Résumé/LinkedIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Résumé/LinkedIN

I've been doing a few online applications and was wondering if instead of attaching a résumé to the application is just providing the link to my LinkedIN profile. Any thoughts on this?

IMO, attach a resume. There's nothing much that pisses me off more than someone who sends me a link to their resume. While LinkedIN is a reputable site, most of the sites that people link me to I've never heard of. If you want for me to see a resume, attach it.

And for those that don't, to the spam basket they go, never to be seen or heard from again.

Your mileage may vary..........
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Thanks, frogger. Not sure if the 'process' had changed since I found it necessary to submit one.

RDM

Comment

Definitely attach the resume, especially if it's an actual online application system (as opposed to you just sending an email to a hiring manager). Also, I'm with Frogger -- while a link to your resume / site / samples is a great thing to include, the majority of folks still want & expect an actual resume.

Comment

I agree, send a resume. If they don't specify a format for submitting a resume, submit it in PDF so you don't risk the formatting getting messed up when it is opened.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
            If they don't specify a format for submitting a resume, submit it in PDF so you don't risk the formatting getting messed up when it is opened.
            Indeed. Everyone can read a PDF, and you need to make sure that it is easy for everyone to read without having to figure out how to open it. If you don't have the software to turn it into a pdf, go to www.giyf.com and you can find a free version there to do it.

PDF is the universal standard for a document reader.
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X