No announcement yet.

Rising Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More people than ever on the bus this morning.

Charleton Heston (Soylent Green) is doing a continuous roll in his grave!
    Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
    Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Thank goodness my car gets close to 30mpg...which aint nothing compared to a hybrid, but it's pretty good.
      The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Pizza View Post
        Gotta love those "XYZ" issues... I remember when a sinking US economy spelled a price collapse due to falling demand, NOW a sinking US economy instead translates into a price spike due to a falling dollar...

It's obvious that the traders are disconnected from reality and we're doing a repeat of the 70's until there's a change in world politics.
        You mention "a change in world politics." World politics have changed tremendously since the 70's and I'm seriously worried about the dollar ever regaining even its normal ground. The Soviet Union no longer exists, and in its place there are many new 'nations'. China and India are placing increasing demands on the supply. NAFTA exported many of America's jobs overseas and those countries are thrilled about it, of course. I won't bother to get into the current war in Iraq and its implications on the economy as well as on the TRADERS.

What kind of "change in world politics" are you thinking about for the right now, as opposed to the 70's?
        BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

Originally posted by FLBK7 View Post
          You mention "a change in world politics." World politics have changed tremendously since the 70's and I'm seriously worried about the dollar ever regaining even its normal ground. The Soviet Union no longer exists, and in its place there are many new 'nations'. China and India are placing increasing demands on the supply. NAFTA exported many of America's jobs overseas and those countries are thrilled about it, of course. I won't bother to get into the current war in Iraq and its implications on the economy as well as on the TRADERS.

What kind of "change in world politics" are you thinking about for the right now, as opposed to the 70's?
          I was referring specifically to a change in the U.S. political stance vs. Iran, Venezuela, and, well, pretty much any oil-producing country we are at odds with politicallly. We are in a debacle right now where speculators are in control of the commodities markets. Any rumor, or even whisper of a rumor, stemming from of an oil-producing nation in this current era of speculation could spell dire results.

Concerned about the dollar regaining its ground? Inflation raises the prices for consumers which account for two-thirds of America's economic activity, which lowers the value of the dollar... which raises inflation, which.... well... you should get the idea....

In the 70's there was an actual shortage, which we responded to.

Today, prices are high, yet there is no shortage, so we get no response...

Government entities should be responding to the current situation, and are failing to do so... China is posing a threat to OUR suppy? We could open the AWNAR and give financial breaks to fund the great discovery in the Midwest, conserve and seek oil alternatives... IF we put enough effort into it... but we cannot seek protectionism in an economy that relies on the benefit of cheap foreign goods (aka Wal-Mart & China), so we are in a pickle...
          Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

Comment

Well hello all..
            Been a long time since Ive complained about gas here. So here it goes..
            I have a '05 4cyl Camry. It took $85 to fill 'er up. I go through it in three days too because I deliever newspapers 7 days a week for extra income.
            Half the paper carriers are about to quit as the company profits have fallen and they cant afford to up our gas allowance of $95 a week for 36 mile routes.
            My husbands PT business profits have been slammed as no one is buying anything.
            No vacation this year yet again!!
            I may payoff the car a year early and trade in towards a Prius.
            NJ this morning, cheapest Ive found was $3.87. We are not as bad as other states. Yet.
            WAM
            ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
            WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
            PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

I thought Camry's had good gas mileage? Or maybe that is the new hybrids ones.

Originally posted by whatamess View Post
              Well hello all..
              Been a long time since Ive complained about gas here. So here it goes..
              I have a '05 4cyl Camry. It took $85 to fill 'er up. I go through it in three days too because I deliever newspapers 7 days a week for extra income.
              Half the paper carriers are about to quit as the company profits have fallen and they cant afford to up our gas allowance of $95 a week for 36 mile routes.
              My husbands PT business profits have been slammed as no one is buying anything.
              No vacation this year yet again!!
              I may payoff the car a year early and trade in towards a Prius.
              NJ this morning, cheapest Ive found was $3.87. We are not as bad as other states. Yet.
              WAM

Comment

Originally posted by Pizza View Post
                I was referring specifically to a change in the U.S. political stance vs. Iran, Venezuela, and, well, pretty much any oil-producing country we are at odds with politicallly. We are in a debacle right now where speculators are in control of the commodities markets. Any rumor, or even whisper of a rumor, stemming from of an oil-producing nation in this current era of speculation could spell dire results.

Concerned about the dollar regaining its ground? Inflation raises the prices for consumers which account for two-thirds of America's economic activity, which lowers the value of the dollar... which raises inflation, which.... well... you should get the idea....

In the 70's there was an actual shortage, which we responded to.

Today, prices are high, yet there is no shortage, so we get no response...

Government entities should be responding to the current situation, and are failing to do so... China is posing a threat to OUR suppy? We could open the AWNAR and give financial breaks to fund the great discovery in the Midwest, conserve and seek oil alternatives... IF we put enough effort into it... but we cannot seek protectionism in an economy that relies on the benefit of cheap foreign goods (aka Wal-Mart & China), so we are in a pickle...
                Okay, I get your drift now, and I absolutely agree.

I believe that NAFTA remains possibly among the top 5 greatest mistakes any American administration has EVER made.
                BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                  I thought Camry's had good gas mileage? Or maybe that is the new hybrids ones.
                  They do and are great cars at 26-28 mpg, its just that with stop go driving of most of NJ and my current PT work nothing gets good milage. I had better milage before the ethinol.
                  After I payoff the car I can quit the newspaper route. As soon as my stimulus check comes, Whoo hoo! Then ALL my debt is erased. Not just hospital bills and credit cards, but the car too.
                  The Camry Hybrid is excellent.
                  From what I get the Prius will be great for my hubby as he does mostly highway driving for his PT job. I think thats the way the hybrids work.
                  I wish we had public transpo here in my town but alas....they were going to build a commuter train through this srea and people shot it down because it would bring 'undesirables' through. OH BROTHER! Such snobbery.
                  WAM
                  ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
                  WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
                  PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by whatamess View Post
                    I wish we had public transpo here in my town but alas....they were going to build a commuter train through this srea and people shot it down because it would bring 'undesirables' through. OH BROTHER! Such snobbery.
                    WAM
                    Commuter trains will become ever more popular in the future. My dad & I (senior citizens) can take a train for 130 miles one way for $5.25, & you get there faster than in a car. IF you buy certain passes where you would use it every day, there is no hybrid that will ever do what a train can do.

I am not sure what they mean by undesriables, because wouldn't those undesirables be on the train and not in their town? Hundreds of thousands of people who make great money commute by train & subway every day because it is a way better system than sitting in traffic honking at those same undesirables who pass through any way, & paying huge parking premiums. They still own nice cars but the car stays at home instead of beating it every day in rush hour traffic.

Comment

The average prices for regular unleaded is now $3.93 in my area...filling up the tank brings tears to my eyes! But I do know that our prices are still cheaper than many other areas too!
                      The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Regular at the Chevron station is now $4.32
                        $4.03 at Costco
                        Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
                        Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

The train is a fun way to travel. I know when I used to work in DC I would take the metro all the time.

I haven't used the trolley system here yet.

Comment

I just came back from getting gas.

Gas today is:

4.79$
                            4.89$(truck)
                            4.99$(SUV)
                            Last edited by Cali; 06-07-2008, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Yeah. We just came back from running errands. The store closest to us has unleaded at $4.07. I was so shocked--though why I should be, I don't know--that I failed to notice the diesel price.
                              Last edited by AngelinaCat; 06-07-2008, 09:55 AM.
                              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Our local paper is saying that public transportation is going up in price. This includes bus and trolley.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X