Any horror movie junkies out here ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any horror movie junkies out here ?

Okay - I'll admit it..I'm a horror movie junkie Have been ever since I saw my first horror movie (Jaws) when I was little in the 70's. I also love the non-gore type of horror movies, like Paranormal Activity or The Others - love a good suspense.

So I cannot be the only one.... fess up ya'll... I know you're out here!

All time best horror movie hands down? Think its a tie...

1. The Exorcist
    2. Evil Dead

Both still scare the crap out of me every time I watch them.

What's yours?

ok....when we went to see the The Exorcist at the movie theater...(i'm dating myself i know)...i had to WALK OUT...i was so scared. and i don't mean a little bit either! i was scared to death!!

can't watch one with me i cover my eyes and ears.....and hit the person sitting next to me for making me watch them!!

however, Halloween is my MOST favorite time and we have tons of things that go bump in the night in this house!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Children of the Corn..... the original.

Yah.. The music from that movie just freaks me the hell out. I think it's the scariest part of the movie.
      Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
      Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
      60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

I hate scary movies! Not sure why someone would want to scare themselves...LOL My husband loves them. I make him watch them by himself.

But I'd have to agree w/ NowImdowninit - with Children of the Corn. That movie is pretty scary!

or The Shining - that one scared me!
        "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Psycho...I identified with that one.
          Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
          AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

oooh.... forgot about The Shining! Awesome.... part where the old woman comes out of the tub...*shivers*

"He who walks behind the rows..." *tee hee*

All great movies - must've seen them a hundred times a piece at this point.

How about Amityville Horror (original..not remake)

and of course..who can leave out Nightmare on Elm Street (orig.) "One, two Freddy's comin' for you...."

Comment

We recently just watched the remake of Nightmare on Elm street. And it's terrible!! The Freddy is terrible! He's so bad it's funny.

I told my oldest that Johnny Depp was in the first movie and she didn't believe me..lol
              "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
                We recently just watched the remake of Nightmare on Elm street. And it's terrible!! The Freddy is terrible! He's so bad it's funny.

I told my oldest that Johnny Depp was in the first movie and she didn't believe me..lol
                Really? That bad huh? Guess I'll take it off my Netflix list. I dont know why they feel the need to remake the classics. I remember seeing Pirahana back in the 70's/80's and here they are..remaking it - to include the sequel in 3D. Sheesh - get creative! For as much as these actors and directors make you'd think they could be original.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                  Really? That bad huh? Guess I'll take it off my Netflix list. I dont know why they feel the need to remake the classics. I remember seeing Pirahana back in the 70's/80's and here they are..remaking it - to include the sequel in 3D. Sheesh - get creative! For as much as these actors and directors make you'd think they could be original.
                  I thought it was terrible. You might want to see it for the laughs....lol

Comment

Hmmm... the best horror movies I've seen are...

Saw
                    Hostel
                    Resident Evil
                    Wrong Turn
                    Joy Ride
                    Jeepers Creepers
                    The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                    "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                    Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

OMG - Hostel freaked me out! On that note, our daughter decided to stay in something very similiar while in NY City - of course... I kept thinking of that movie the entire time!

Wrong Turn was good as well - I vowed never to stop anywhere out of the way after seeing that movie Same with The Hills Have Eyes *shivers*

Comment

Pandora, Because of an overload of guests, a friend stayed in a hostel in NYC.... the movie didn't freak him out, it was the BEDBUGS LOL!!!

The best horror flick of all time next to Psycho, is of course The Birds! Classic freak out. Evil Dead was good too as it wasn't another zombie movie gore fest!

Comment

EWWW! Bed bugs! That is why I refuse to stay in a hotel at all costs, I'm terrified of bugs, especially any type of "body bug" yuk!

Yes...The Birds! Terrified me when I was a child. I still hate crows to this day due to that movie. Had one fly into our window not too long ago and instantly I thought "OMG someones gonna die" Wives tales... who knew they'd scar us for life right? LOL!

Does anyone remember the old timey horror movie that involved a woman wearing a ring on her finger and on her death bed, one of the kids took it off her finger? The woman haunted them forever and kept saying "My Riiiiinnngggg Give me my Rinnngggg!"

Was many years ago - I was a child in the mid 70's when I watched it but damn if I can recall the name of the movie.

Comment

I keep thinking "the legacy" but I know that's not right. Now you've got me intriqued Pandora.... I'll find the name of the movie and post it.

Comment

Originally posted by mijd View Post
                              I keep thinking "the legacy" but I know that's not right. Now you've got me intriqued Pandora.... I'll find the name of the movie and post it.
                              Now you had me looking for it LOL! I think its "Black Sabbath - The Drop of Water" (1963) - pretty certain that's it, but I could've sworn that the woman says "My Ring.. Give me back my ring" yet watching the clips just now in the movie, she says nothing. ? And... OMG I just freaked myself out watching clips of it on Youtube! LOL!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X