Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by banca rotta View Post
    And now you know better...
    You just can't believe anything they say.

But you know what would be real scary? is to have someone come on board that 90% of the world agrees with.

Talk about a good liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandit View Post
      You just can't believe anything they say.

But you know what would be real scary? is to have someone come on board that 90% of the world agrees with.

Talk about a good liar.

I know. It drives me up the wall to no end. You know that we are in trouble when people can't even trust the candidate from their own party.

What ever our political differences are we all have the trust thing in common.

It was better when each side used to bash the other side. Now we bash our own.

You can say Bush did this to me. I used to bash Kerry/Edwards and defend Bush to the end. I still don't like K/E and now I don't trust Bush as most people don't because he abandoned his base. He left his base and the liberal dems still hate him so now no one likes him. McCain is the same way. One thing I'll give Hussein Obama and that is at least he isn't trying to be someone he isn't like all the others. What you see is what you get. The rest say one thing and do another.
      Last edited by banca rotta; 08-09-2008, 08:54 AM.
      The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Senator Obama is as phony as the rest banca rotta. He is a professional politician and always has been one. He has never co sponsored any important legislation on the Federal or State Level. He has missed more votes in the 110th Congress than anyone other than McCain and that one senator who had the brain problems earlier this year.

He has never taken a strong stance on any controversial issue and more often than not does not vote on them. Nothing significant would change under his administration. The troops will be leaving Iraq regardless of who the next President is because Iraq wants them out.

McCain is no better. Nothing significant will change under his administration either. They are both fairly weak candidates with a history of pandering to the populist viewpoint. They neither are men of principle.

Both are as I said career politicians. Sen. Obama has been in state or federal government for over a decade, and McCain for over two decades.

I hope folks will look seriously at the other presidential candidates that the media ignores constantly. Obama and McCain are so very weak that the only thing that will change significantly is the eroding further of United States Sovereignty and the giving up of your freedoms to international authority.
        May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
        July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
        September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by banca rotta View Post
          I know. It drives me up the wall to no end. You know that we are in trouble when people can't even trust the candidate from their own party.

What ever our political differences are we all have the trust thing in common.

It was better when each side used to bash the other side. Now we bash our own.

You can say Bush did this to me. I used to bash Kerry/Edwards and defend Bush to the end. I still don't like K/E and now I don't trust Bush as most people don't because he abandoned his base. He left his base and the liberal dems still hate him so now no one likes him. McCain is the same way. One thing I'll give Hussein Obama and that is at least he isn't trying to be someone he isn't like all the others. What you see is what you get. The rest say one thing and do another.
          But this is the problem. The entire campaign is a smokescreen & bickering back & forth is exactly what they want the voters to see. The two party system has failed as none of them mean what they say.

I do agree that some voters are waking up & seeing that the 'side thing' is also a lie that we were taught to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
            Senator Obama is as phony as the rest banca rotta. He is a professional politician and always has been one. He has never co sponsored any important legislation on the Federal or State Level. He has missed more votes in the 110th Congress than anyone other than McCain and that one senator who had the brain problems earlier this year.

He has never taken a strong stance on any controversial issue and more often than not does not vote on them. Nothing significant would change under his administration. The troops will be leaving Iraq regardless of who the next President is because Iraq wants them out.

McCain is no better. Nothing significant will change under his administration either. They are both fairly weak candidates with a history of pandering to the populist viewpoint. They neither are men of principle.

Both are as I said career politicians. Sen. Obama has been in state or federal government for over a decade, and McCain for over two decades.

I hope folks will look seriously at the other presidential candidates that the media ignores constantly. Obama and McCain are so very weak that the only thing that will change significantly is the eroding further of United States Sovereignty and the giving up of your freedoms to international authority.
            sad but right on the money. I dont know what it is going to take to turn this around. BUt we can keep making the public aware ther best we can.

Comment

JRS, please don't take what I said as defending Hussein Obama. I don't like him. I do feel that like Ted Kennedy at least they are honest about who they are and what they will "fix" after they would be elected.

Hussein Obama does not want to drill and is proud of that. We are all paying the price at this time for his bad descisions and we at least know what he is which is why he is slipping in the polls. The American people can make a better descision at the pols. Sadly not a "good" descision, but a "better" one.

Bush 41 & Clinton promised not to raise taxes and made a point in saying it out loud and we saw what they both did. Hillary plays both sides too. She tells her base she was against the war, she tells the undecided she was for the war. Bush 43 was going to cut the deficit by now What a joke that was.

There are plenty more example but you get the point. Obama at least is honest about his bad ideas so we know now what he stands for before it's too late.
              The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

It scares me to say this...BUT After watching Paris Hilton's political ad last week, I may need to vote for her. Her energy policy made much more since than No-bama's.
                (Signature removed by Moderator)

Comment

Paris is actually a lot smarter than folks give her credit. She is a millionaire but she has mostly made those millions on her own, keep in mind Baron Hilton plans to leave 99% of his fortune to charity, just like his father did.

Paris however cannot run for President.She's to young according to the Constitution. (She wouldn't be eligible until 2017.

Comment

Paris however cannot run for President.She's to young according to the Constitution. (She wouldn't be eligible until 2017.
                    Damn!!! We're doomed until then!!
                    (Signature removed by Moderator)

Comment

I doubt it.

So Barack Obama has chosen Joe Biden. Certainly not the message of Change he has been espousing. Sen. Biden has served in the Senate for 35 years. The Congress is less popular than President Bush. I don't see this as a smart choice, Biden is undeniably a Washington insider and his choice as VP clearly runs against Obama's change message. But then his change message was never more than rhetoric..

Comment

He thinks he needs him for the foreign policy expertise.

I worked in DE for over 20 years and can tell you that Wilmington, DE's only major city, is a very provincial and tight knit town. Biden is only a Washington insider in his own mind. He takes Amtrak to DC every day. He loves to be the center of attention and it is easier being a big fish in a small pond.

He goes off on tangents both in social and political settings and I find him very embarrassing. Obama could not have picked a worse running mate for I don't know how he is going to control him.

Remember the Tom Capano case in 96, the lawyer who murdered his girlfriend and dumped her in the ocean? Lawyers, senators, governors are all part of an intimate political circle.

Only admiration I have for the man is that he has overcome two extreme personal tragedies.

I have been vacillating for months on whom to vote for. McCain just got my vote.

Comment

I have no intentions of voting for McCain either, I would like to vote for Baldwin but I'm not sure he's going to get write in status in North Carolina. If he fails I'll vote for Barr.

Comment

I am a registered Democrat and voted for Hillary in the primary. I was somewhat worried when Obama won the Democratic nomination, mainly because I didn't think he had enough experience to lead, and especially during these dismal times created by Shrub our current non-leader. I also had misgivings about voting for McCain whom I had respected at one time, but no more.

Obama's choice of Biden as VP running mate has reassured me big time. At our weekly family Sunday dinner today we (9 registered voters) agreed we will be definitely vote for Obama in November.
                            BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

I see an Obama-Biden ticket as another Bush-Cheney ticket in a lot of ways. A strong powerful VP who actually controls more of policy than the president in many cases. I think we've seen how well that works in the past few years and I hope folks will think about that when they go into the polls.

Comment

Im voting for Obama just to make my co-workers mad. They hate him for only one reason, his race. They are all backwoods country folk who scrape up roadkill and eat it (no lie) and can't use any argument for or against either candidate except that Obama is black.

I have to agree I don't see either making much difference though, infact I didn't care for any of the candidates. I guess I just dont like polititians!
                                Filed 10/20/08
                                Discharged 1/27/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X