No announcement yet.

What do you do for a living?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To add to the medical persons in this thread.
    Was a Certified Nurses Aide for 8 years (working everywhere from the critical care unit to the o.b. unit) got burned out (too much death) and went to being a secretary for a farm/John Deere. Been there 5 years and have to say it's a LOT less stressful.
    Something that amazes me, is I worked in the medical profession all that time and $9.75 was my highest pay (working 12 hour night shifts with no breaks for 7 straight hours)... and I make $13 an hour as a secretary that is a much easier job... I just don't see the logic in that. People in the medical field get lousy wages around here and it's just SAD. I applaud those of you that work every day to care for the sick and/or dying.

Comment

I'm a full time Nail Technician. specializing in Your nail care needs.

Comment

Living

When it comes to living i like to go to the beach or travel. When i need money to do thease things i own a small business hoping i can start living one day not working hand to month.

Comment

To all the struggling medical employees

Isn't it ironic that the reason most non-medical employees need BK is the outragous bills we face after visiting you.

Comment

These are Nurses and people who serve. Nurses are the front line soldiers. You pay your Soldiers, I don't them to worry about anyone but me. But of course that isn't the real world.

My Daddy always said (my dad really did always say this), stay away from rich doctors and poor lawyers.

The truth was that his doctors were all affiliated with Vanderbilt University and the like in Nashville, and i recall riding with one attorney he hired that drove a beat up old Buick, so even he did not heed his own advice!
            Last edited by robivi3; 04-23-2005, 02:01 PM.
            "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Hey :-) I work at a law firm, monitoring ch13 bankruptcy payments

Comment

Haven't been on here for a year since I filed Bankrupty last year so probably no one recognize me, but for a living I work at my main job at a printing company, help do cleaning on 9 printing presses. Also I got my own business on the side that I just started, I design websites for small businesses, right now am helping 5 small businesses, I help a cabin renatal place in northern wisconsin, a restaurant, popcorn store, boat company, and also a car dealership, am pretty much a "computer techi"

Comment

I am the tax man (woman)

I work for the Internal Revenue Service and my greatest relief was when my attorney told me that my employer does not need to be notified of my Chapter 13 since they are not a creditor!

Comment

Retired from management 25 years, now work for local county water district (10 years). Will retire from that too hopefully in another 5 years, if I can get my life straightened back out again.
                    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

I was a licensed practical nurse and was the charge nurse at a nursing home for three years. I hated almost every minute of it and decided to stay-at-home when I became pregnant. I then went back to school for medical transcription which is what I have done for the past five years.

Comment

hey all,
                        new to the site, just found it approx 1 month ago, love it!! really has helped ease some tensions for me. as for the profession, I'm a Registered nurse with 20 yrs of experience, all in the Emergency Department. so all of those whom think we make alot of money, I'm here to tell you different. I love my job, its the greatest but not with the greatest pay. you all take care, thanks for all the info. :o

Comment

magazine publisher

Comment

I am a supervisor at a manufacturing plant. I was a minister for 2 1/2 years but had to give that up because of a job transfer to another state. Being a minister is much more stressful than being a supervisor, but the job satisfaction is not as fulfilling in supervision, (although I do like this job).

Comment

I am a Customer Service Representative for an electric cooperative, love it.
                              jessi_cat_24

Comment

Desktop Support (Computer Support).

I had a great paying job two years ago. That got cut and I was working for half that pay afterwards. To all those of you who think IT still pays good, beware - times have changed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X