No announcement yet.

Religion Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone saw this movie? I have not, but it is on my list.
    Riddles in stone - Secret Architechture of Washington D.C.

I think it deals with religion, that is why I am posting the link. But again, I have not yet seen the film yet.

"Riddles In Stone: Secret Architecture of Washington, D.C.", will continue to explore the fascinating history behind the origins and focus of the world's most powerful nation: America. Why was this nation founded? How was the precise location of Washington, D.C., determined? What is the meaning of the seemingly countless occult images in our nation's capitol? Volume II zeroes in on the Masonic & Rosicrucian influence so prevalent amongst our Founding Fathers as they planned, and began to implement, the layout of America's Capitol. For years, extreme controversy has abounded as to the exact meaning of the occult symbols found within the street layout, the buildings, and the monuments of Washington, D.C. Is there really an inverted Pentagram formed by the street layout just north of the White House? We have discovered the esoteric reason why this Pentagram is missing one segment. Was this city laid out to reflect the vision of a Masonic Christ foreseen by Sir Francis Bacon? Is it true that America's capitol was laid out "according to the stars", i.e., in the astrological shapes of certain planets and stars so revered by occultists? Why did our Masonic Founding Fathers perform "Corn, Wine, and Oil" ceremonies at cornerstone layings and at the dedication of the finished structure? Does this occult "wisdom" represent the interests of America, or a hidden agenda? As with Volume I, this "Secret Mysteries" series will continue to explore current -- and possibly future -- events by examining America's past. What can these realities mean for the unfolding destiny of America and the world? Now you will know that, when President Bush said he was fulfilling the "Ancient Hope" of the "New Order of the Ages" (as we show in Volume I), he was merely acting out the plan reflected in the street layout and in the architecture of Washington, D.C. 3 hour video"
    Last edited by BankruptPinoy; 07-16-2008, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BankruptPinoy View Post
      "Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."--the buddha

i think jesus said stuff like that too when he criticized the religous hierarchy of his day. It was religion & fear of the elitist that killed him or so the story goes.

Comment

David Icke on religion: "Religion is the greatest form of mind control and potential suppression yet invented. God save us from religion."

"Write on my gravestone: infidel, traitor---infidel to every church
        that compromises with wrong-traitor to every government that
        oppresses people"-- Wendell Phillips

Bill Hicks--"The world is like a ride in an amusement park and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds
        are. And the ride goes up and down and around and around and it has
        thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud.
        And it's fun - for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a
        long time, and they begin to question; is this real? Or is this just a
        ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, and
        they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because... this is
        just a ride."

While consciously pursuing your spiritual development is commendable,
        joining an established religion such as Christianity, Islam, or
        Hinduism is one of the worst ways to go about it. In this article I'll
        share 10 reasons why you must eventually abandon the baggage of
        organized religion if you wish to pursue conscious living in earnest.

Since Christianity is currently the world's most popular religion,
        I'll slant this article towards Christianity's ubiquitous failings.
        However, you'll find that most of these points apply equally well to
        other major religions (yes, even Buddhism).

1. Spirituality for dummies.

If you have the awareness level of a snail, and your thinking is mired
        in shame and guilt (with perhaps a twist of drug abuse or suicidal
        thinking), then subscribing to a religion can help you climb to a
        higher level of awareness. Your mindset, however, still remains
        incredibly dysfunctional; you've merely swapped one form of erroneous
        thinking for another.

For reasonably intelligent people who aren't suffering from major
        issues with low self-esteem, religion is ridiculously
        consciousness-lowering. While some religious beliefs can be
        empowering, on the whole the decision to formally participate in a
        religion will merely burden your mind with a hefty load of false
        notions.

When you subscribe to a religion, you substitute nebulous group-think
        for focused, independent thought. Instead of learning to discern truth
        on your own, you're told what to believe. This doesn't accelerate your
        spiritual growth; on the contrary it puts the brakes on your continued
        conscious development. Religion is the off-switch of the human mind.

Leave the mythology behind, and learn to think for yourself. Your
        intellect is a better instrument of spiritual growth than any
        religious teachings.

2. Loss of spiritual depth perception.3. Engineered obedience training.4. Toilet-bowl time management.5. Support your local pedophile.6. Incest is best.7. Idiocy or hypocrisy - pick one.8. Inherited falsehood.

Please tell me you aren't still practicing the religion you happened
        to be born into? Surely you've outgrown your baby clothes by now.
        Isn't it time you also outgrew your baby religion?

What if you were born into a different culture? Would you have been
        conscious enough to find your way back to your current belief system?
        Or are your current beliefs merely a product of your environment and
        not the result of conscious choice?

Many religions are just a mish-mash of what came before. For example,
        Christianity is largely based on pagan rituals. If those pagan beliefs
        and rituals had been protected by copyright, Christianity wouldn't
        even exist. If you take the time to dig into the roots of
        Christianity, you'll encounter various theories that Christianity's
        teachings were largely assembled from pre-Christian myths and that
        Jesus himself was merely a fictional character pieced together from
        earlier mythical figures. You go, Horus!

Many religious teachers (i.e. priests, rabbis, ministers, etc.) are
        just brainwashed slaves themselves. They don't have any real authority
        and aren't even aware of the agenda being set by their superiors. This
        makes them better minions because they actually believe the B.S.
        they're spouting and don't know the truth behind it. A priest, a
        rabbi, and a minister walk into a bar, but that's as far as they get.
        They may interact with the bartender, but they never get to know the
        guy who owns the bar. They suffer from inherited falsehood just like
        everyone else.

Is your religion based on the inspired word of God? No more than this
        article. Just because someone says their text is divinely inspired
        doesn't mean it is. Anyone can claim divine inspiration. The top
        religions are decided by popularity, not by truth.

Even the central figures in major religions didn't follow the
        religions that were spawned in their names. If they didn't swallow the
        prevailing "wisdom" about gods and spiritual leaders and such, why
        should you? If you want to be more like the people you worship, then
        follow their lead by striking out on your own.

Move beyond your baby religion. Consider maturity as a reasonable alternative.

9. Compassion in chains.10. Faith is fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandit View Post
          I hear you & agree. Where we seem to disagree is in on the OP. If you go back & really read everything, from what I got was way more than just a thread on BK & Christians. There was an actual statement made that I took as an apology in a sense being made for the rude & mean christians & that not all christians are that way which I directly commented on. OP could not find much support online from Christians in BK. They also got into government & legislation & quite a few other things including personal experience of how BK came knocking.

The OP was loaded with many tangible things to talk about & we did. It was a very good discussion starter that people will view in many different ways but can also be appreciated.
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I was trying to decide where to start picking apart the half truths and untruths set forth in the post with information attributed to David Icke. But then I decided to save my breath (or fingers as it were) and say just this. Consider the source:

"In his book The Truth Vibrations (1991), Icke proclaimed himself the Son of God, destined to help remedy the imbalance of Earth's energies and ensure the survival of the planet. The book was disastrous to his television career, which rapidly came to an end, and Icke was widely ridiculed for his bizarre and outlandish beliefs. In a later book, The Robots Rebellion (1994), Icke claimed that the controversy and criticism had served a valuable purpose in giving him a platform from which to put forward his views to a wider public."

Comment

I like the pics in this thread.

you can see the copy here in DC. I have never been to Washington but you can see the white house res. & WHAT is that other building/monument in front of the building?

In DC, they copied the same exact monument from Rome & left the cross off. In DC it is by a huge shallow pool.

Comment

Originally posted by rfassett View Post

"In his book The Truth Vibrations (1991), Icke proclaimed himself the Son of God, destined to help remedy the imbalance of Earth's energies and ensure the survival of the planet. The book was disastrous to his television career, which rapidly came to an end, and Icke was widely ridiculed for his bizarre and outlandish beliefs. In a later book, The Robots Rebellion (1994), Icke claimed that the controversy and criticism had served a valuable purpose in giving him a platform from which to put forward his views to a wider public."

there are always people claiming that stuff.

Glad you could join in, rfassett

Comment

Wow, 'Pinoy, I can't read all that. It exhausts me. However, there is a very good book out of you can locate it. The Secret teachings of all ages, by Manley P. Hall. It was once sued off of printing by the Masons as it gave away some of their secrets. It is in print again on soft cover. I had an original in hard cover but it go ruined when wife left the tub run over once.

It talks of Masonic order, Rosacretions, Qabalists, etc. please excuse spelling. It even explains the symbols and yes the Catholic Church spun off and to capture those unlearned in their faith, took upon many Pagan customs. SUNday for instance. The worship of the Sun. Easter the worship of the goddess Ishtar. Christmas on that date when Christ was born in warm weather. The numbers in the Bible, 40 a number of struggle. 7 a number of completion and goodness. 6 the number of evil, 3 the number of Holiness, 12, (im not sure) and don't quote me as it has been years.

It is my opinion that there is God. A supreme being. What you wish to call him is incidental. In the Bible he declairs his name as "I AM" What does this mean? It means God does not care what you call him, he exists. The Bible implies, all things will be revealed IN THE END. This means there is more than what the handbook of life is telling. The Bible or the Tora, or the Koran, is the handbook. They basically say the same thing. Man written. Inspired? Probably or maybe. What makes us think we may not be just the only toy God has in the Universe? Perhaps there are other Earths with other Sons of God on them? We are only a minor solar system in this Galixy of millions of Galixies.

MAN THIS CAN GET DEEP. I'm outa here. 'Hub
                  If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

ok, but can we talk about christian Bankrutpcy in this thread or do we have to go to a different one for that?

Maybe I could start a new one called Hindusim and Bankruptcy.
                    It is more or less entertainment & great way to look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                      MAN THIS CAN GET DEEP. I'm outa here. 'Hub
                      Nope. you started it Cant just leave that easy.

It talks of Masonic order, Rosacretions, Qabalists, etc. please excuse spelling. It even explains the symbols and yes the Catholic Church spun off and to capture those unlearned in their faith, took upon many Pagan customs. SUNday for instance. The worship of the Sun. Easter the worship of the goddess Ishtar. Christmas on that date when Christ was born in warm weather. The numbers in the Bible, 40 a number of struggle. 7 a number of completion and goodness. 6 the number of evil, 3 the number of Holiness, 12, (im not sure) and don't quote me as it has been years.

It is my opinion that there is God. A supreme being. What you wish to call him is incidental. In the Bible he declairs his name as "I AM" What does this mean? It means God does not care what you call him, he exists. The Bible implies, all things will be revealed IN THE END. This means there is more than what the handbook of life is telling. The Bible or the Tora, or the Koran, is the handbook. They basically say the same thing. Man written. Inspired? Probably or maybe. What makes us think we may not be just the only toy God has in the Universe? Perhaps there are other Earths with other Sons of God on them? We are only a minor solar system in this Galixy of millions of Galixies.

Good stuff, just takes a long time to sift through it all. I also wonder about other galaxies & just how much could be going on in the universe that human finite minds could not see.

Comment

Hi rfassett. Well, for me, I liked this from the BBC: David Icke - Was He Right? - 46 min

"Channel 5 documentary from 12/26/06 which chronicles David Icke's career to present day, and asks the big question - Was he right? A very impartial and fair documentary."

I think it explains things more.

Have you seen George Carlin on religion on youtube? Or Bill Hicks on religion? Or Larry David on religion on youtube?

Please rfassett, don't think that I am making Bill Hicks, George Carlin, or David Icke my god. I believe I am God. I am god. I am my own god. lol. There I wrote it.

I'm not trying to fight with anyone. We're all just learning and expressing ideas, and discussing. I'm not saying this is right, and this is wrong. Who knows? But I do like to consider different things and different ways of thinking. Although I often find that it seems I go from one box to another. Seems like we as a people are always being controlled.

Maybe it's like this Cherokee man I talked to one time, saying there was an evil within him along with good. And whether he did good or bad depended upon which one he fed.

"My method is to post anything I find of interest, not what I believe to be true. I'm not here to be some sort of web dictator to say what is true, what should be on the web, or what should be shot down the memory hole."-Rob Daven

LOL-has anyone saw "Groundhog day"? "I'm a god. I'm not *the* God... I don't think."-Phil Connors

Bill Murray - Best scenes from the "Groundhog Day"

Rita: You're not a god. You can take my word for it; this is twelve years of Catholic school talking.

I'm not trying to fight or make fun of anyone's beliefs.

But for me, I've been dogmatic in religion and for me, I feel as if it was a waste and a form of control. But that's my opinion, and opinions are like elbows, everyone has two.
                        Last edited by BankruptPinoy; 07-16-2008, 11:36 AM.

Comment

lol Don't go AngelinaCatHub! At least come back tomorrow...I've got to go for now too. lol

Yeah, like Bandit wrote, you started it! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Bandit View Post
                            ok, but can we talk about christian Bankrutpcy in this thread or do we have to go to a different one for that?

Maybe I could start a new one called Hindusim and Bankruptcy.
                            It is more or less entertainment & great way to look at it.
                            LOLOLOL YES of course. You really got me going on that note. Love to you in God. Ooops. I mean, have a good day. LOL 'Hub

Comment

So which is it. AngelinaCatHub says that opinions are like belly buttons - everyone has one. And BankruptPinoy says that opinions are like elbows - everyone has two. Now I am getting real confused!

Comment

If you are a politician, you have two. If you are normal you have one, just like everyone else has an a-hole, except politicians, they married therefore they have two.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X