A new rant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new rant!

Ugghhhh seriously why do stores think they can get away with selling rotten meat by putting a new sticker over the old sticker. My husband bought a package of chix breasts last night from Hyvee. In the fridge nice and cold all night and day. I pull them out to cook them for supper and they STINK to high heaven! Sale by date of Jan 2 on the top sticker. There was another sticker immediately under it.

I'd march it right back to the store, show them the additional sticker, and get your money back!

Comment

Oh we will be tomorrow. We live 40 miles from the store

Comment

This happened to me when all I wanted was to make meatloaf. The meat stank to high heaven and I rushed right back to the store. They gave me back my money, but seriously, I think I deserved more. Will never buy meat in that store again, altho I do still shop there occcasionally when they have savings on canned goods.

Comment

Rotten meat smell is SO nasty too! ICK

Comment

I must be still wet behind the ears cause I cannot believe someone would do that kind of thing. Although it's getting harder for me to trust any of the foodstuff we buy now-a-days.

Comment

I have run across this as well. My gf and I always return food that is bad or doesn't taste good to the market. They always give us a refund. But 40 miles, my god, that is enough time for the bacteria in the meat to overtake your car and wipe you out before you even reach the store.

I will add a rant, why does everyone from the cable company to the grocery stores to the gas stations to you name it all raise prices continuously while we are in a recession???

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X