No announcement yet.

The Hunger Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, commercial break/snack run over, now back to the movie.

Stupid q here. Since it is soooo rare that I venture into a darkened theatre nowadays... I just became aware of the AMC dine in movies. I was hoping to get a bargain matinee tomorrow for $6, but those are only before noon and there just aren't any that early, and the next cheapest is 9.50. Yep, reg price now 11.50, holy carp. So... I see that if I go to the "fork and screen" theatre, I can watch all day for $6. But...and here's the stupid q part.... DO I HAVE TO ORDER SOMETHING???? anyone know?
    I'm really curious about this experience lol. I imagine it might be distracting but I also figure it won't be too crowded early on a Monday afternoon. Then again the smell might drive me crazy if I'm not eating, right?

I could watch it for free online btw, and chose not to for this one. Yes, it's already available..... but I REALLY want to see this on the big screen.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
      Reminder-- it's dandelion time.
      I made fritters with the flowers last year and the greens are best early in the spring... yummy stir fried with a little tehina.
      Extremely healthy.
      I LOVE dandelions!

I actually grow them on purpose in my backyard just for the greens. And I like their flowers, too!
      The world's simplest C & D Letter:
      "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
      Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Ok, commercial break/snack run over, now back to the movie.

Stupid q here. Since it is soooo rare that I venture into a darkened theatre nowadays... I just became aware of the AMC dine in movies. I was hoping to get a bargain matinee tomorrow for $6, but those are only before noon and there just aren't any that early, and the next cheapest is 9.50. Yep, reg price now 11.50, holy carp. So... I see that if I go to the "fork and screen" theatre, I can watch all day for $6. But...and here's the stupid q part.... DO I HAVE TO ORDER SOMETHING???? anyone know?
        I'm really curious about this experience lol. I imagine it might be distracting but I also figure it won't be too crowded early on a Monday afternoon. Then again the smell might drive me crazy if I'm not eating, right?

I could watch it for free online btw, and chose not to for this one. Yes, it's already available..... but I REALLY want to see this on the big screen.
        There's one of these not far from me, too. I'm curious enough about it just to go ahead and splurge on it to see what it is like to be waited on in a movie theatre. I imagine that while you don't necessarily have to order anything, they will stop by and ask if you want anything. I'm going to order a cheeseburger and fries. It sure beats popcorn.

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
          There's one of these not far from me, too. I'm curious enough about it just to go ahead and splurge on it to see what it is like to be waited on in a movie theatre. I imagine that while you don't necessarily have to order anything, they will stop by and ask if you want anything. I'm going to order a cheeseburger and fries. It sure beats popcorn.
          We have one near me and it's amazing! It's about the same price if you were to order popcorn, candy and a soda at a regular theater.
          "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Sucked it up and paid <gulp> the 9.50. Fork and screen wanted advance payment Brought my own snacks.
            GREAT movie, fab costumes, not nearly as gory as I feared, mostly very faithful to the book.

Oh and just the preview for Abe Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, was worth the admission

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Congrats keepsmiling, on seeing the movie.

I have to wait. I can't afford the the gas (well, diesel, at 4.20 a gallon) there and back, plus admission.

The 'Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter' movie, sounds interesting.
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

It's so bizarre, isn't it? I mean if I didn't already know the book existed and hadn't read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, I'd have truly thought someone was pulling my leg.
                Directed by Tim Burton, so appropriate.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Sucked it up and paid <gulp> the 9.50. Fork and screen wanted advance payment Brought my own snacks.
                  GREAT movie, fab costumes, not nearly as gory as I feared, mostly very faithful to the book.

Oh and just the preview for Abe Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, was worth the admission
                  I am so glad you enjoyed it, too!!! We have a similar theater here called Cinetopia - food and wine. It's pricey but nice!

We got the preview for Snow White and the Huntsman - I don't remember seeing the Abe Lincoln, Vampire Hunter preview. Off to Google that, now!!
                  ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                  Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

I have to say both I and my girlfriend were impressed by the huge comfy seats, and the food. I had the fireburger and fries and she had the fish and chips, and we both had some red wine. It wasn't any more expensive than going to a good restaurant, but what a view! The huge movie theatre screen dwarfs any big screen t.v., and it was overall, a great experience.

It's too expensive to do this every week or even every month, but doing it once in a while won't be a big deal for us.

I'd rather go here than go to a fancy restaurant.

Comment

I saw it, and I'm contemplating whether to go back with my husband. I really want to see it again, but I don't know if he'd like it.

As I was watching, I was thinking "but there is so much that you wouldn't figure out if you hadn't read the books!" Yet I've read enough reviews to know that people did, in fact, get those things. So they did a good job with the screenplay, and the casting was great.

Woody Harrelson was impressive - he conveys, without saying it, how painful Haymitch's life really is. He's a victor, but what's that get him? He gets to shepherd two kids to certain death every year. I'd drink, too. In the book, it actually takes Katniss quite a while to figure that out.

There's a quick scene showing a Capitol couple outside with their children running around and it hits you - they don't have to fear the Hunger Games because their kids don't participate. I felt like I'd been punched in the gut.
                      Filed non-consumer no asset Chapter 7 on 7-12-10 after 4 foreclosures, 7 lawsuits including 2 deficiencies, 2 wage garnishments, a bank garnishment and a partridge in a pear tree. 341 held on 8-11-10. Discharge 11-4-10.

Comment

My son and daughter- in- law went to see the movie and said it was very good. I will wait til it comes out on Pay per view.

Comment

I have just gotten the second book, 'Catching Fire'. I had it reserved through the library where I work. I have started it, and it looks good....

Comment

You all now have me in "Hunger Games" fever! I feel like a 12-year old in District 12 right now. I bought a new tablet (ASUS Eee Transformer) and it came with the Kindle reader. So, I purchased the trilogy! I'm on page 2,110 of 15,000+ in the trilogy!

Wish me luck!

(Yes, I did see the movie and I appreciate how well the movie was done, now that I read the first book. However, the book has much more detail and character development which was done well in the movie, but the movie couldn't do it all.)
                            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

LOL Have fun!

I'm about a third of the way through Catching Fire...

Comment

Lol justbroke - hubby got the ASUS Eee tablet from ValleClaus.

He likes the kindle app for it far better than the Nook app.

Happy reading!
                                ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                                Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X