No announcement yet.

Video Gaming Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've come across a couple of PS3's when I was at Walmart...but I definately ain't going to pay the $499.99 for the console!!! lol Just not worth the monies in my opinion. I can definately, think of better ways to spend or save the money! :-)
    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

I hear ya! I'd love to get one for my husband and a Wii for me but not at those prices.
      Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
      Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

I'm actually seeing more PS3's on shelves now than I've seen Wii's!!! I still can't justify the price of the PS3 when you consider that it's game inventory isn't so stellar yet. The Wii or XBox360 is definately the way to go "now" if you want one of the new gaming consoles..because they have a better selection of games out.
        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Wow! what a well read thread I said!
          Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
          Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Sony announced that they will released the base-model version of the PS3 in the United States on November 2nd. This model PS3 will have a 40 gig-HD, and and will not be able to play PS2 games like the more expensive models, and will retail at $399. Sony most likely created this version console to surge sagging sales of thier 3rd generation console which is lagging way behind Microsofts XBox360, and Nintendo's Wii.

Comment

By "limited" newer version & not "open-ended", Sony impliedly admited they are loosing on the big game market already...

Comment

I'm really surprised that Sony has been slipping so much with regards to the game inventory for the PS3...you would've thought that they would've had a more solid inventory of quality games available to help warrant the purchase of the PS3.

Comment

For one reason, the problem is PS3 is harder to crack!.. so less serious gamers willing to invest in PS3 games over time... I ordered mod chips on both XBOX & PS2, and find out most chips for XBOS are much easier (i.e., less solder pins, easy wiring diagram, no accidental kill hot spots) to solder than PS ones. Futhermore, the following reasons are:

1. XBOX code/firmware is windows-alike (written by MS) and can be easily to hack to turn it into a another PC or server/linux machine serving as game server, to play games online free w/o paying MS online fees, etc. Many firmwares can be downloaded easily from net and many expert advices available on how to hack, etc.

2. XBOX games are easily to copy/modified into CD/DVD than PS3 games (especially with blue ray options, etc.)

3. XBOS hardware/machine is easily to re-modified, with off-the-shelf components for regular PCs, i.e., hard drive, network, etc.

If you talk about not-serious gamers, they have no problem buy one game per month... but I am talking about serious hackers.. they like to buy many games, hack, then re-ditsribute hacked games for their friends on Internet.

Comment

I guess my little blue game cube that my sons left with me could become a good planter? It's from 2002...way outdated? What do I do with it? Save it until it becomes an antique?
                    Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,

Comment

The Gamecube is good console---performance wise, and has a pretty good inventory of games...new games for this console are pretty cheap, and a person can save a bundle by simply buying used GC games. I have noticed that GC games have become pretty scarce are retailers like, WalMart, Target, Best Buy, and Circuit City, and the better/larger selection of games are at video game stores typically found in local malls.

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
                        The Gamecube is good console---performance wise, and has a pretty good inventory of games...new games for this console are pretty cheap, and a person can save a bundle by simply buying used GC games. I have noticed that GC games have become pretty scarce are retailers like, WalMart, Target, Best Buy, and Circuit City, and the better/larger selection of games are at video game stores typically found in local malls.

So I guess I should just put it in the closet and save it for them. I don't use it (maybe I should...for stress mgt.? lol) and I don't even know if we have the plug ins for hands...getting dementia here & forgot what they're even called. It must be Friday in my brain!

Comment

It's always fun to play video games on past (classic) gaming consoles...

Comment

My sons got the Wii...

...it was the "family" gift this year....my 11 year old said he couldn't stop jumping up & down...

Clueless me, decided that I would get each of my sons (11 & 9) the ipod cd docking stations...then saw how many different types there were & just sent them each a check so they could go shop and pick out their own. It was much easier & I saved a bunch of money on shipping charges (that I can apply to my car insurance next month)...lol

Comment

We (boyfriend and I) bought ourselves a Wii. Mostly for Guitar Hero III. I absolutely LOVE that game. I've since purchased two solo games (that I've wanted), and other games we purchased were party type games, i.e. more than 1 person can play at a time, for when we have guests. We're not into board games much.

Oh my God I absolutely LOVE our Wii!!!! And the cool thing is it'll play Gamecube games.
                              Chapter 13 Filed "Old Law"
                              Filed: 6/2003 Confirmed: 3/2004
                              Early pay off sent: 10/05/2007 - 9 months early
                              11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

Originally posted by chpxiii View Post
                                We (boyfriend and I) bought ourselves a Wii. Mostly for Guitar Hero III. I absolutely LOVE that game. I've since purchased two solo games (that I've wanted), and other games we purchased were party type games, i.e. more than 1 person can play at a time, for when we have guests. We're not into board games much.

Oh my God I absolutely LOVE our Wii!!!! And the cool thing is it'll play Gamecube games.
                                My 11 year old also received Guitar hero III...see I have no clue that it's used on wii too?!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X