Possible new SLAPP in Texas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible new SLAPP in Texas.

"SLAPP" = Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation. I filed a rather public consumer complaint against a regional tire dealer a couple of weeks ago. Totally factual. They finally refunded my money after several weeks of playing hide and seek with it, but the CEO of the company privately emailed to expect notice of a lawsuit on Monday. (tomorrow.) Because I refused to withdraw my complaint.

Sadly, it is pretty obvious from other comments on other consumer affairs boards that he has successfully plied this tactic against other customers of his, with similar circumstances. But that was earlier last year.

I guess that maybe he didn't get the memo that the Texas Citizens Participation Act became effective as of June 17, 2011. Apparently there is currently no legal authority interpreting the act, so I am eagerly awaiting service of process because I just love being first!

I told him, "Bring it, baby!" I also dropped a mega hint bomb on him because I told him "TRUTH IS an absolute defense to any claim of defamation." (He didn't get it.)

I kinda sorta think that I will be really disappointed if I don't get served. I hate corporate thugs and bullies.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X