No announcement yet.

How Much Do You Make A Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've gone from $45k to $21,600. after being laid off of my job after 12 years, last June...
    And not much hope of re-entering the job market since I'm 55 and they tend to hire young people in my field... I'll have to find some kind of new career.
    <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
    FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

I went from paying myself $135,000 a year to $0 this last year due to the economy. And now my business is gone completly.
      Filed CH7 1-28-09
      341 3-6-09
      Discharge 5-15-09
      Closed 5-15-09

Comment

I'm making 75k-80k but still not enough to make a living this days...

Comment

NowI'mDownInIt: My parents, pre-divorce, used to make 50k in TXCity (Dad was a teacher in Houston). They lived in a converted garage, rented as an apt. Eek.

Me: I do CraigsList and ghostwriting. Probably make less than 2k/year with what I do. I SAH with 4 children. Doesn't pay well since they all belong to me. LOL.
          Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
          341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

I have always read that it's not what you make, but what you save.

That will be us in the future!! Woohoo!!
            Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
            341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

Originally posted by thefiredevil View Post
              I'm making 75k-80k but still not enough to make a living this days...
              That is me basically, waz about 90-92k, now with no OT about 69-72K (base is 68K), down here that ain't much. My neighbor went from $900 a week to 400, how are people coping???????????? High paid Techs from Motorola are working $10 an hour at Owens and Minor locally, they had to submit frigging resumes for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The State is talking about a one day per month furlough for wifey's job.

PA, I can't imagine what you are passing through. At 21K that would be it, I would have to walk away, not from family but from cars and house.
              "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

hmmmm its not even a question. only female can as for this question
                Home Mortgage Loan

Comment

Originally posted by BkinTX View Post
                  NowI'mDownInIt: My parents, pre-divorce, used to make 50k in TXCity (Dad was a teacher in Houston). They lived in a converted garage, rented as an apt. Eek.

Me: I do CraigsList and ghostwriting. Probably make less than 2k/year with what I do. I SAH with 4 children. Doesn't pay well since they all belong to me. LOL.
                  LOL! I love that! I stay home also
                  4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                  5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                  7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                  7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

In 2008, I cleared just over $42k. This year, I expect to pull in just over $36k. In 2010, assuming I don't get laid off from my job, I can expect to pull in either $26k, or $28k depending on whether or not they implement the pay cuts they're talking about.
                    Filed Ch7 Pro Se: 11/19/09; 341 Meeting: 12/23/09; Discharged: 03/01/10, Closed: 03/08/10

Comment

Was feeling horrible about making 80,000 this year and thinking about Ch.13 ,but after seeing some of the other incomes,Don`t feel quite as bad.........Wish I had something to blame it on instead of credit cards and bad judgement though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

it's not how much you make, it's how much you spend...
                        Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

I think it's insane that many so many people make over 50K and they're still having money troubles. It really goes to show you that the more money you have, the more problems. You get paid more, you spend more and you go crazy. Heck, if I had that much money, I would probably do the same thing. Rich or not, I'd still be applying for bankruptcy. :P

Comment

Household income of $108k and still in BK after 18 months of unemployment.

Comment

Mid-30's

Comment

Went from making 70k plus to 30k. Laid off last April. Now starting over again at 46 years old in a completely different field.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X