• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas today is 2.32 it was 2.36 this morning.. hmmmm

Comment

Running about 2.55 around here.

Comment

One store has turkeys at $.37 a pound. Can it go cheaper?
        Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

$.37 WOW! Good for you.

I picked up a couple of turkeys today for $.49/lb today.
          ==================================
          Filed: 4-30-2010
          341 Complete: 6-16-2010
          Discharged and Closed 8/17/2010

Comment

Frozen turkeys, all sizes, are $0.22/lb at Winco stores w/ a $50 purchase in Portland, OR metro area.

A gallon of milk is $1.98 at several stores, usual price.

Butternut squash are $0.69 each.

Round and rump roasts (for pot roasts) often on sale for $1.98/lb at SafeWay.

McDonald's? I haven't eaten their junk food for 20 years, so who cares?
            “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

For fun we looked at prices on cars in our area. The cheapest we found was a Chevy Colorado pickup for 22,000.00 in the little truck catagory. I do remember buying a chevy half ton in 1991 for 16,500 with all the bells and whisles. So, we looked at those and they were 25,000.00 with a 4,000.00 rebate. I have to say my income and the incomes of millions of Americans has dropped yet prices keep going up on about everything including trucks which are being made with cheaper wages in Mexico etc. I went to the mall too and all the labels say China or Thailand none were America. Even Lucky that use to brag about being American jeans and was over 100.00 has a line that is 88.00 in stretch demin instead of good ole cotton demin and they were made overseas. Levis is Pakistan now. These companies went for the cheaper labor but prices are way up... where are the profits going since they are not passing them on to all of us after stealing our jobs? Food is cheap and made in America by Americans for the most part. I know that they bring in migrant workers too, but a little area like ours has few and the farms were not having to mark their prices up 3 times to get by, so why could companies not make goods here really? I think it has to do with more profits. We do have a few goods that come in from Mexico but few buy them here.

Comment

Bought a pork roast today. $.79 a pound!
                Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Learn to live without food.. hmmm sounds like a message from our lobby paid off elected by the best money anyone can bribe government people. lol

Comment

I have found true joy in lentil soup. I add in fresh garlic, purple onion, cummin, shredded cheddar cheese & some sour cream & I'm not only healthy but full for two days @ 2.39/can. However, now with all the packaging problems re: what they're finding in metal cans, I might have to make the soup from scratch, probably cheaper anyhow. It's low calorie & full of protein.
                    Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
                    Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Originally posted by AMISLANDER View Post
                      I have found true joy in lentil soup. I add in fresh garlic, purple onion, cummin, shredded cheddar cheese & some sour cream & I'm not only healthy but full for two days @ 2.39/can. However, now with all the packaging problems re: what they're finding in metal cans, I might have to make the soup from scratch, probably cheaper anyhow. It's low calorie & full of protein.
                      I'm sure it would be much better also!

Comment

i can understand the fascination with new cars but why buy new when you can buy used? it's cheaper to fix most used cars than it is to pay a monthly payment. as for buying american, won't happen. american made products are just too expensive for us mere mortals.
                        Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Yes, if we ever buy a car again it will be new. But the prices.. oh my, the prices even on used.. wow! Mine is paid for so I will keep the cheap little thing. lol

Comment

To continue with Food prices. 80/20 Hamburger meat 4.99 a pound on sale. T-bone 7.99 a pound on sale this week. Tomatoes the cheapest were cherry and they were 2.29 for a little pint. I can also toss out the sausauge egg sandwich at McD's here is 3.90 with tax only the sandwich, I did find one in springfield that is 3.45 with tax.

Comment

Originally posted by momisery View Post
                              To continue with Food prices. 80/20 Hamburger meat 4.99 a pound on sale. T-bone 7.99 a pound on sale this week. Tomatoes the cheapest were cherry and they were 2.29 for a little pint. I can also toss out the sausauge egg sandwich at McD's here is 3.90 with tax only the sandwich, I did find one in springfield that is 3.45 with tax.
                              Are you talking about the sausage and egg biscuit?

I picked up two yesterday morning for $2.14 including tax! It's crazy how the cost differs from region to region. I'm in SC.

Comment

Yep, that is the one. It is interesting to note that both SC and my area are under the median income too. I would love 2.14... I was shocked at the high grocery prices in this area! I lived in Columbia for a few years and back then most employers had BCBS like we do and both towns are about the same size. Our healthcare is costly here too, like SC was. YOu would think areas with lower incomes should cost less, but the only thing cheaper here was housing, and that is changing now. Prices are cheaper in relationship to wages in lots of areas that have better jobs. This could cause a lot of people to move out which will not help these areas at all. I wonder why things are so different? One would think our doctors and hospitals would be cheaper, but they are not.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X