No announcement yet.

Rising Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three weeks ago I got gas for $2.12 a gallon, now it is $2.52. Been that way for a little over a week now. Jumped from $2.39 one day to $2.52 the next.
    Cross over - I think that is the most bu!!$hi+ excuse they have given us yet.
    Last years and years in the past it has NEVER gone up that much for that.

I guess the sign at the gas pumps should say, "Here's your sign." You can only conserve so much without everything coming to a standstill.
    I'll be watching, you may never know when or how, but I'll be there. I am there now....

Comment

2.12?, 2.52? What haven of rest are you living in? I would love to see 2.52!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. We ain't seen that for over a year!
      "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

$2.49 here in west Tennessee for 87

Comment

In North Carolina. It was $2.12 a couple weeks ago. At the first of the month, in Georgia, there were some places it was a $1.99.

I won't be happy until it is less than a $1.00 a gallon. It was that in 2002.

Gas prices effect everything, except in our salary.
          I'll be watching, you may never know when or how, but I'll be there. I am there now....

Comment

This gas thing is out of hand...

I think the gas is more expensive and it's lasting less...I think it's 2.59 for regular here on the island...LBK...2.79 for reg....but the gas is not staying in my tank? I guess the $15 bike at good will we looked at yesterday won't be there if I head into town today...hmmmm...

I think we should have gas refusal to buy gas 24 hour period...then follow it by everyone refusing to use their cars for 24 hours...then people should all go trade their SUVs one day..you know...mix it up a bit...
            Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
            Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

3.02 per gallon, Hiatus Road and Oakland Park Boulevard Shell, Sunrise, Florida.
              "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Comment

It's $2.60 per gallon here and I work too far away to ride a bicycle! May have to hide the car keys from the teenage boy
                Filed: 2/24/2006
                341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
                Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

We haven't seen prices that low for awhile.

Comment

I gave up my Dodge Truck (hated it, doesn't compare to my GMC) and am getting a 97' Suburban still. No more small cars either. 'Course the Subby will be a weekender. Matter of space, back and ride. My Corsy and me are at a parting of the ways, though I won't sell her, she's part of the family and will go when she dies, which will probably be a loooong time, still have my GMC Sierra four door. Wife uses it most of the time.
                    Last edited by robivi3; 04-07-2006, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robivi3
                      3.02 per gallon, Hiatus Road and Oakland Park Boulevard Shell, Sunrise, Florida.
                      I used to work at the Walgreens there, and I lived on NW 120 Way as recently as 5 1/2 years ago. I am so glad I moved away from that area, the cost of living has just become absurd down there.
                      Filed: 3/7/06
                      341: 4/3/06
                      Last Day for Objections: 6/2/06
                      Discharged: 6/9/06
                      Case Closed: 6/15/06

Comment

Originally posted by jane taylor
                        It's $2.60 per gallon here and I work too far away to ride a bicycle! May have to hide the car keys from the teenage boy
                        I did it for a year, 12 miles each way. Once you're in shape, its nothing. I could do it in 45 minutes, when driving could take up to an hour when traffic is bad. Feels good to sail past cars stuck in traffic on your bike. Only thing that sucks is getting rained on. Keep an extra set of clothes at your work in case you get soaked on your way there.

Comment

Its 2.70 up here at the beaches of jacksonville and ponte vedra. I'm trying to ditch the camaro for a ride that gets better mileage. But I can't touch a diesel for under 5 grand, because noone is selling, and every econobox that I try to pick up is sold by the time they answer the phone. On the flipside, anyone looking to buy an suv, for whatever reason lol, they will be going for dirt cheap later in the summer.

Comment

Well Titan, you used to wave at me then! I walk a half a block to the Walgreens. Sunrise was so great not even five years ago. The Arena went up at Sawgrass in '95 (blechhhh), now Artesia is going up on that piece of real estate that was barren at the north end of the mall by the arena. 400,000 and up and thats a 2 bedroom 1256 sq. ft. place, 709.00 monthly maintenance. Right next to Sawgrass Preserve two 14 story condos are going up. The hell with this, the folks in the Preserve are livid. My old beloved Sunrise, so quiet, I never used to close the patio door on Friday nights so the I could enjoy the lake, never used to hear a police siren, etc...

The Shell station used to play movies at the gas pumps as did the Chevron at the Mall, those pumps are antiques now and the City forced them to replace them. The last Hurricane destroyed the PD Building and city hall, that's right City Hall, that whole beautiful complex is partially abandoned. The City wants rich folks now, our beloved little cow pastures and the horse farm at Pine Island and Oakland have bit the dust.

PS- those little 2 bedroom homes in Golf Village (the older ones when you turn south at 115 and oakland) are darn near 300,000 now. In our development newbies are reporting 4500.00 tax bills. Homeowners insurance, 1800.00 to 4000.00 depending for the year coming up.
                            The City still gives away food and soda at the parades and all but that will dissappear eventually. Sad, if this is progress, to hell with it.

The little mall across from the Walgreens behind the Shell has new owners, a nice restaurant (Pollos Don Mario) and has really been fixed up nicely. All but one of the stores is rented. I am in Welleby, as you probably were also, it is nice, just not the same. Forget about a Townhome here for under 220,000.00, they don't exist. Sunblest and all the units on 94 ave. are 249,000 and up, some in Sunblest and Kings Court are over 300,000. Go figure.
                            Last edited by robivi3; 04-08-2006, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Well Titan, you used to wave at me then! I walk a half a block to the Walgreens. Sunrise was so great not even five years ago. The Arena went up at Sawgrass in '95 (blechhhh), now Artesia is going up on that piece of real estate that was barren at the north end of the mall by the arena. 400,000 and up and thats a 2 bedroom 1256 sq. ft. place, 709.00 monthly maintenance. Right next to Sawgrass Preserve two 14 story condos are going up. The hell with this, the folks in the Preserve are livid. My old beloved Sunrise, so quiet, I never used to close the patio door on Friday nights so the I could enjoy the lake, never used to hear a police siren, etc...

The Shell station used to play movies at the gas pumps as did the Chevron at the Mall, those pumps are antiques now and the City forced them to replace them. The last Hurricane destroyed the PD Building and city hall, that's right City Hall, that whole beautiful complex is partially abandoned. The City wants rich folks now, our beloved little cow pastures and the horse farm at Pine Island and Oakland have bit the dust.

PS- those little 2 bedroom homes in Golf Village (the older ones when you turn south at 115 and oakland) are darn near 300,000 now. In our development newbies are reporting 4500.00 tax bills. Homeowners insurance, 1800.00 to 4000.00 depending for the year coming up.
                              The City still gives away food and soda at the parades and all but that will dissappear eventually. Sad, if this is progress, to hell with it.

The little mall across from the Walgreens behind the Shell has new owners, a nice restaurant (Pollos Don Mario) and has really been fixed up nicely. All but one of the stores is rented. I am in Welleby, as you probably were also, it is nice, just not the same. Forget about a Townhome here for under 220,000.00, they don't exist. Sunblest and all the units on 94 ave. are 249,000 and up, some in Sunblest and Kings Court are over 300,000. Go figure.
                              I sold my mom's house (after she passed away) on NW 120 Way in 2002 for $165,000. At that time it was a great price because it needed some fixing up work and it only cost $82,000 when it was built in 1985. I saw that the city was on a downward slide, especially with Pat Salerno doing everything behind closed doors.

I was living in Coral Springs until February of last year, until the ex and I broke up. I lived with my sister for a little while in West Palm Beach, then moved up here. I haven't regretted it one day.

Good luck to you for staying there and toughing it out. You have my admiration, because I knew I just couldn't tolerate the South Florida area much longer.
                              Filed: 3/7/06
                              341: 4/3/06
                              Last Day for Objections: 6/2/06
                              Discharged: 6/9/06
                              Case Closed: 6/15/06

Comment

That name Pat Salerno, I can't stand him. Every time I see that damned arena he comes to mind.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X