No announcement yet.

Video Gaming Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My days of gaming pretty much ended during the first generation Nintendo period. I must've had over 100 titles....I even got my name in Nintendo Power's high scorer feature!
    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

There was a person on Ebay selling a new PS3 for approximately $18,000. lol whoever buys it at this price is an idiot! There have also been reports of people using political influences to acquire a PS3!! Geesh!! is it really worth all that trouble? I also read that Nintendo's new Wii...is getting rave reviews from consumers that own them, and it was selling for half the price of a PS3.
      The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
        There was a person on Ebay selling a new PS3 for approximately $18,000. lol whoever buys it at this price is an idiot! There have also been reports of people using political influences to acquire a PS3!! Geesh!! is it really worth all that trouble? I also read that Nintendo's new Wii...is getting rave reviews from consumers that own them, and it was selling for half the price of a PS3.
        Heard the same...now, I bet it's impossible to locate the Nintendo Wii (who comes up with these weird names?)
        Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
        Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Originally posted by AMISLANDER View Post
          Heard the same...now, I bet it's impossible to locate the Nintendo Wii (who comes up with these weird names?)
          The Wii (pronounced as the pronoun "we", IPA: /wiː/) is Nintendo's seventh-generation video game console. The two "ii" are supposed to represent two gamers playing side-by-side/face-to-face.

Comment

I'm guessing that they're all sold out now before Xmas, right? My 8 year old wants Star Wars Lego for Xbox & my 10 year old wants Need for Speed Underground 2 for PS2....plus Pokemon cards....
            Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,

Comment

Most likely! The Wii, and PS3 will be a dime-a-dozen after the holidays though. And...the second batch that gets released will have most of the bugs worked out too.

Comment

We wont be purchasing the wii until next summer. We've been Nintendo buyers since the very first nintendo system. We picked up Playstations at the pawn shops at very cheap prices and do enjoy the PS2 we have. The PS2 functions as an extra DVD player and cd player if my memory serves me correctly. I just purchased another game cube from ebay to replace the game cube that was stolen last summer. I have to say I was disappointed in the number of cube games that were not centered around gang violence, military excursions and sports. Our famly is into games like Spyro, Zelda, Banjo Kazooie, Mario Bros, etc. The girls have outgrown games like Pokemon, Mario Party, etc. and enjoy the adventure games. I will be purchasing Twilight Princess for the game cube and my youngest daughter is very excited about all the cool graphics and bosses of the new game.

We have always been a year behind in purchasing new gaming systems. I prefer to wait until prices come down and I can see what games have been developed. I hope the game developers for the Wii come out with more adventure games and less football, golf, tennis and basketball games.

Comment

Unless you're a got-to-own-it-now type of person, renting games, and buying used games are an excellent way to save money too!

Comment

We shop at the pawn shop all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                      We shop at the pawn shop all the time

Comment

PC Gamer4life

Don't get me wrong, I love some console games, but over the past 5 years, PC is my thing. My video card is worth almost as much as the PS3...thanks to my friend who builds a new PC every year, I got a great deal....he cut me some slack since his new MOBO called for PCI-xpress
                        When it all boils down to it, its just numbers! Your credit score, your interest rate, your bank account, and your net worth if you're fortunate enough to have one......is your happiness really defined by numbers?

Comment

Ordered my kids Need for Speed Underground PS2 and my other one's Lego Star Wars 2 for xbox yesterday and Amazoned it. shipping was free, I didn't have to wrap...what more could I ask for?....

Comment

Boxes of Wii Nintendo consoles. Wii outsold rival PlayStation 3 by more than double in the United States in November as the freshly launched video game consoles vied with Xbox 360 for devotees, figures showed.(AFP/Shaun Curry)

I'm not sure if this is because Nintendo released more Wii's on its launch date, than Sony released PS3's.

Comment

Yeah - I think Sony really blew it with their assembly/distribution problems - I think everyone except the most avid gamers just shrugged their shoulders at the PS3 because they know it isn't going to be readily available for a long time.

Comment

They are becoming more readily available now. While I am not a particular fan of Sony's, this wasn't all completely their fault. Lack of the blue laser diode that runs the Blu-Ray drive in the PS3 is what has really caused the shortage. Incidentally, this is also the same laser that reads HD-DVD discs, just a different way.

Then of course you have all the scumbag scalpers who are only in it for the money. The market for gouging has come crashing down, and now we should see those leeches slinking away back to their rocks. I did about 2-3 days of research and was able to walk right into an EB Games and purchase a PS3 for retail.

I think the biggest thing that Nintendo has going for it is that it is half the price of the PS3. That and the new novel control scheme has helped, but until I really get some time with it myself (have to wait and see if a friend gets it, I won't be an unpaid beta tester) it is little more than a gimmick.

At any rate, there has never been a better time to be a gaming fan. The Xbox 360 is rocking with killer titles like GoW, Nintendo may be helping to revolutionize the industry, and no matter what people think, the PS3 is one heckuva machine that really has the power to do some truly amazing things, it just is going to take time to implement them. And last but not least the PC can never be discounted, it will always be right there in one iteration or another.

The future is so bright....
                                Filed Ch 7: 12/27/07
                                341: 2/6/08
                                Discharged: 4/11/08
                                Finally closing: ???

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X