No announcement yet.

Rising Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been 3.15 here in South Georgia the last few days...Seems to be sticking for a minute...Hopefully going down sometime soon....Im spending more in gas than in rent...Looks like i need to live out of my car at work from now on...

Comment

Something is really "wrong" with our society when gas for your vehicle cost more than your rent or mortgage per month.........

Minny
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Gas is $2.89 here...this is bad topic for me to get into...so i think i will slip out before i let something i may regret slip out of my mouth!

Comment

Still won't sell Big Red. However I've been driving L'il Red (my 96' Chevy corsica) to work every day since 1999. 14 Gallons will go seven days. About 23 mpg. with the 3.1 V-6. Average speed to work 85-90 mph. Very early in the morning, we live out west and there is RARELY another car for several miles at that time on the Sawgrass or 75, 10 lanes in our area. These roads are straight and have excellent visibility. 10 years and haven't gotten a ticket and have even blown by afew Troopers (heart stop) and Cops most of whom are on their way to work (some of them pass me) and most are from my employer anyway. it is about average speed for that early time of day. once I hit Dade County I-75 the speed goes down to about 70-80 (it is 70 mph limit all the way to work) and once you are on the Palmetto it's 55 all the way. If I work another shift the speed drops to the limit due to traffic.

I want to pick up a used Suburban now, they are going cheaper and cheaper. However once the GMC is paid I am buying (God willing) a Jetta Diesel with a turbo.
          Last edited by robivi3; 10-06-2005, 11:10 AM.
          "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

I am loving my new car. I get about 30 MPG around town, and I can go on a quarter tank for a week. Thank God...... I was putting in 20 bucks every two days in the other car. If anything this car is making up for itself with the gas mileage it's able to get!
            BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

my wife puts about 100 miles per week on the truck. It's $70.00 to fill from a 1/4 tank, YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!! It gets 18.1 mpg city/highway. In Tennessee it was doing over 20 mpg up in the mountains.
              "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

DH puts about 100 miles a day for work-lots of stop/go & in traffic driving, plus 25 miles or so per day to/from work. He fills up about every 3 work days. He does get mileage reimbursement for that job, though.
                Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

My husband drives 700 plus miles per week minimum. I drive minimum of 150 miles per week no matter how hard I try. If I am on call I can drive work vehicle back & forth to work only (which thank God does help) Public transportation, excuse me what is that??????? I live in the country, unless they need me to work @ the PD and they come get me, does that count??
                  Taxi's yeah right, think again. The county I live in is over 900 square miles, separated by 2 rivers. We have a public ferry.
                  Gas here this week is averaging $3.14 a gallon.
                  I'll be watching, you may never know when or how, but I'll be there. I am there now....

Comment

$2.46 for 87 octane.........
                    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Finally seeing price below $2.55 here....

Comment

It amazes me that we are supposed to be in a gas shortage here, but BP announced last night their record 3rd quarter sales was up 34%.................DUH......NO WONDER.......WE LINED THEIR POCKETS IN THE LAST 3 MONTHS...

Minny
                        Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Well, I really don't hate the gas companies. I get a bit miffed though. But in any case, laws of supply and demand do rule and we are a capitalistic society.

I laugh many times, when people call for a boycott. Pretty much, the gas companies own little in the way of stations. The money is IN distribution and that's where they make the bucks.

If ever a boycott would work, it would have to be massive, it would have to involve most of the US states and we're talking of MILLIONS of people.

But it won't happen, we're TOO dependent on that liquid. So the best thing is to always make sure your vehicles are running in the best form possible.

Comment

$2.34 today!

It's going down.
                            BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

Gas here is $2.07. I have no idea why, but in the last week it has dropped from $2.69 to this. Oh, on edit: I'm in SW Missouri. This price is Joplin.
                              Filed Chapter 7, 8/16/05, 341 10/12/05
                              Discharged 2/16/06, Case Closed 3/8/06
                              FICA Score (Equifax) as of 10/13/06 - 645
                              (It was 506 on 10/12/05)

Comment

Originally posted by Pinktiger
                                Gas here is $2.07. I have no idea why, but in the last week it has dropped from $2.69 to this. Oh, on edit: I'm in SW Missouri. This price is Joplin.
                                The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X