$1200 Eggroll!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$1200 Eggroll!!

Ok, stopped by to get chinese food to go on my way home Tuesday night and she says, "12.52." Well, we order the same thing each time and its always 17.02. So I said are you sure? She says, "oh I forgot the eggrolls!" Are you ready for this????? She had already punched in the 12 then instead of backspacing typed in the add'l numbers of 17.02 AND CHARGED MY DEBIT CARD $1217.02!! <OH NO SHE DITINT> Yep, she did!! Then she says, I don't know how to fix it!!!!!!! So I called me bank, who happened to also be their bank and they assured me they had reverse the charge after speaking to the manager. The best part is I only had $200 in my account!

Anyway, checked my account he next day and yep, overdrawn by over a thousand bucks!!! Call the manager at my branch and he assured me he would fix it. In the meantime I moved money from savings to cover it. Thank goodness this didn't happen a year ago. I had no savings then! Anyway, its now Friday and still no money! The bank told me I needed to cancel my debit card and file a fraud claim. I refused. So, the owner knows the bank manager and agreed to write me a check for the amount that is supposed to go through at midnight tonight. Everyone has been very nice and it was an honest mistake, but it seems they can take your money instantly, but can never seem to give it back as quick!!!

Oh, the BESTEST part. After the manager talked to the bank on the phone that night and said the problem was fixed (took close to an hour), she looks at me and says, "how would you like to pay for this, cash or credit?????" And how was your day????????????????????????????
    Last edited by CindyLou; 11-10-2006, 09:58 PM.
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Thats nuts! Maybe time to find a new chinese place, lol!

Comment

One thing for sure "it's never in our favor"................................
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Usually, this kind of thing happens to me!
        Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
        Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Originally posted by Minnymouth View Post
          One thing for sure "it's never in our favor"................................
          Yep, our toast sure does seem to fall butter side down a lot, doesn't it?
          I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
          06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
          07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
          10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
          01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
          09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
          06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
          08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
          Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Isn't it odd that the things that should have the simplest solutions tend to wind up being the most convoluted??!!

Now you wait,........... The Bank will get it all straightened out. They'll put the money back in your acct, and you'll owe the Chinese Restaurant $1200!!

Isn't that the way it ALWAYS goes??!!
            Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
            Discharged - 12/2006
            Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
            Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

So, i finally got my money back today!!!!
              Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
                So, i finally got my money back today!!!!
                It took 8 days?

Comment

A very good reason not to use debit cards. I used mine for a while, but after a few of these freak charges and tip increases I stopped. No way did I want to risk my checking account which I need to pay my bills. At least with a credit card you can dispute a charge and not pay for it while they sort it out.

Or......the obvious......just pay cash. :-)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X