No announcement yet.

Political Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By his own word does he finally tell the Truth.

I am told by the second highest authority of this wonderful site, that I can post my political views on this particular forum and this particular thread 'sticky'. I'll take him at his word: It is not words but actions that you should judge a person. There are too many words and too many actions that do not jibe. After seeing the movie 2016, I was anti-climatic as I heard, researched and knew all that was revealed. When you vote, you really need to know WHAT, and WHO you are voting for. But, whomever that is, please exercise your privilege to vote, as it may be short lived. The following are not my words but HIS words:

He knows so much about the Islamic Countries, yet does not know the amount of states within our Country. Heinz 57?
    'Hub
    Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 09-09-2012, 07:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
      ....... It is not words but actions that you should judge a person. ......
      'Hub
      Anyone seriously think Obama is a "Muslim" based on his "actions"? Would that be his support for gay marriages, pro choice, support for women, going into Pakistan to get Bin Laden, drinking beer, or in fact proclaiming to be a Christian? The carefully edited video is designed for those who have restricted access to information or limited ability to engage in critical analysis. The video does show though that we have a president who is cognizant of diplomacy and has greatly increased world respect for this country - just leave the "fox bubble" and see the real world. Remember the world gave him the Nobel Peace Prize. Obama graduated from Harvard Law School and had an open ticket to make a lot of money - instead he became a "community organizer" devoted to help people who were less fortunate then him. Romney went to Harvard Law School and has devoted his life to making as much money as possible - regardless of how many lives he destroys. He has taken tax avoidance to an art form. He unapologetically pays 13% tax rate on $20 million in income - probably less in other years he won't show us - or taking advantage of the tax amnesty program in 2009 for his Swiss Bank accounts. He hides his money in the Cayman Islands and who knows were else. He has changed his position on virtually every issue for political expediency.

Yes, I agree you should judge a person on his actions not words. And by their actions the choice is real simple. If you make under $250k, are a woman, or proclaim to be a Christian you should vote for Obama.

Comment

So you believe everything you view on youtube? The 2016 flick is pure fantasy fiction. Seriously, what is it with the Eastwood and Chuck Norris types? Seems that their world turned upside down when a person of color became POTUS.

I am told by the second highest authority of this wonderful site, that I can post my political views on this particular forum and this particular thread 'sticky'. I'll take him at his word: It is not words but actions that you should judge a person. There are too many words and too many actions that do not jibe. After seeing the movie 2016, I was anti-climatic as I heard, researched and knew all that was revealed. When you vote, you really need to know WHAT, and WHO you are voting for. But, whomever that is, please exercise your privilege to vote, as it may be short lived. The following are not my words but HIS words:

He knows so much about the Islamic Countries, yet does not know the amount of states within our Country. Heinz 57?
        'Hub

Comment

The following are not my words but HIS words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tCAffMSWSzY#t=28
          You expect people to judge Obama by a series of quotes taken out of context? At least it's consistent with your expectation that people should take a reference to a psalm out of context.

I suppose you also think that our Muslim president is a follower of Jeremiah Wright. By the way, the clips of his sermons were also taken out of context.

You bet I'll vote. In fact, posts like yours and videos like this one help inspire me to make a lot more phone calls to make sure others do too. Thank you!

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
          The carefully edited video is designed for those who have restricted access to information or limited ability to engage in critical analysis. The video does show though that we have a president who is cognizant of diplomacy and has greatly increased world respect for this country - just leave the "fox bubble" and see the real world. Remember the world gave him the Nobel Peace Prize. Obama graduated from Harvard Law School and had an open ticket to make a lot of money - instead he became a "community organizer" devoted to help people who were less fortunate then him. Romney went to Harvard Law School and has devoted his life to making as much money as possible - regardless of how many lives he destroys. He has taken tax avoidance to an art form. He unapologetically pays 13% tax rate on $20 million in income - probably less in other years he won't show us - or taking advantage of the tax amnesty program in 2009 for his Swiss Bank accounts. He hides his money in the Cayman Islands and who knows were else. He has changed his position on virtually every issue for political expediency.

Yes, I agree you should judge a person on his actions not words. And by their actions the choice is real simple. If you make under $250k, are a woman, or proclaim to be a Christian you should vote for Obama.
          Well said!
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I am not displeased with this reaction to my opinion. It does not change my opinion of whom I shall vote for but I am pleased with you folks who do have a strong opinion of who you wish to vote for. You too are patriotic and have studied your candidate and unlike myself, you will be voting FOR someone. I must vote my conscience and again, vote against the worse of the bad. In all of my voting life, I only voted one time FOR a candidate. I applaud you for your strong views. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Ditto to : "By his own word does he finally tell the Truth."

Not much more to add, other than a LOT of folks LOVE the bumper stickers on our vehicles (even taking pictures of them): "Bend over here comes the Change".

(not really surprised to see that it seems to be Florida vs. California....I have an 'airhead' son that lives there...)

Comment

Originally posted by ohboy View Post
                ditto to : "by his own word does he finally tell the truth."

not much more to add, other than a lot of folks love the bumper stickers on our vehicles (even taking pictures of them): "bend over here comes the change".
                lol.

Comment

The biggest problem I have with Obama is that his EPA is trying to shut down two coal-fired generating plants in Arizona -- Four Corners and Springerville. If they shut down, Phoenix will have rolling black-outs during the summer months, and I don't need to tell you how uncomfortable that would make us here in the desert.

I don't normally vote for Republicans, and I don't like Romney, but this makes it nearly impossible for me to vote for Obama this time around.

Not that it really matters in Arizona-- one of the reddest of all the states. I doubt my vote will make much of a difference anyways.
                  The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                  "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                  Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
                    The biggest problem I have with Obama is that his EPA is trying to shut down two coal-fired generating plants in Arizona -- Four Corners and Springerville. If they shut down, Phoenix will have rolling black-outs during the summer months, and I don't need to tell you how uncomfortable that would make us here in the desert.

I don't normally vote for Republicans, and I don't like Romney, but this makes it nearly impossible for me to vote for Obama this time around.

Not that it really matters in Arizona-- one of the reddest of all the states. I doubt my vote will make much of a difference anyways.
                    Well the truth is coal is bad. The good news is that with the price of natural gas now they should be able to convert the plants and actually save money. Climate changes is real and man's contribution is overwhelmingly supported. We need to get rid of all coal plants now and as an interim convert to natural gas which only produces @ 1/3rd of the CO2, until we can get to more renewable carbon free alternatives.
                    Bush/Cheney use to have the 1% doctrine - if there is a 1% chance of a terrorists action we would take them out first. We should be applying that philosophy to man made global warming. It would be so helpful to this country on many levels.

Comment

I also don't normally vote for Republicans, and I don't like Romney, but I will be voting for him this time, as will all my family. In fact, I got a telephone call today from someone doing a political poll (they didn't say who they were calling on behalf of) and they asked me who I would be supporting for Congress--Barber or the other person (don't remember their name) and if the election were held today would I vote for Romney or Obama. To the first question, I responded that I don't like Barber, and I did not research the other person, so I have no idea. To the second question, I said that although I dislike Romney, I dislike Obama even more, and that I would vote for the Devil himself over Obama.

And I am not kidding. Please remember to vote AGAINST Obama and help save our country from even worse economic collapse, and possible civil war!

Comment

Originally posted by bcohen View Post
                        .....I dislike Obama even more, and that I would vote for the Devil himself over Obama.Why exactly do you dislike Obama?

And I am not kidding. Please remember to vote AGAINST Obama and help save our country from even worse economic collapse, and possible civil war!
                        What "exactly" has Obama done to cause this economic collapse you are talking about. You are asking people to not vote for him based on your personal "feelings" what facts do you have to support your position?

Comment

Originally posted by bcohen View Post

I am voting for Obama. Voting for Romney would mean voting for an economic collapse. The one that started with Bush.

Possible civil war? With the extremists who like to call themselves tea partiers and their willingness to shut down the government so their rich buddies can get a tax break? Possibly. But that's not on Obama, that's on the republicans, the party that those extremists have run under.

Comment

I cannot give a source as this came through to me by email. I'll take credit for it as I agree with this:

During his speeches during and after the DNC convention Obama has offered no new ideas to better his lack of success, relying on Bill Clinton to whine that Obama needs more time to succeed. When Obama was running in 2008 Obama promised with no qualifications, and was elected on the premise, that he would rapidly fix the economy if he was President. There was no hint that it would take longer than one term, or that he was unsure that what he wanted to do would work. No, Obama was very definite that his plan would keep unemployment below 8% and that the 5 trillion in debt that he has accrued would invigorate the economy. Well that didn't work and now the Dems want Americans to ignore the expensive failures of this administration and get a "do over."

Obama counts on his "low information voters", the basically ignorant but devout followers to ignore the truth and believe his lies about Romney and not dwell on his own failures. His biggest asset, the media, completely in Obama's pocket, doesn't hold him accountable for the gaffes, errors, falsehoods and mis-speaks. Where is the "60 Minutes" articles on "Fast and Furious" or on the financial relationship that GM now has with Communist China, with 70% of all GM cars being made outside the US. Where is the media outrage over the jobs that Obama has shipped to China as part of the deals made with China SAIC (Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation) and now hosts GM's research and development program? Where is that being looked at by the press?

Well they don't ask so Obama's "give me four more years" plea is not questioned or doubted as a fool's choice.

We need the questions. We need strong media reporters to acknowledge that his first ideas to strengthen the economy just wrong guesses. We need someone to correlate that Obama cost us a 33% jump in our debt that our kids must now have around their necks. We need a smart unbiased media to report that his first ideas failed, and ask why would his second, third or fourth guesses do any better? Why should he be trusted? It is clear from the facts alone that Obama is obviously over his head and relies on very few tools to solve problems. Step one for every issue is a speech to propose higher taxes for "the rich" and blames the previous administration. Step two after the Republicans have correctly answered back with a more effective cost-cutting approach, Obama GIVES ANOTHER SPEECH stating helplessness because of GOP interference. Step three is the issue remains unresolved as Obama refuses to show any statesmanship to reach across the isle to solve the problem to help America. Repeat over and over and that is Obama's administration in a nutshell.

During Obama's presidency he has done little to prevent our enemies from building atomic weapons while he has unilaterally reduced our ability to respond in kind. Our debt has grown by AT LEAST one third and welfare rolls have swelled and food stamps users have grown exponentially. He and the DOJ ran illegal guns across the border to Mexico resulting in the deaths of both Mexican and American law enforcement agents, and even though it is clear that laws were ignored and broken, NO personnel have been indicted, disciplined or fired with Eric Holder now hiding behind Obama's skirts. Obama has distanced himself from Israel with even the DNC platform ignoring Jerusalem until public outcry forced them to take a voice vote that clearly showed the Democrat's true opinion.

With the world watching, a voice vote was taken during the DNC convention to reinstate both Jerusalem and "GOD" back in the Democratic platform. It was easy to see that the hand-selected delegates, the cream of the Democrats in this country arrayed in front of the DNC stage were split or against placing either back in their platform. The division and boos were audible and clearly different from what was read off the teleprompter that had a pre-recorded (and incorrect) result that stated that by a two-third majority the motion was carried. This showed without a doubt to America the Democrats' real attitude towards GOD as well as their ability to twist the truth and openly lie to achieve their goals.

America has been asked by Obama and the Democrats to give another four years to a man, clearly incompetent and unqualified who has provided absolutely no leadership or positive guidance to help an economy that is flat lined and weak. He has spent trillions of dollars, mostly borrowed from the Chinese and that our kids will spend their lifetime repaying, for no good return. He is supported by the DNC who is obviously no friend to Israel and more interested in maintaining power than having GOD as part of their lives. But the Democrats and Obama wants four more years.

Four more? For what? Nope, it should be four less.

Obama needs to go.

Andre' D.
                            Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 09-12-2012, 05:26 AM.

Comment

To add to this conversation: I appreciate all who have a different opinion as I. To the poster above who feels his vote does not, or may not count, VOTE. Every vote counts by every voter. If you feel this way, you can figure one truth; your vote cancelled your oppositions vote whomever you vote for. "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
                              Voltaire
                              "I do not agree with what you have to..." - Evelyn Beatrice Hall quotes from BrainyQuote.com

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
                                I am voting for Obama. Voting for Romney would mean voting for an economic collapse. The one that started with Bush.

Possible civil war? With the extremists who like to call themselves tea partiers and their willingness to shut down the government so their rich buddies can get a tax break? Possibly. But that's not on Obama, that's on the republicans, the party that those extremists have run under.
                                I am a registered Democrat. Obama has fixed it. He made a speech and spent us into the upcoming crash. I dislike Romney as Cain was my man. What happened to him? What usually does, the Dem's assassinated his reputation (until he quit). I'd rather take a chance on what I do not know, than trust what I've already seen. But, I do respect your opinion and beliefs. Keep them strong as I'm not attempting to change them. But do respect mine. We are both Americans. 'Hub

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X