No announcement yet.

The Hunger Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She was. Mags took her place at the Third Quarter Quell when her name was reaped.
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
      She was. Mags took her place at the Third Quarter Quell when her name was reaped.
      I know, but I'm talking about the games that she'd won previously. I just never got the impression that she was a Career, because, instead of joining a hunting party, she ran off and hid. She just seems more to me someone a person would volunteer for.
      Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
      Discharged! June 28, 2012
      Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

Oh, I see now what you are saying. Duh is me.

She seemed super timid and mousey. And yes, you would have expected one of the Careers to volunteer in her place for the honor of it all. But did 3 and 4 have trained Careers like 1 and 2 did? I may have to reread this afternoon!

Did you see the trilogy JB talked about above? Divergent is the first book. I LOVED it and the second book - I am sad that I have to wait a year to read the third book.
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~

Comment

Oh, I see now what you are saying. Duh is me.

She seemed super timid and mousey. And yes, you would have expected one of the Careers to volunteer in her place for the honor of it all. But did 3 and 4 have trained Careers like 1 and 2 did? I may have to reread this afternoon!
          Districts One, Two, and Four are the Career Districts. Three is not. (Although, the movie does not include Four.)

Annie went mad after seeing her district partner get decapitated, so that's why she ran and hid...but still, it's The Hunger Games, and, she was (presumably) a Career Tribute.

Did you see the trilogy JB talked about above? Divergent is the first book. I LOVED it and the second book - I am sad that I have to wait a year to read the third book.

No, I haven't yet read that one. I'll have to check it out.
          Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by lotsahats View Post
            Districts One, Two, and Four are the Career Districts. Three is not. (Although, the movie does not include Four.)

Annie went mad after seeing her district partner get decapitated, so that's why she ran and hid...but still, it's The Hunger Games, and, she was (presumably) a Career Tribute.

Now that you mention it, it is odd. Hmmmmmm

Comment

Yes, I'm a hopeless romantic.
              Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

I just put the first book on hold at the library, and I'm 25th in line! Grrrrrrrrr!
                Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

Maybe we should start a BKForum Book Club! It goes without saying that the NoLo Guidebook(s) would be on the best sellers list.
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                  Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by lotsahats View Post
                    I just put the first book on hold at the library, and I'm 25th in line! Grrrrrrrrr!
                    That's why I ended up buying the Hunger Games trilogy, so I could read the third book w/o having to wait on it.
                    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                      Maybe we should start a BKForum Book Club! It goes without saying that the NoLo Guidebook(s) would be on the best sellers list.
                      I'm for that. At least here, we can discuss a young adult novel without having to worry about a bunch of teenagers invading, and saying things like, "Blah, blah, blah...The guy who plays Gale is hot."

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                      That's why I ended up buying the Hunger Games trilogy, so I could read the third book w/o having to wait on it.
                      Actually, I'm now bumped up to 15th, so everybody before me seems to be reading it pretty quickly.
                      Last edited by lotsahats; 06-04-2012, 08:09 AM.
                      Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

It is SO good, lotsa! You will LOVE it. If you hate it, I will buy you the 2nd book and snail mail it to you because it is even better than the first. How about that for a guarantee?

OT: Dh just got off from work and he is idling in a parking lot waiting until B&N opens because my charging cord died. Now I know he loves me!! <3

Comment

It is SO good, lotsa! You will LOVE it. If you hate it, I will buy you the 2nd book and snail mail it to you because it is even better than the first. How about that for a guarantee?
                          LOL! I'll hold you to it!

Originally posted by ess View Post
                          I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm on the third book. I heard there will be a new director for the second movie so hopefully no shaking camera that many have complained about.
                          The shaking camera was a technique used to hide the gore, to keep the movie PG-13. We wouldn't want to keep a gaggle of screaming, hormonal teenagers from seeing it, would we? (LOL! Sorry, I had a bad experience at the midnight showing of New Moon a few years ago.)
                          Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

Okay, going back to the subject of names, I found an article that might explain why SC chose some of the names she did. It's just the opinion of one person, mind you, but I found it interesting.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/...explained.html

Still no insight as to how on earth she came up with Haymitch, though, which is what I was looking for in the first place.
                            Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

I am resurrecting this old thread to see if anyone besides 'Hub and I have seen the final Mockingjay 2 movie? If so what were your thoughts? I don't want to say anything more because I might reveal 'spoilers'.
                              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I enjoyed the entire series and also read the books before the movies were in production (or maybe even before the screenplay was written). However, I do have some issues with the final film -- probably because I read the books.
                                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X