Rising Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twuoo View Post
    I wonder how much is profit for the gas stations. What do the owners have to pay, or maybe it's just free gas forthem.
    I didn't need to gas up today, but passed a Shell that is selling regular at $3.59 BUT had a placard sign with big letters saying: "Regular $3.46 with oil change."

I'm sure some station owners are profiting from this, for there's too much discrepancy within zip codes, even for the same brand of gas.
    BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

I saw this morning where crude oil a barrel is $120.00 and they expect it to go to $180.00 a barrell. What's that going to make our gas prices go to?????????

Somebody is making BIG BUCKS off our backs. Part of it is the Saudis who say they will not increase production to releave the crunch...... they are controlling how many barrells are produced each day.... thus the high price of crude.

One thing for sure, MY CAR is staying parked a LOT............
      no unnecessary trips anywhere...... work and groceries only.....and grocery only every 2 weeks.

Instead of mowing the yard every 5-7 days NOW it will get mowed every 7-10 days....

By the way, the "locking gas caps" everybody talks about..... DUH, don't even need a key to open them... My guy at the gas pump opens them with his thumbnail........ DUH, what good are they......... other then to "maybe" discourage someone from stealing your gas.
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

I read an article in yesterday that said there was no end to raising prices in sight!!
        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Almost to the bus...

...I almost made it to the bus station this morning, but 1/2 way there I had to go back home because nature was calling & I didn't know if I was going to make it.

taking the bus is going to be a body adjustment as well as a life style adjustment...however, $30/month to get to work is a h*ll of a lot better than $30/week!!!

Anyone else switching methods of transportation?
          Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
          Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Shoot...I wish it only cost me $30 per week in gas!! lol I loath taking public transportation. Up here the cost of public transportation has been rising fast because of gas prices too. Gas prices have gone far beyond crazy!
            The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
              Shoot...I wish it only cost me $30 per week in gas!! lol I loath taking public transportation. Up here the cost of public transportation has been rising fast because of gas prices too. Gas prices have gone far beyond crazy!
              I asked my xboyfriend if it was going to be like taking the short bus & he said no, it's great...so if I have to get up at 5:15 (I do an hour at the gym before work, downtown), to fit in my exercise & shower/get dressed...bus leaves downtown SRQ at 7:45 a.m. & I get to work by 8:30....not too shabby! I haven't taken public trans since I lived in NYC....but I think ours is pretty good out here...And the gas is not going down...I'd trade in my 4Runner but being that the only thing I pay is insurance, I don't want a car payment either with the gas going up & up...it's a no win situation.
              Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,

Comment

Definately stay away from a car note if you can right now...unless you have deep pockets. I've been driving my 5sp V6 car this week, to save on some gas. My 4.5L V8 is a gas guzzler...but I got such a great deal on it because of this.

I can't hack public transpo...especially the subway during the summer, when it's hot, and smelly inside.
                Last edited by HRx; 04-23-2008, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I think I did hear a blip on the Tampa news that they're going to require police squad cars to go without a/c for 15 minutes of every hour of every shift...I can only imagine what's to come next....

I 'll see if SCAT has a/c...that may be a deciding factor....

Comment

Had an unexpected family situation after work today, so I HAD to gas up sooner than planned. Paid $3.62 for regular. I feel sick. ;(
                    BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

Yikes, FLBK7! While traveling into work this evening, I noted prices ranging from $3.52 to $3.60. The two lower ones, at $3.52 and $3.54, are cash only. My car's needle was firmly on 'E' so I had to get somewhere and gas up. My husband's SS came in today, but I had no cash, so I had to use the bankcard. $3.59 is pretty much the norm here--for now.....
                      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Apparently the there's no end in sight to rising gas prices!! $5.00 per gallon is supposedly be become a reality for some areas within the next year.

Comment

I haven't been on for awhile but wanted to see how everyone was handling the current gas situation. This is getting scary I think. I am going to Target this weekend to get a bike. It costs 79.00 and I will save about 30-40 dollars per week. I have 3 kids and it is hard to get them to events and school. How is the American family supposed to do this?

Debt is bad

Comment

Here in my area of NH I'm paying about $3.40/gal. It takes over $70 to fill my hubby's truck and he has to fill up at least 2x a week for his drive to work (which is only 30mins mostly highway).

That's over $450/mo for gas alone. Ugh.

updated to add: hubby says the station down by his work is at $4.45 a gal today. Good god, we can't afford that even AFTER we file
                            Last edited by cj0203; 04-25-2008, 01:34 PM.
                            CJ
                            341 on 8/3, determined NO ASSET
                            60 day wait was over on 10/3/08. Discharged 12/23/08

Comment

$3.71 a gallon in upstate NY this AM.......$65.00 to fill up my 97jeep grand cherokee........55 months to go on chapt 13.........
                              Chapter 13 Filed: 11/7/07
                              341: 12/11/07
                              Confirmed: 2/17/08

Comment

$3.91 for regular here now (Chevron). Thank heavens for Costco!!! They are still slightly cheaper.
                                Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
                                Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X