselves and others, weren't didn't receive thier instructions for destruction from Islam, and or the Koran. It's all media hype to help garner support from the rest of the world, especially Americans. Miseducation, is a serious, and epidemic problem for us Americans.
                              Last edited by HRx; 10-19-2006, 07:09 AM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X