• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas in SC is around 2.65 give or take,,,,,,,
    http://www.southcarolinagasprices.com
    Thanks,

Chris

Comment

I'm in a VanPool right now and it's saving me a lot of money; however, I only have it guaranteed for the summer since some people bowed out for the summer due to vacations. I hope I can get on in the fall since it's saving me over $100 a month.
      *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

I am praying that I get a job closer to home as the commute is killing my budget and no one wants to carpool!!! It's also terrible for the environment. I figured that I would save at least $2,000 per year in gasoline alone!!
        Filed: 2/24/2006
        341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
        Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by jane taylor
          I am praying that I get a job closer to home as the commute is killing my budget and no one wants to carpool!!! It's also terrible for the environment. I figured that I would save at least $2,000 per year in gasoline alone!!
          I believe it! I was so lucky with this vanpool. I called the coordinator and was asking questions and joking around with her. Apparently, I had left a good impression and she told the guy who ran the local pool to move me up before two other people on the waiting list. I pay $135 per month and my work reimburses it.

I'm not sure where you live, but we have tons of internet sites--some city and county sponsored--where people can meet-up virtually to discover people that want to carpool

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

I live in a very backwards thinking state--Mississippi! It is beautiful where I live, but there are actually restaurants in the Delta that do not welcome African-American guests. Of course they cannot discriminate, but it is a known fact that all guests are not welcome. Unbelievable!! Oh, and the same restaurant has a front table where all the business MEN congregate to exchange information/gossip! I have seriously considered sitting my big rear-end down right there among them!!

Don't know why I got off on that tangent! Must be the ADD ! Yep, we still have our share of rednecks!
            Filed: 2/24/2006
            341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
            Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Heck, let's get really off topic. Why did you choose "Jane Taylor" for your username?

Comment

At the Shell by my house it's $3.31.
                Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
                Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

I just read an article in the Chicago Sun Times that the states are seeing large increases in revenue due to the higher prices of gas. It is what I thought. There is no incentive to bring down gas prices. Also another article said that these prices are not affecting consumers because of wages have risen dramatically since 2001. HUh........I must have missed that. I cannot believe that no one else (except us here) are being affected. I mean think about all the minimum wage workers across the US who have to get to their jobs, how can they afford 3.00-3.50 for gas on their hourly wage. It is impossible. My prediction is look for BK rages to rise. I would bet a gallon of gas that most of the gas purchased is going on credit cards. I was doing that too, pre BK. Thing is, I would not realize how much I was spending, and I had to have the gas to get to work. Stay tuned folks, I would imagine BK's to rise end of year. Its getting to be a sad America.

Comment

Those low income filers (i.e. near minimum wage) will have to increase due to gas prices. It's not just the cost at the pumps--other prices are rising due to the increase in price of distribution. If you think veggies are highly priced in the winter, just wait until this year when you get that little extra more tacked on. (Yes, a dang dollar for a cucumber!) A little bit here and a little bit there adds up very quickly.

Comment

My van stays parked except to get me to and from school.

I need to save gas for the 30 mile commute so if I forget to get something I need those 4 days I teach, I do without! No public transport in my small town, and gas costs $3.17-3.20. And NO pay increase for part time lecturers of course...

Oh, and I put in an XTRA large garden this year...back to canning and freezing veggies, something I haven't bothered with in years. I ought to take up a neighbors offer to loan me her son's 4-H project pygmy goat to chomp my grass and fertilize it at the same time!!!
                      Last edited by Bobby'sGirl; 07-07-2006, 07:33 PM.
                      August '05 Business failed.
                      Spring '06 Found this site, thank heavens
                      Chap 7 (no asset) filed 11/10/06; 341:1/31/07
                      disharged 2/26; closed 4/17/07

Comment

the price of 87 octane ranges from $2.98 - $3.05 around here. one zip code also plays a role in the price you pay.
                        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Originally posted by jane taylor
                          I live in a very backwards thinking state--Mississippi! It is beautiful where I live, but there are actually restaurants in the Delta that do not welcome African-American guests. Of course they cannot discriminate, but it is a known fact that all guests are not welcome.
                          This sort of mentality and behavior is disgusting!
                          The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Originally posted by HRx
                            This sort of mentality and behavior is disgusting!
                            I agree. I grew up in the north. The first time I had been to the south, I saw in towns that had signs in business windows ranging from 'Everyone is Welcome' to 'Whites Only'. I had no idea that places like this still existed in the united states of america.

Comment

I had to pay $3.00 a gallon the other day--I'm not happy about it.

Comment

Bobby's, it's 3.14 per gallon here. We have an E350 Van. Wife only has to fill once every three weeks. Last time it took 81.00, before that 105.00. We watch driving it. And that "Oh, we could use your Van" or "Could you drive the kids..." has not been a problem, yet. I like the folks who become your weekend friends, "Oh you've got a truck". I've had that. Did it afew times, now it gets explained "Big Red don't haul", we have things delivered. Truck takes 75.00 - 80.00 per week, boys Buick, about 40 bucks. All this is killing me.

I took that from the Nobleman in 1492 Conquset of Paradise, "My horse does not perform manual labor".
                                "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X