No announcement yet.

What do you do for a living?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work in the Care Management department for a Health Insurance Company and my husband is a limited energy electrician.

Comment

I am soon to be going back to college. I have a Bachelor in business and have had fabulous jobs. Times have changed, though. I cannot make the $$ I used to make. I am going to study nursing. I figure its a good career choice as they cannot outsource our bodies! I like the fact that I can pick up and find a job in any (for the most part) of the country. My husband was in computers and got screwed at Lucent Technologies. They relocated him for a huge promotion. I quit my corporate job. Within 6 months his division was gone. This was pre enron, ect when Lucent was doing supposedly well.

Comment

I do debt collections. I work for a major car company and my goal is to keep people from having repo's, but in the long run I'm hoping that I can get back into law enforcement.
        I'm not a lawyer or legal expert, just offering advice on what I may have gone through and/or have knowledge of. Good luck!
        341-done
        Last date for objections: 02/21/06 - done
        Discharged: 02/24/06
        Case closed: 3/8/06

Comment

Hey I'm Debbie I work as an LPN too seeing all of us here make me wonder if we should have spent all that money on school? We're filing and go to court on May 16. Nervous scared but debt is eating us alive. When you have to choose between food and the bills that's time to do something! Glad to meet you!

Comment

Originally posted by debtisbad
            I am soon to be going back to college. I have a Bachelor in business and have had fabulous jobs. Times have changed, though. I cannot make the $$ I used to make. I am going to study nursing. I figure its a good career choice as they cannot outsource our bodies! I like the fact that I can pick up and find a job in any (for the most part) of the country. My husband was in computers and got screwed at Lucent Technologies. They relocated him for a huge promotion. I quit my corporate job. Within 6 months his division was gone. This was pre enron, ect when Lucent was doing supposedly well.
            Hi I'm Deb, new to the game of Drowning in debt 101!haha I worry every day about how to either pay bills or feed the kids, stay awake at night. any suggestions to help me through thsi bankruptcy will be appreciated

Comment

I am an insurance adjuster. Went to college to become a veterinarian and chemistry did me in! Have been handling personal and commercial insurance claims for 20 years plus. Make decent pay. My ex was in sales and made very good money. I have gone through downsizing and lack of jobs. My boyfriend was layed off from UsAirways as an airline mechanic and has had a difficult time finding a new path. He has tried various "hats" and so has not had any actual money coming in for about 3 years.
              Unfortunately with the downsizing and unavailability of jobs at one time, going through a divorce, etc.....drowning in bills that I cannot pay.
              Looks like I'll be able to go CH 7--no home and payed for 1998 VW are basically my only "assets". My attorney gave the heads up after checking everything on the form they use. Thank god! Actually my boyfriend not having a job right now helped a lot as well for now.
              Cannot wait for the process to be over....having car issues and doing the-----do I pay rent? We must eat.... The car is not running yet....will this part fix it? Keep getting rides/borrowing wonderful friends car to get around.....thank god for such true and wonderfuls angels on earth...... Putting off paying utilities until absolutely have to so we can get the car going again.
              My immediate family---sister and parents----are not in much better shape than me so we really cannot help each other other than emotional support.
              But all in all I try to focus on what I do have and keep a positive mindset and as 'ole Joe Dirt says...."Keep on Trucking"!

Comment

If so many people are filing BK, can't find jobs paying anything, why did George W say yesterday that the economy is in the best shape ever. I, for the life of me, cannot figure out where.

Comment

I heard the economic report yesterday on the noon news, that 210,000 jobs were added nationwide to the economy last month.

I'm thinking, for the most part, that's probably 210,000 new minumum wage jobs.
                  Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                  Discharged - 12/2006
                  Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                  Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Sinking, it is all the new Walmarts, Targets and Kmarts opening. I heard the same thing.

On another board that I participate in we are "discussing" how Americans are loosing all of their rights. It is not a BK board, but rather people talking about employment, ect. Most of the people (to my knowledge) have not filed BK but are complaining about employers doing credit checks. They are shocked that employers want to know all their personal business. I, on the other hand, am not.

Have you ever heard of the parable of the frog. It is about a frog that sits in hot water. The water keeps getting hotter, but the frog does not notice. Then one day, the heat gets too hot, and the frog just dies. I am starting to believe that is where we as Americans are. The heat keeps getting turned up on us. Everyone wants to know everything about us. We loose rights all the time.....but nobody notices.....or if they do they do not care because "it does not personally affect them". Then one day, the table turns, and all of a sudden they are affected......but it is too late.....and nothing can be done. Is that where we are headed as a country???????

Comment

We have a relative that went on a trek thru Europe last summer. One of those things that kids in college do. Ride the trains. Stay in hostiles. See the world on a dime kind of trip.

Everyone in the family that communicated with him, either via email, or telephone, is now on the Fed Gov't's Terrorist Watch List.

George Orwell's 1984

Big Brother is every where.
                      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                      Discharged - 12/2006
                      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

I'm a manager and investor

Comment

John234 - Manager and investor of what? Ill will?
                          I'll be watching, you may never know when or how, but I'll be there. I am there now....

Comment

Technical writer for software company now (business analyst formerly.) Was part of a resource reduction of a fortune 100 company. I have two master's degrees and don't have a job over the median income. Things weren't supposed to happen this way.
                            *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

No kidding, Anonymuse!!! I have a Master's, licensure, and postgraduate training. There's no way I could support myself on my salary! No, this isn't the life I ordered!
                              Filed: 2/24/2006
                              341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
                              Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by queerguy
                                geez any more dumb posts

Yep

Why you're even allowed to post here, I don't know. You're a fake just looking to get responses out of people....and I just wasted 30 seconds responding, further enabling pathetic behavior from a wasted gene pool.
                                When it all boils down to it, its just numbers! Your credit score, your interest rate, your bank account, and your net worth if you're fortunate enough to have one......is your happiness really defined by numbers?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X