Wow people amaze me :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow people amaze me :D

My boys went to see their friend today. He was not home so they were walking back home when the lady who runs our local hair salon called them inside to ask how we were doing. (I've known her since I was 3 years old she was my preschool teacher ) Obviously, with my husband's 'criminal' case we've been 'big' news lately. My boys said things have been tough but we are doing ok. She gave them a twenty dollar bill to 'surprise' mommy with for whatever we need it for she said. I am sure she really has no idea that I was struggling with figuring out how we were going to stretch $82 in cash and approximately $25 on a Walmart gift card to pay for gas and a groceries for the week. $20 bucks seems like nothing to so many. To me it was a lifesaver! I thanked her many many times to which she said no thanks needed you need it more than I do. Guess I had an angel today. Only mine was human

what a heart felt wonderful story....there are really nice people left on this earth and just once in a while...one finds us..
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

That is awesome! There are good people among us. Sometimes it's just hard to find them. Good for you!
      Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Originally posted by pavlikclan View Post
        My boys went to see their friend today. He was not home so they were walking back home when the lady who runs our local hair salon called them inside to ask how we were doing. (I've known her since I was 3 years old she was my preschool teacher ) Obviously, with my husband's 'criminal' case we've been 'big' news lately. My boys said things have been tough but we are doing ok. She gave them a twenty dollar bill to 'surprise' mommy with for whatever we need it for she said. I am sure she really has no idea that I was struggling with figuring out how we were going to stretch $82 in cash and approximately $25 on a Walmart gift card to pay for gas and a groceries for the week. $20 bucks seems like nothing to so many. To me it was a lifesaver! I thanked her many many times to which she said no thanks needed you need it more than I do. Guess I had an angel today. Only mine was human
        What makes you think an Angel did not inspire her to do what she did? You DID have an Angel.
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

What a lovely surprise for you! I agree that something or someone inspired her to share that $20 and she set a wonderful example for your boys!

Comment

Angelina is correct. There are angels among us and you have happened upon one of them. The next best thing that can happen is that you pass it on when your circumstances improve.

Makes me chuckle. I got the opportunity to be an angel once. A family at my church was going through hard times and I happened to be okay at the moment so I sent them money anomously. Heard about the great news at church the next week how it had saved them to get this money in the mail.

Hope everyone has the opportunity to be an angel once in a while. Really lifts your spirits. She probably still has a warm glow about being able to help you.

Comment

Didn't that little assistance just make your heart sing?! We had some Christmas angels who made the holiday merry for my children....their generosity just touched me so deeply. I know when I am back on my feet I will be paying their kindness forward.
              Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
              New Job 7-2011

Comment

When I was a kid, my Dad made GOOD money building tractors at International Harvester. He brought home $80 dollars a week. My Mom, a product from the other Great Depression, "MADE" Christmas for many on the block. We kids were spoiled with a very generous Santa. However, Mom put anonymous presents on several folks door steps on our block.

My feeling about all this is, the more you gift, the more gifts come to you. Oh, not right away, only when you "need it the most". I have seen this over and over. Try it and prove me wrong. 'Hub
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

That just made me cry in a good way

Comment

actions like that make u believe and have faith theres still some good people left in this not so good world we live in
                    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
                    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
                    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Just re-reading this thread and it gave me thought of today. A derelict traveler passed by us. He looked like he was about to "pan-handle" for some money. Not having very much of our own, I turned not looking and he went away. Remembering this thread it brought a thought of shame to me. It reminded me of one of my favorite old country music songs. I wish to share it. Tomorrow I will take five bucks and give it to the first guy who looks like he needs it. If we all did this, we would all be richer.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

We often give to the folks begging by the interstate in the city nearest to us. Not much mind you but a few bucks and if we have grabbed fast food a sandwich or something. I hope they are all inside today cuz WOW it is SO SO cold. We are struggling but I know we could be in such a worse place than we are. Regardless of all our problems we are truly fortunate.

Comment

It is just so nice to hear stories like this.

Comment

Confucius said, "To be able under all circumstances to practice five things constitutes perfect virtue; these five things are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness."

Jesus said, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets."

Mohammad said, "Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever is not kind has no faith."

Aesop said, "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

The Dalai Lama said, "The only religion is kindness."

At least there's one thing we all seem to agree on.

-Rich
                            Filed Chapter 7: 8/24/2010. Discharged: 12/01/2010
                            Member and Exalted Grand Master: American Sarcasm Society (A.S.S.).

Comment

I heard of a story from a young friend of mine.

He was pumping fuel at a gas station when a small older car pulled in. The young mother with a bruised up face, tears in her eyes, two young children in the back says, "I hope this gets me to Idaho, it's all I have and hands my buddy a ten dollar bill. As he's filling up the car going well over the ten dollars she yells, ''stop' stop'' I don't have any more money! He continues filling up the car and says, ''don't worry about it, I got it covered".

Anyhow the guy waiting behind in a Cadillac sees what's going on. So when it's his turn for fuel he rolls down the window requesting a fill, but, says, ''let me help too! You don't make enough to be doing that for people!'' My buddy stands there filling the Caddy and many times refuses to take the two $20 dollar bills being offered. Then with his car full and having paid his bill the guy is now insisting he take the forty bucks, but, my friend being the kind of person he is, again refuses. By now others are waitng and it's time for the Cadillac to get out of the way so the guy rolls down his window and throws out the two twenties on the pavement and drives off.

Isn't that a cool little story?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X