top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that your bk is dischrged, how do you feel hanging around on this forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that your bk is dischrged, how do you feel hanging around on this forum?

I can't stay away from this site, but every time I am on here and read the tough situations that so many people are in, I get that nervous/sick feeling again that I had during our bk. I think it's b/c I have experienced all of the same bad feelings that people going through it now are feeling and it brings it all back. Our bk was only discharged in July 2010 so we're not that far out and the feelings are still very fresh.

On the other hand, I feel compelled to stick around hear and continue to learn and educate myself about so many different things on this site -- what I love so much about this site is the immense amount of information about so many different topics. I have never been much of a follower of politics, but now I really enjoy reading the different views and political discussions that go on. I love that this is a one stop shop for everything financial, from credit rebuilding to financial management, to making correct business decisions in our personal lives and the sound advice and suggestions from our fantastic moderators -- thank you moderators!

Anyway, I think I'm here to stay for quite a while ...

I visit regularly. I do not want to forget what I went thru and I do not ever want to go there again.

Comment

Well, I shouldn't even post because I am not even filing until Monday, but I have been here throughout this process and I do know one thing. The same sick, hopeless feeling I had when I first came here 3 weeks ago, are most likely the same feelings that everyone that is looking to file are feeling. Based upon that, I feel the need to give back, and will continue to frequent even after my BK is over. Without all of the experienced taking their time to answer questions, I would be lost. What a wealth of information, knowledge and compassion..even for the STUPIDEST questions I had.

Thank you to all who came before me and I will continue to be here for all those that follow me.
      Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

Nothing feels better than to help those who are in the BK process go through the tough times. As we all know, the BK process is quiet and uneventful for most, but I remember clearly, like it was yesterday the fear, paranoia, panic and most of all the "what if's". As I look back, I could have scripted my entire BK process from the experience and input of the members on this forum......that's why I hang around...just trying to help.

Comment

I visit the site to see if anyone needs help...but mostly a lurker now,lol
          Discharge was back in April 2010 but still fighting to get loan mod done for over 1 yr now (Huntington bank)

Comment

I haven't filed yet. We've been financially vulnerable for a long time. Day to day it's stressful. Mostly I dealt with it by ignoring it. I'm very good at that. But now we've got some bad really bad financial news coming. We know it's coming and we know it's bad. I check the mailbox every day waiting for it. It's like we're at the top of a hill in a barrel and someone's climbing up and when he gets to the top, he'll push us over. It's frightening and in an odd way, exhilarating. I rather not be stuck in this barrel and I'm afraid to roll down but there is nothing I can do to stop it happening.
            There are two secrets for success in life:
            1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Although we are a few weeks from discharge, I will still lurk around throughout our credit building process for helpful tips and insight. This forum has opened my eyes to the whole process and made me feel that "your not the only one". It helped me more than what our lawyer ever told us. What ever he told us about the process I knew already from coming to this site. Had I not come here I would have none otherwise.
              Thanks BKforum for all the help and nerve calming advice.

Comment

As you can see from my signature, we were discharged a long time ago from Chapter 13 and the BK has been off our credit reports for 1 1/2 years. I have tons of experience/advice now to offer those out of BK as to what to do and what will happen after the discharge. Yes, things do get better but the experience never goes away and even now we still get BK junk mail now and then because your name gets out there on mailing lists after discharge and floats around probably for years and years on a variety of BK related mailings. In a sense it never really ever goes away but with proper planning and being prudent with credit after discharge, your life changes for the better with newfound habits and credit knowledge/experience.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

This is far and away the best bk site on the net.
                  It's heavily moderated and, there is an awful lot of us with hands on experience about the process.
                  I just enjoy trying to help others through the process and let people know that you come out the other side in better shape than you entered.

Comment

Originally posted by AbbeyA View Post
                    I can't stay away from this site, but every time I am on here and read the tough situations that so many people are in, I get that nervous/sick feeling again that I had during our bk. I think it's b/c I have experienced all of the same bad feelings that people going through it now are feeling and it brings it all back. Our bk was only discharged in July 2010 so we're not that far out and the feelings are still very fresh.

On the other hand, I feel compelled to stick around hear and continue to learn and educate myself about so many different things on this site -- what I love so much about this site is the immense amount of information about so many different topics. I have never been much of a follower of politics, but now I really enjoy reading the different views and political discussions that go on. I love that this is a one stop shop for everything financial, from credit rebuilding to financial management, to making correct business decisions in our personal lives and the sound advice and suggestions from our fantastic moderators -- thank you moderators!

Anyway, I think I'm here to stay for quite a while ...
                    glad to hear that.

while we are also discharged, i think it's so important to share our experiences with those that are so scared and going through this.

if just one person gets some useful information from your experience, well then i believe this site has accomplished at least one of it's goals.

this forum is by far the best and most informative site for the general public as well as professionals to get insight into what is REALLY happening to people out here in this terrible economy.

thanks to laz and the mods for all their assistance and for keeping this site up and running....you have all helped more people than you'll ever know!
                    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                      glad to hear that.

while we are also discharged, i think it's so important to share our experiences with those that are so scared and going through this.

if just one person gets some useful information from your experience, well then i believe this site has accomplished at least one of it's goals.

this forum is by far the best and most informative site for the general public as well as professionals to get insight into what is REALLY happening to people out here in this terrible economy.

thanks to laz and the mods for all their assistance and for keeping this site up and running....you have all helped more people than you'll ever know!
                      Well said, Tobee - although I haven't even had my 341 yet, I have found this site invaluable and appreciate the input from all of the members - and a huge thanks laz and the moderators for all of their hard work!!
                      Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

Comment

I still like to hang around the foreclosure forum and help people through that process. Plus, it is interesting to see the new "lows" that banks do to people every day and to let people know there is light at the end of the proverbial tunnel.

Comment

One of the best things about this forum, in my opinion, is that on many other places on the internet, if you even mention you are considering bankruptcy, you will get flamed and get a lot of judgmental reactions. That doesn't happen here - everyone is very supportive. I actually started lurking around on this forum several months before I actually filed, and the information I found here was invaluable in planning and preparing for my bankruptcy. Hopefully, I can provide some encouragement to those who are still going through the process - noone can relate to the challenges one faces with bankruptcy like one who has gone through the process themselves.
                          Filed: 6/30/2010
                          341: 7/26/2010
                          Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

When we first filed I believe this forum was not around and came into being a bit later...I wished it was around when we filed because the only forums out there were loaded with trolls who either posed as "financial experts" and gave out wrong advice on purpose or belittled anyone posting or joining for filing bankruptcy and making life hard on them. We received some bad advice early on from a long defunct BK internet forum and also one from which one troll eventually chased everyone out. These trolls have tried to infiltrate this forum in the past (and some still do) but members of this forum need to thank the administrators for having a team and tools in place to keep this a safe place to post and do a great job of keeping out those trolls and spammers, AND having a place for getting good advice.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

My feeling is whatever stage you are at in the debt process, you can't just drink from the well.....you have to help replenish the water as well. AS I experience more, I want to share it with those who are not as far down the road.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X