T-mobile changed my plan after filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-mobile changed my plan after filing

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else has this issue. I went online today to pay my T-mobile bill and found I had been credited $68. I looked at the account events and saw a change in plan status, but no explanation. I called customer service and was told this was due to BK (C7) and they were required to refund. I think he said the refund was up to the date of filing, but I think he meant the difference between what I paid up to the filing date and the prepaid amount after. Basically, he said there is no change in my service other than it pushed my upgrade date back about 6 months, because their policy is no upgrade until a year after filing BK. Also, even though I can continue to pay as normal, I really won't have a contract anymore, until another 11 1/2 months. So I just got a $68 bonus from T-mobile.

T-mobile is not on my creditor matrix, so they must do some kind of cross-referencing with BK filings. My expense schedule only lists cell phone, not specifically T-mobile. Thought thus was interesting.

Weird. I had At&T through my BK last year. They were not listed as a creditor, not behind payments. I just paid my monthly bill and nothing happened. I don't think they even knew about my BK. I have since switched to T-Mobile pay as you go plan. A lot cheaper and service is much better where I live. Thats great you got some unexpected $$$ Look into their monthly pay as you go plans. Don't know why, but a better deal.

Comment

I searched before I posted, and it looks like most of the previous cell phone posts were kind of outdated, and these phone things can change at any time.

I had a $15/mo. pay as you go dumbphone for about 12 years. For most of those years, I never used up my $15 and usually had over $100 on the account after a year. My roommate called a friend in Thailand once or twice a year just so I wouldn't accumulate too much. I'm not much of a phone talker. With job searching and freelancing, I started to rely more on the phone and found a half hour phone call would end up costing about $30, I was really spending quite a bit per month, and it was time to upgrade the phone itself. There weren't any reasonable unlimited prepaid plans at the time, so I shopped around and decided on T-mobile. My $600 android phone was free. I cancelled my monthly 3g on my iPad, cancelled Netflix and a couple other subscriptions and the difference more than made up the increase in phone charges, and I don't have to worry about cutting short an important call because my dumbphone was running out of minutes.

Not the right choice for everyone, but it works for me.

Comment

we had/have verizon and they didn't touch our plan. we didn't name them either on our petition. since we were entitled to a phone, and we didn't have a house phone at the time. but they never changed anything and actually i see we are still getting a 20% discount from when one us use to provide a service for verizon they are still giving us that discount it's been about 8 years now. so, it never effected us in anyway. i'm thanking my lucky stars.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I guess, since I no longer have a contract, that means I could change providers if I wanted, but other than prepaid, I would be subject to a credit check and would probably be out of luck. Verizon is the only provider in this area that has good service everywhere, but they are also the most expensive. My prepaid phone was with Verizon and my $15/mo. was an old grandfathered plan. I really thought long and hard before giving that up.
          I still think it's odd that T-mobile refunded some dollars when they didn't have to.

Comment

yes, it is odd that they did give you back the money. but it's nice.

well our verizon is not bad but we have ipads, smart phones etc. unlimited everything and we pay about $150 monthly which now because of the added devises went up by $30. but i want to carry my ipad around with me so it's worth it for us. (we have too many electronic toys).
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Tobee, I carried my ipad around for two years. Talk about a heavy handbag! My cell is a wifi hotspot, so I use that when I need my ipad on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Pjmax View Post
                Tobee, I carried my ipad around for two years. Talk about a heavy handbag! My cell is a wifi hotspot, so I use that when I need my ipad on the road.

i just carry a brief case type bag everywhere. i have some muscles in my right arm that's all i can say. my cell is NOT a wifi hotspot and i have difficulties all the time with it, never with the ipads. plus i love my ipad

Comment

Take another look at T-Mobile prepaid plans. My plan is $30 a month, 1500 voice minuties or text and a certain amount of Internet. Same number at At&T. No credit check. Just have to make sure the money is in the account by the payment date. I was having a lot of trouble with At&T service where I live, so far T-Mobile works great. They also have more expensive plans for Internet users. I can change my plan at any time, so stinkin contract, yay!

Comment

we have 5 devices requiring internet usage so compared to most other plans they charge more plus we get the discount. we could if we didn't have so many "things" have a much cheaper plan. it's a trade off, we have things like basic cable tv and no long distance on our home phone to balance out the monthly costs. so it's a trade off and the service is usually excellent except with the smart phones, but i think it's more the phone than the actual service since the ipad has the same and it works fine while the phones don't. also after being with them so long all our family is on the same plan and it's free as you know. actually, i understand sprint is also free cell to cell as well.

Comment

Update: I tried to add a line today to my T-mobile account. My roommate has finally decided to ditch the house landline, so I was going to add his (currently prepaid) cell to my account, and we both save money.

Anyway . . . I was told my account is not eligible for any upgrades or additional lines because of the BK status, even though it's been over a year since filing. I have to send a copy of my creditor matrix showing T-Mobile was not included, with a letter requesting my account be reinstated to pre-BK status. That $68 credit I received a year ago will also be debited back to my account, which I will then have to pay.

What a PIA. It took about 6 or 7 calls to find this out. The first person to answer the calls was a US-based person, then I would be transferred to India. Honestly, I could understand very little of what they were saying (or reading from the script) and I'd have to hang up and call again. Finally, got a very nice, helpful CSR who stayed on the line with me and another English-challenged rep and between the two of them, I finally got the right info. It never would have happened if she didn't stay on the line. She was kind of surprised about this, thought it would just be another credit pull.

And, the requested docs can't be faxed or emailed, they must be mailed (it's ready to go to the PO), so it will probably be weeks before we can add roomie's line to my account.

Thought I would post this in case anyone with a T-mobile account has upgrade problems post-BK.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X